Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Trump supporters care that they are described as deplorable?
No. They do belive America should be white and Christian to be great 30 38.46%
No. They do believe immigrants and Muslims take their jobs and will kill them 19 24.36%
No. They do not believe women should have equal pay or have access to abortion 13 16.67%
Yes. It is deplorable to be called deplorable just because One supports Trump. 42 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 11:12 AM

6,621 posts, read 5,027,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
That video clip will pretty much finish her as a candidate. She was talking about me and most of my friends.
We're out here and getting ready for the big event!
You and your friends were not going to vote for Sec Clinton no matter what anyway. I think there are some undecided people but no one is switching from either camp. You would have to be extremely apathetic or living in Amish land not to have a strong opinion about both candidates. The 47% comment confirmed something romney was accused of, unless you want to say Hillary hates white people who are proud of their race and want to preserve it's cultural, and demographic identity but the problem is that sentiment of cultural demographic protectionism to most people is aligned with white nationalist, racist etc. Fair or not that's the consensus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 11:14 AM

51,028 posts, read 24,528,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I guess this is her idea of "stronger together " by alienating 100million Americans.

She is behind in all polls and this will not help.
I really hate it when advocates for a candidate tell an outright falsehood.

She is not "behind in all polls". Simply go to RealClearPolitics - Opinion, News, Analysis, Video and Polls and look for the summary of polls in the upper right hand corner.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:15 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,558,415 times
Oh bother, it's not like Trump has a high opinion of his voters.

This is what he tweeted just a few months before throwing his cap in the ring:
Quote:
I wonder if I run for PRESIDENT, will the haters and losers vote for me knowing that I will MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN? I say they will!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...474944?lang=en

21,499 posts, read 10,621,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I've seen those videos, and they are so disturbing and proof that what Hillary said is true. I DARE any Trump supporter to watch all of them and then not conclude that there is a very sick, very dangerous element supporting Trump.

Yes, we Democrats have a bunch of idiots on our team too, so we are not lily white, but we are talking about Hillary saying this here, and she was 100% right.

Don
I agree that some of his supporters are disturbing to say the least, but it wasn't Trump supporters egging women and spitting on supporters, and chasing them down and beating them up in San Jose. You have some crazies too, and they're much worse in my opinion because they don't just talk. They actually commit violence.

14,489 posts, read 6,120,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I really hate it when advocates for a candidate tell an outright falsehood.

She is not "behind in all polls". Simply go to RealClearPolitics - Opinion, News, Analysis, Video and Polls and look for the summary of polls in the upper right hand corner.
you are right. Luckily though Hillary Clinton was once leading at 7.9 in mid August and it has now dropped to 2.7

Old 09-10-2016, 11:16 AM

432 posts, read 670,489 times
This statement is a major error by Hillary, unless ...

her campaign is absolutely sure that they can get votes only from her traditional base. In that case, in order to win she needs to get them fired up and out to the polls on election day (not that I approve in the least of what she said).

It's still a risky strategy.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:16 AM

957 posts, read 748,126 times
All of Clinton supporters are "basket of deplorables"

Fixed it. Now correct.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:19 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,528,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Foster View Post
This statement is a major error by Hillary, unless ...

her campaign is absolutely sure that they can get votes only from her traditional base. In that case, in order to win she needs to get them fired up and out to the polls on election day (not that I approve in the least of what she said).

It's still a risky strategy.
There are a significant number of Independent voters who are still deciding. Maybe their strategy is "are you a part of them - the crazies? Or are you a part of us, the level-headed, progressives?

Old 09-10-2016, 11:20 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,528,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Oh bother, it's not like Trump has a high opinion of his voters.

This is what he tweeted just a few months before throwing his cap in the ring:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...474944?lang=en
Not much different than Clinton's labeling - maybe worse.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:20 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,558,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
A Basket of Deplorabes at a Trump Event in Pensacola, FL last night.
1. That's not Pensacola or anywhere else in Florida.
2. That's not last night.

Try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections