Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Trump supporters care that they are described as deplorable?
No. They do belive America should be white and Christian to be great 30 38.46%
No. They do believe immigrants and Muslims take their jobs and will kill them 19 24.36%
No. They do not believe women should have equal pay or have access to abortion 13 16.67%
Yes. It is deplorable to be called deplorable just because One supports Trump. 42 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 03:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

This is going to dog her for as long as it takes for her to state a proper apology from her own lips. Even then it will be a lie but she will be pressed and pressed until she does it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 03:06 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is going to dog her for as long as it takes for her to state a proper apology from her own lips. Even then it will be a lie but she will be pressed and pressed until she does it.
Doubt it. There's a yuuuuge number of people (voters) who agree, minorities included.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:07 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm really not seeing how people who are proud that their candidate has never apologized for anything can feel like they have any right to be demanding an apology from anyone.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:08 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Default An Ugly American leading Ugly Americans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I don't understand why Clinton apologized -- she was right.

When Trump said he can't get a fair trial from his Indiana-born "Mexican" judge named Gonzalo, a poll found 20% of Americans supported Trump on his racist comment. Trump has about 42% support in national polls right now. 20% is about one-half of 42%.

To say half of all Trump supporters are racists, bigots, homophobes or Islamophobes may not be pleasant but it is the truth. Shrug.
I completely agree with this. She should not apologize. Hillary should continue to call it for what it is. There is a a very large, noisy, ignorant segment of his supporters who are, in fact, deplorables. They're just too ignorant to see themselves for what they are.

Trump has brought out absolutely the worst examples of humanity from behind their rocks. Nothing aspirational about him or his campaign.

Trump is truly an Ugly American who has revealed a society filled with far too many other Ugly Americans.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I'm really not seeing how people who are proud that their candidate has never apologized for anything can feel like they have any right to be demanding an apology from anyone.
He isn't my candidate. I condemn those who think name calling is a proper rebuttal or position here also. I expect even more out of someone running for public office.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:12 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Clinton: I regret saying

...reacting, not leading. They can't get the talking point memos out fast enough to all of you shilling for her.
Her "apology" is hollow. I think Hillary is deplorable. She's a liar, a cheat, and as crooked as they come, and she does not have America's interests at heart, but only what's good for Hillary.

Besides, she supports the terrorist organization, Muslim Brotherhood, takes their money, and has an operative as her closest aid. How is someone like that going to fight terrorism? The same way Obama does; with apologies and appeasement. She's not just deplorable. She is despicable!

Old 09-10-2016, 03:15 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
I think Donald's comment about the Gold Star Family (the Khans) was far more offensive.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:20 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Someone who did the things she did with emails/classified docs/running a server that was against the rules, etc. where you and your family would be fined/thrown in jail for doing the same thing in a heartbeat shouldn't be locked up? You like double standard justice bucfan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I don't think she should apologize at all. In fact, she should be doubling down.

There is a a very large, noisy, ignorant segment of his supporters who are, in fact, deplorables. They're just too ignorant to see themselves for what they are.

Trump has brought out absolutely the worst examples of humanity from behind their rocks. Nothing aspirational about him or his campaign.

Trump is truly an Ugly American who has revealed a society filled with far too many other Ugly Americans.
So you're for the establishment politician who's bought/sold by big $/donors, serves them first/before you, panders to the little guy just for their vote, etc. Apparently you like to be used for a vote/buy into the lies/false promises......that's appealing to you? This is why I have been a big supporter of IQ tests for voters. Perhaps we can have a question about insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results and see how the voter answers such a question. I think I know you're answer to that...."I'm with her!".

I think you really need to educate yourself on the matter of politics to see what establishment types like clinton have been doing to our nation/who they serve in the end. It sounds like your the type of voter who enables these same clowns in year after year and appear proud of it.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:25 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I think Donald's comment about the Gold Star Family (the Khans) was far more offensive.
I agree and Nutty Don's supporters have been silent on this issue.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:29 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Her "apology" is hollow. I think Hillary is deplorable. She's a liar, a cheat, and as crooked as they come, and she does not have America's interests at heart, but only what's good for Hillary.

Besides, she supports the terrorist organization, Muslim Brotherhood, takes their money, and has an operative as her closest aid. How is someone like that going to fight terrorism? The same way Obama does; with apologies and appeasement. She's not just deplorable. She is despicable!
Of course Nutty Don, who has admitted that he bribes politicians all around the country, should not be arrested and put in jail. He is getting everything he is asking for.

Everything you mention is from conspiracy theories which have been debunked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections