Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Trump supporters care that they are described as deplorable?
No. They do belive America should be white and Christian to be great 30 38.46%
No. They do believe immigrants and Muslims take their jobs and will kill them 19 24.36%
No. They do not believe women should have equal pay or have access to abortion 13 16.67%
Yes. It is deplorable to be called deplorable just because One supports Trump. 42 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 03:45 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,238,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yes, it is a great read!

BTW, did anyone notice that Hillary looks like h*ll in the photo in that article?
Which is worse deplorable or criminal? I guess WikiLeaks will straighten the whole mess out shortly: Assange: WikiLeaks Preparing to Release 100,000 More Clinton Documents. Of course Hillary will blame everybody except herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 04:31 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,898,747 times
Clear that Hillary shouldn't have been so blunt ... truthful, but blunt.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,606,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Clear that Hillary shouldn't have been so blunt ... truthful, but blunt.
Even Lindsay Graham has said that 35% of the GOP is racist. So. . the worst she did was slightly overestimate the number.

Personally, I think Graham underestimated the number.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:35 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,915,283 times
I'm not sure "deplorable" is exactly the right word, but a percentage of Trump supporters have some very strange ideas. Just yesterday at work, several of us were talking about how it was the anniversary of 9/11 and how horrible it was that day. One girl interjected "It was all a hoax, our government did it !" I said "WHAT !!" and she went on to explain it was a government created event !

When I asked her where the Hell she got that idea, all she could say was, "Look it up." When I pressed her for a reason why we would do that, she said "For the oil." Needless to say, I had to ask her a few more questions, and she basically said not only did 9/11 not happen by terrorists, but the Orlando club shooting was staged by actors, and the Oklahoma bombing was also our own doing and McVey was just blamed for it.

She finally said, "I know you trust the government, but I don't, we have no freedoms in this country and we need to make a change, and Trump will do that.

I had to walk away before the top of my head blew off.

Don

Old 09-12-2016, 06:15 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,366,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'm not sure "deplorable" is exactly the right word, but a percentage of Trump supporters have some very strange ideas. Just yesterday at work, several of us were talking about how it was the anniversary of 9/11 and how horrible it was that day. One girl interjected "It was all a hoax, our government did it !" I said "WHAT !!" and she went on to explain it was a government created event !
So did Van Jones and Obama had no problem appointing him to be a czar.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:21 AM

18,503 posts, read 15,325,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

When I asked her where the Hell she got that idea, all she could say was, "Look it up." When I pressed her for a reason why we would do that, she said "For the oil." Needless to say, I had to ask her a few more questions, and she basically said not only did 9/11 not happen by terrorists, but the Orlando club shooting was staged by actors, and the Oklahoma bombing was also our own doing and McVey was just blamed for it.

She finally said, "I know you trust the government, but I don't, we have no freedoms in this country and we need to make a change, and Trump will do that.

I had to walk away before the top of my head blew off.

Don
I hear the same ridiculousness from the orderlies and cleaning crew in my operating room all the time, and I am fairly sure that they are Hillary supporters. At the very least, I'm almost 100% sure they are not Trump supporters.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:29 AM

26,077 posts, read 22,278,148 times
I hope this hasn't already been posted, but I didn't have time to catch up with all the posts in the thread and found this quite good, excellent actually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZKrgCaOago

Old 09-12-2016, 07:33 AM

6,423 posts, read 1,457,117 times
I wanted to vote, but there are no good choices! I support Trump/Pence, but I don't consider my self deplorable. I actually try to help people in life, and protect people in the United States.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:40 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,989,648 times
Charles Blow's view in the NY Times

Old 09-12-2016, 07:54 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,914,680 times
LOL I think when a person with the motto of "stronger together" stands there and divides up a group of people (instead of convincing them to vote for her) shows her to be nothing but a hypocrite. It makes me LOL even more to read the replies of the Democratic party based supporters on this thread to basically double down on what she said and have a lack of credible intellectual ideas to support their candidate Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections