Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 12:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,600,772 times

Advertisements

Phyllis's larger mission in life was to deny people their rights. In later years - she focused with an eagle eye our LGBT friends - with one hysterical article after another. Proposing that states that upheld marriage equality should be denied federal aid.

She told women who were sexually harrassed by their bosses - that they had only themselves to blame.

She was another one who would call to 'make America Great Again' as in going back to the 1950's when we were seen as a white, christian nation.

She thanked her husband when she was on stage for 'allowing her out at night'.

Her vision of America has been soundly repudiated. Look around.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:53 PM

1,202 posts, read 644,515 times
All these whining feminists don't realize part of that goofy amendment was to FORCE women to register for the military draft....women want "equal rights" until they are "equal" then it would be shrieking and crying.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:54 PM

7,836 posts, read 4,589,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Phyllis's larger mission in life was to deny people their rights. In later years - she focused with an eagle eye our LGBT friends - with one hysterical article after another. Proposing that states that upheld marriage equality should be denied federal aid.

She told women who were sexually harrassed by their bosses - that they had only themselves to blame.

She was another one who would call to 'make America Great Again' as in going back to the 1950's when we were seen as a white, christian nation.

Her vision of America has been soundly repudiated. Look around.
I'm sure she and bin Laden are having wonderful heartfelt chats about the role of women as they spend the hereafter together in the same location.

Last edited by take57; 09-11-2016 at 01:13 PM..

Old 09-11-2016, 12:57 PM

While claiming to benefit women, the ERA would actually have taken away some of women's rights. We based our arguments on the writings of pro-ERA law professors, among them current Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The amendment would require women to be drafted into military combat any time men were conscripted, abolish the presumption that the husband should support his wife and take away Social Security benefits for wives and widows. It would also give federal courts and the federal government enormous new powers to reinterpret every law that makes a distinction based on gender, such as those related to marriage, divorce and alimony.

'Equal rights' for women: wrong then, wrong now - LA Times

Old 09-11-2016, 12:58 PM

In 1977, ERA advocates realized that they were approaching the seven-year time limit three states short of the 38 needed for ratification, so they persuaded Congress to give them $5 million to stage a conference, called International Women's Year, in Houston. The conference featured virtually every known feminist leader and received massive media coverage. But it backfired. When conference delegates voted for taxpayer funding of abortions and the entire gay rights agenda, Americans discovered the ERA's hidden agenda.

A couple of months later, a reporter asked the governor of Missouri if he was for the ERA. "Do you mean the old ERA or the new ERA?" he replied. "I was for equal pay for equal work, but after those women went down to Houston and got tangled up with the abortionists and the lesbians, I can tell you ERA will never pass in the Show-Me State."

Cultural Marxism wrapped in a pretty name.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,766,179 times
Quote:
And one of her own children was gay.

It's funny how anti-gay Republicans are when gays I've met tend to be the most affluent. Think of all that money they give up because they are so filled with hate.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:59 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,461,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Franz View Post
Schafly was a horrible woman.
Yes, she was a despicable woman.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:17 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,991,817 times
Quote:
You've omitted something:

"“I want to thank my husband, Fred, for letting me come here” was a favorite opening for speeches. (“I like to say that,” she said, “because I know it irritates women’s libbers more than anything else.”)"

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/06/ob...ies-at-92.html

Old 09-11-2016, 02:18 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,995,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Of course Trump, who is clearly no fan of women that aren't a half-dressed 10, would attend the funeral of Phyllis Schlafly, who successfully opposed the Equal Right Amendment against gender discrimination. We know a lot of Trump supporters tend to be elderly women who hate other women and men who tend to say terrible things about women, but it's amazing to see Trump so proudly against women to the point that he would go to a tribute for Phyllis Schlafly, of all people.

Trump honors 'true patriot' Phyllis Schlafly at her funeral - POLITICO

"Schlafly, the political activist who galvanized grassroots conservatives to help defeat the ERA and effectively push the Republican party to the right..."

"Schlafly supported the party's platform, which condemned same-sex marriage and gay civil rights. Soon after, a New York gay magazine outed her oldest child, John, then a 41-year-old lawyer who helped run the Eagle Forum."

'Don't call me Ms. ... it means misery': Phyllis Schlafly, anti-feminist and conservative activist, dies at 92 - LA Times

Trump is exactly what I would expect to be supported by the Republican Party.
He's pandering to his base.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:18 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,991,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And one of her own children was gay.

It's funny how anti-gay Republicans are when gays I've met tend to be the most affluent. Think of all that money they give up because they are so filled with hate.
"(John Schlafly defended his mother and refused to repudiate Republican politicians, like Pat Robertson, who had condemned homosexuality. “Family values people” are “not out to bash gays,” he said.)"

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/06/ob...ies-at-92.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections