Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Trump supporters care that they are described as deplorable?
No. They do belive America should be white and Christian to be great 30 38.46%
No. They do believe immigrants and Muslims take their jobs and will kill them 19 24.36%
No. They do not believe women should have equal pay or have access to abortion 13 16.67%
Yes. It is deplorable to be called deplorable just because One supports Trump. 42 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 04:23 PM

33,567 posts, read 12,786,051 times

Advertisements

My current thought....'Heaven help us' (and I'm Agnostic ). The two worst mainstream candidates I can remember, plus a guy who asks 'What is Aleppo', and a woman with graffiti issues. Not to mention an electorate seemingly more at odds with each other than ever before (or perhaps it is just CD contributing to that perception ). No matter who wins, will the losing 'camp' maintain the level of energy and motivation, re making their views heard, that has been demonstrated in this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 04:23 PM

9,797 posts, read 14,371,392 times
Hillary Clinton: Half of Donald Trump supporters are in 'basket of deplorables' - CNNPolitics.com

I've never been prouder to be classified as being in the BASKET OF DEPLORABLES!
HA! So glad, she clearly stated that, and hope Trump uses that quote in his new ads. In our town, just today, the Trump signs went up in many front yards. Her admittance of how she REALLY feels, has made many admit, and/or decide who they want for President of the United States. This kick in the ___ is what we needed! LOL Walking it back, won't work, Crooked Hillary!

Seems to me, after that dumbo comment, we will need a BIGGER BASKET!

Last edited by rdlr; 09-10-2016 at 04:32 PM..

Old 09-10-2016, 04:25 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,909,562 times
Default Be careful what yo wish for!

[quote=sourdough;45437400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Tell to the riots we have seen in the 8 years. High unemployment and our jobs being exported!

Anther 4 years of Clinton would be horrible on all accounts. You should really rethink that.

One World Gov. with Soros right next to Clinton across the hall. Really?

Old 09-10-2016, 04:28 PM

15,185 posts, read 12,351,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Looney tunes paranoia. Even Google is involved in the conspiracy. Birther, Truther as well?

There's always room in the basket.
Guess you figure name calling and ad hominem attacks are acceptible substitutes for your inability to carry out an intelligent debate, or even a civil course.

But seriously, watch the Hillarybots including the main stream media attempt to sweep her remarks under the carpet, disappear them from cyberspace, and lob attacks on anyone who brings them up. Oh, that vaaaaast right wing conspiracy against the Queen of the Pure Driven Snow....

Old 09-10-2016, 04:30 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,513,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
She shouldn't have said it...not all truths need to be spoken.

However, maybe a gust of wind will knock power out of the trailer parks, and the deplorables wouldn't even know.
Given your generalizations/making a joke about generalized stereotyping and agreeing with it, at least seeing nothing wrong with it, I trust if trump in a speech said half of those on food stamps were "deplorables" were hil supporters because data shows democrat voters collect much more from food stamps than republicans, you'd be ok with that? You'd laugh/joke about it?

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients | Pew Research Center

uh/wait/no/see/well/different/trump racist/....grunt.....grunt........sputter sputter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Perjury its called! We should remind people in legal terms.
Indeed!

Old 09-10-2016, 04:31 PM

15,185 posts, read 12,351,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Another trailer park comment?
LOL, I guess they think such comments are witty and original.

Old 09-10-2016, 04:33 PM

17,966 posts, read 14,968,495 times
Even if 100% of Trump supporters were verifiable homophobic racists (which, they're not) for any candidate to cast judgement and call names of a section of the electorate they're campaigning to represent ... Well, that's what is really deplorable.

Old 09-10-2016, 04:33 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,218,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Yes, and yet it goes just as unpunished as clinton's handling of confidential/classified info on a server that was against the rules where many people in no power positions were served much harsher penalties for doing far less.

Yet people like yourself will elect the same establishment type candidate who accept these bribes, ie donations, wink wink, continuing to enable what you are complaining against.

Look in the mirror boss.....you're THE reason it continues. If you don't vote team D or R, I take back my enabling statement but I'd be willing to bet you'll be voting for establishment team clinton.
Why do you keep repeating false statements? Is Trump rubbing off on you?

Old 09-10-2016, 04:43 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,513,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Why do you keep repeating false statements? Is Trump rubbing off on you?
My original post:

Quote:
Yes, and yet it goes just as unpunished as clinton's handling of confidential/classified info on a server that was against the rules where many people in no power positions were served much harsher penalties for doing far less.

Yet people like yourself will elect the same establishment type candidate who accept these bribes, ie donations, wink wink, continuing to enable what you are complaining against.

Look in the mirror boss.....you're THE reason it continues. If you don't vote team D or R, I take back my enabling statement but I'd be willing to bet you'll be voting for establishment team clinton.

What is false....clinton got away with no punishment for having an against the rules server? Many people who have done far less than her and faced much greater penalties? Let me enlighten you:

Meet the 'Little People': Those Punished for Far Less Than What Clinton Did - Breitbart

Navy Sailor Uses 'Hillary Defense' To Avoid Jail Time | The Daily Caller

You believe donations are given to politicians just because "well, hey, they are just nice people!"?

And are you aware of some magic that I'm not aware of that politicians arrive in office via the tooth fairy or some other magical method, not by voters who put them in office, thereby indeed enabling their behavior?

Please, enlighten me, where my "false statements" are.

Last edited by stevek64; 09-10-2016 at 04:52 PM..

Old 09-10-2016, 04:57 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,723,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Emails equal national Security and foreign Gov. having a inside track to our Gov. Clinton has violated every Law an the purpose of the Private Server is to Cover Clintons dealing with the Foundations.

This is intent and Racketeering on a scale which we have never seen.

Trump is Trump and he is not guided by the Establishment.

Today on Fox the DNC, The party, dictates to Clinton. If you notice she is boxed on and there is other people making decisions.
Not Clinton!
Yet, it is trump who is currently fighting a racketeering charge through the court system in how many states? Bummer, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections