Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Trump supporters care that they are described as deplorable?
No. They do belive America should be white and Christian to be great 30 38.46%
No. They do believe immigrants and Muslims take their jobs and will kill them 19 24.36%
No. They do not believe women should have equal pay or have access to abortion 13 16.67%
Yes. It is deplorable to be called deplorable just because One supports Trump. 42 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 02:48 PM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times

Advertisements

Apparently so much blowback she's now amending her statement to say only half of us are those things so I have to amend my OP to say she's only half of a cooties-hacking truth-challenged poopeyhead.

Clinton: It was wrong to call half of Trump supporters 'deplorable' | TheHill

The Deplorables - We're the characters that don't wear our underwear on the outside of our super hero costumes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 02:50 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,518,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Negative. Increasing education and intelligence is inversely correlated with Trump support.
Highly "educated"/the supposed intelligent have been running our country into the ground for many decades now and not serving you or me. You sure must be proud and are easily impressed with "the educated", aren't you?

I'm a member of the "highly educated" and went to college/computer science and worked with a bunch of the highly educated set in the IT field. If you are impressed with this set across the board to generalize as such and equate this set with morals, capability, and can make rational life choices based on logic, I think you need a bunch more life experience/need to get out more.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I don't understand why Clinton apologized -- she was right.

When Trump said he can't get a fair trial from his Indiana-born "Mexican" judge named Gonzalo, a poll found 20% of Americans supported Trump on his racist comment. Trump has about 42% support in national polls right now. 20% is about one-half of 42%.

To say half of all Trump supporters are racists, bigots, homophobes or Islamophobes may not be pleasant but it is the truth. Shrug.
Totally agree. She did not say "all" but half. I'm not joking when I say that I've met people who still believe Obama is Kenyan and hates America. I don't know the percentage of Trump supporters who are bigots, but surveys show he has trouble attracting college educated voters. When candidates say the same thing that reporters write, they get into trouble, whether true or not.

Example

[url=http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/trumps-battle-for-college-educated-whites/492302/]Donald Trump Needs to Win Votes From College-Educated White Voters - The Atlantic[/url]

"Half of college-educated whites in that survey said they believed Trump was biased against minorities and women."

Old 09-10-2016, 02:53 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,620,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

The Deplorables - We're the characters that don't wear our underwear on the outside of our super hero costumes.
No, they're these folks. If you don't think they're part of his supporters and that he doesn't pander to them, you're delusional.

Former KKK Leader David Duke Says 'Of Course' Trump Voters Are His Voters

Trump slow to disavow KKK

Old 09-10-2016, 02:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Highly "educated"/the supposed intelligent have been running our country into the ground for many decades now and not serving you or me. You sure must be proud and are easily impressed with "the educated", aren't you?

I'm a member of the "highly educated" and went to college and worked with a bunch of the highly educated set. If you are impressed with this set across the board to generalize as such and equate this set with morals, capability, and can make rational life choices based on logic, I think you need a bunch more life experience/need to get out more.
No survey includes "ALL" as I already posted. Just because you are highly educated, doesn't mean you will vote for a particular candidate. If a survey/poll shows that Clinton has a large lead among white women, it doesn't mean there aren't thousands of white women who will vote for Trump. There are black people who are Trump supporters, but it's obvious that he has very little support from the African-American community.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:55 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,620,932 times
and these idiots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-p5rnHE57Y

Old 09-10-2016, 02:57 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,518,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
No survey includes "ALL" as I already posted. Just because you are highly educated, doesn't mean you will vote for a particular candidate. If a survey/poll shows that Clinton has a large lead among white women, it doesn't mean there aren't thousands of white women who will vote for Trump. There are black people who are Trump supporters, but it's obvious that he has very little support from the African-American community.
This is true but I was pointing out to the other poster that some people/posters have this obsession with "the educated" as having the best insight on various matters in life including the ability to select the "right" candidate. This is far from true on many levels. And on the level of voting/the leaders that have been in office for decades now/"managing" our country like a circus, it's right in our face how well the judgement of the "educated" voters have been in selecting the right people for the job. A pathetic track record. And it's clear to me most of the "Educated" still haven't figured out they are served last, way behind the $/donors.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:58 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,724,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I linked to the statement in my post above. The only thing she's walking back is "half".

Exactly!
Yeah, seriously... it could like how trump describes the number of illegals... paraphrasing: it could be half, it could be more, it could be less. Nobody knows for sure how many it is.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:59 PM

16,785 posts, read 8,281,938 times
I can not believe the Nutty Don supporters cant handle a little truth. Nutty Don talks this way all the time.

Nutty Don is running a scam on his supporters right to the voting booth.

The GOP has to run at the lowest form of politics. Nutty Don is perfect as he yells his dog whistle statements all around the country.
Here in NC we have seen the GOP agenda first hand. Raise taxes on the lower incomes a cut the elites. Raise taxes on everything you can think of then raises every fee (GOP for Taxes) by double.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:03 PM

25,608 posts, read 56,706,478 times
Default The Ugly Americans

I don't think she should apologize at all. In fact, she should be doubling down.

There is a a very large, noisy, ignorant segment of his supporters who are, in fact, deplorables. They're just too ignorant to see themselves for what they are.

Trump has brought out absolutely the worst examples of humanity from behind their rocks. Nothing aspirational about him or his campaign.

Trump is truly an Ugly American who has revealed a society filled with far too many other Ugly Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections