Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Trump supporters care that they are described as deplorable?
No. They do belive America should be white and Christian to be great 30 38.46%
No. They do believe immigrants and Muslims take their jobs and will kill them 19 24.36%
No. They do not believe women should have equal pay or have access to abortion 13 16.67%
Yes. It is deplorable to be called deplorable just because One supports Trump. 42 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 11:18 PM

26,576 posts, read 14,532,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I remember her Speeches on this subject the first time she ran.
never once in a speech ( or anywhere else ) did clinton do anything to promote birtherism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 11:22 PM

34,292 posts, read 17,382,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
never once in a speech ( or anywhere else ) did clinton do anything to promote birtherism.

NYT Writer: Before You Point Fingers at Trump, Remember Clinton Supporters Started "Birther" Movement

HC never does it directly. That's why she has staff do it.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:37 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,997,597 times
She is trash, just like her supporters.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:47 PM

8,515 posts, read 3,789,769 times
I think half of trump supporters are racists but that's just me. Hmmmmm. Maybe 75 percent. But trump supporters prob think I am just wanting free stuff and Obama phones and welfare. See how that works? So you vote for Donald Duke and I will vote for Killary .... Matter of fact I will will vote for a ham sandwich over CONald Chump.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:54 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,048,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
1.) It's not the "truth" as you put it that's the issue(though your comments seems to indicate you agree with generalizing in your own life).....it's the generalizing about a very large group of people in a most insulting way and with a bizarre "50%" figure.
So when Trump generalizes like he does about millions of latinos its perfectly fine, but when Hillary does it its 'insulting'?

Quote:
3.) It's beyond stupid politically to insult the followers of the other candidate, especially in such a close race. It mobilizes the other side and will have the effect of turning off people who are undecided. Go after the candidate you're running against is how to play it smart. But who said hil is all that bright with her claims of I'm SS but what's C? in documents/wipe it with a cloth?/creating a personal server against the rules/working with a concussion where she claims she couldn't remember things yet didn't have the smarts to take a leave of absence if this indeed was the truth.
So let me get this straight. Hillary has to 'play it smart' and do and say all the right things in order for her to have a chance to win, yet Trump can have a free hand at saying the dumbest, stupidest and most offensive things that he wants and THAT'S PERFECTLY OK??!?!? >_>

I think its PRETTY DAMN SAD that the standards we hold Trump to is so low that when Hillary pulls a Trump, its considered high treason and scandalous and yet Trump being himself is seen as him 'telling it like it is' and he can say whatever he wants with little reprecussion. Right now we're holding Hillary to a standard of a 10/10 and Trump to a standard of a 2/10. Namely Hillary has to say and do all the right things ALL THE TIME while all Trump has to do is not be a dumbass and not say something completely stupid everyday and all of a sudden people see them as 'equal' candidates when clearly they're not.

I have to say whether it was on purpose or not, Trump is a genius for conditioning Americans to accept his behavior as being perfectly fine for someone running for the presidency. He's been the way he is since day one and while at first people were completely shocked by him, we have now become numb to whatever he says because he's done it for so long. Its like a soldier in war when he first sees his first dead body he's probably horrified, but by the time he's seen his thousandth body he's no longer shocked or even bats an eyelash anymore. That's what we have with Trump now. 'Oh he said something offensive? Said something that doesn't make sense? Flip flopped on something he said previously? Well that's OK, that's how Trump is.'

Unfortuntely Hillary didn't go that way because she was too busy trying to be sane, rational and presidential, so now when she says something that's very Trumplike, all of a sudden many people are like 'WOW did she really say that? HOW DISGUSTING!! BURN HER AT THE STAKE!' where if Trump said the exact same thing about Democrats, everyone would be like 'So Trump said that? Well whatever, that's just Trump being Trump' and nothing more would've come of it.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:07 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,518,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
So when Trump generalizes like he does about millions of latinos its perfectly fine, but when Hillary does it its 'insulting'?

So let me get this straight. Hillary has to 'play it smart' and do and say all the right things in order for her to have a chance to win, yet Trump can have a free hand at saying the dumbest, stupidest and most offensive things that he wants and THAT'S PERFECTLY OK??!?!? >_>

I think its PRETTY DAMN SAD that the standards we hold Trump to is so low that when Hillary pulls a Trump, its considered high treason and scandalous and yet Trump being himself is seen as him 'telling it like it is' and he can say whatever he wants with little reprecussion. Right now we're holding Hillary to a standard of a 10/10 and Trump to a standard of a 2/10. Namely Hillary has to say and do all the right things ALL THE TIME while all Trump has to do is not be a dumbass and not say something completely stupid everyday and all of a sudden people see them as 'equal' candidates when clearly they're not.

I have to say whether it was on purpose or not, Trump is a genius for conditioning Americans to accept his behavior as being perfectly fine for someone running for the presidency. He's been the way he is since day one and while at first people were completely shocked by him, we have now become numb to whatever he says because he's done it for so long. Its like a soldier in war when he first sees his first dead body he's probably horrified, but by the time he's seen his thousandth body he's no longer shocked or even bats an eyelash anymore. That's what we have with Trump now. 'Oh he said something offensive? Said something that doesn't make sense? Flip flopped on something he said previously? Well that's OK, that's how Trump is.'

Unfortuntely Hillary didn't go that way because she was too busy trying to be sane, rational and presidential, so now when she says something that's very Trumplike, all of a sudden many people are like 'WOW did she really say that? HOW DISGUSTING!! BURN HER AT THE STAKE!' where if Trump said the exact same thing about Democrats, everyone would be like 'So Trump said that? Well whatever, that's just Trump being Trump' and nothing more would've come of it.
I believe trump said those crossing over the border illegally aren't your best/brightest and many coming over are people who commit crimes and some might be ok. Given stats clearly show most crossing our border illegally indeed are largely uneducated/doing low level manual labor and stats show we do indeed have a bunch of illegals committing crime, perhaps you don't like to here reality?

As for trump's approach, what he says, etc., that's the way he is. You're right. He doesn't put up false fronts. People can love him or hate him for it/his views/approach. I think many are sick and tired of PC talk, 1984 word police tactics, etc. which trump provides an outlet the other way and many see as refreshing. Not always agreeing with all the content, but someone who is a straight talker, not a scripted/fake smile suit who says the "right" PC words. He represents a change that many want from what many see as our current corrupt/inept political system that clinton represents. Sander's was seen as the same on the dem side until the DNC played favorites/sold him out and sander's turned out to sell himself out. So this brings us back to why a main reason many people see hillary as "what the heck are you doing?!?", again, it's her hypocritical statement on the matter:

She's trying to play 2 sides of the field.

As for hil/her campaign, yes, I think in the best interest of it she made a stupid move. And it's not just me saying this as I just dug this up:

Why Hillary Clinton expressed regret - CNNPolitics.com

"The controversy around Hillary Clinton saying "half" of Donald Trump's supporters fall into "the basket of deplorables" is what Clinton's top aides have long been worried about: a situation in which her trademark caution elevates an inartful comment."

"Friday's comments came at the end of Clinton's most media accessible week of the campaign, one in which she answered questions from reporters four separate times. When she took the stage to introduce Barbra Streisand at the New York event, it was only the sixth time her pool of traveling reporters had been allowed into one of her over 330 finance events.

It may very well be her last."

So even her aides were worried she'd say something very stupid like this. And she did. Spin it anyway you want and you of course have your right to your view but this is the reality of where she finds herself. At least we know why she has largely gone away for 270+ days away from the press/didn't want them around.....sounds like her aides didn't trust her. And sounds like they knew what they were talking about.

And a thought provoking closer.....if her aides worry about her/don't trust her, why should voters?

Last edited by stevek64; 09-11-2016 at 01:47 AM..

Old 09-11-2016, 04:17 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,624,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Hillary is a terrorist and needs to be thrown into jail, a death sentence would be proper
And one wonders why people against Trump have the opinion that his cult members are whackjobs?

Old 09-11-2016, 05:04 AM

12,547 posts, read 10,016,426 times
Clinton just had her Romney moment.

Why the hell did her handlers allow her to speak without tons of rehearsal?

She just fired up millions of people to will CERTAINLY get out to vote now.

Old 09-11-2016, 05:17 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,725,245 times
Here: an assessment of what behavior is deplorable. After a long list of things that the trump side has said that is indeed deplorable, the article turns to the response to the comment...

"...It is deplorable that the list of deplorable things done and said by the Republican nominee for president is so long it's hard and exhausting to try to remember them all.
It is deplorable that a sizable percentage of his supporters love him because of those awful things -- deplorable that they now feel it is OK to express those views in public. That is not excusable -- no matter how much economic pain they've contended with these past few decades.
But what's most deplorable is the knee-jerk pushback against anyone who dares point out this reality, as though exposing the deplorable is worse than the deplorable things themselves. "

Clinton was right: Trump HAS lifted up the deplorable (Opinion) - CNN.com

Old 09-11-2016, 05:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,398,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Of course Nutty Don, who has admitted that he bribes politicians all around the country, should not be arrested and put in jail. He is getting everything he is asking for.

Everything you mention is from conspiracy theories which have been debunked.
He admitted nothing of the sort. He donates to their campaigns, which is legal, and many other business people do the same. I call that, "supporting American representative government."

I'm not rich, but I have donated to the Republican Party in the past. Was that a "bribe?"

Nothing I mentioned has been "debunked." If it has, show me where?

Huma Abedin is a Muslim Brotherhood operative. She has worked for organizations of the M.B., and so has her mother, who belongs to the "Sisterhood."

You can lie all you want to, but her associations with the M.B. and Islamic groups is easily researched. And the fact that Hillary takes Saudi money, is also an irrefutable fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections