Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2016, 04:11 PM

1,229 posts, read 863,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Two words -Joan Rivers. ANDDD, Michael Jackson. Anna Nicole Smith. All rich people who can afford the best doctors.
Yep.....its a mixed bag for sure. I can counter with Cheney and Kissinger.

If Cheney was a normal person, he would have been dead 10-15 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 04:13 PM

309 posts, read 161,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Her doctor is the Chair of Internal Medicine at Mass gen. I'm pretty sure she knows what she is doing.
Maybe her doctor didn't intend for her to be doing any political activities while taking such a powerful antibiotic. I am a Hillary supporter. I want her to be well and win.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:15 PM

5,805 posts, read 4,785,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
If she had a diagnosis of Parkinson's, her medical records would reflect that. Do your medical records list all the ailments you don't have?
Ha! You think she would release any document that even remotely listed Parkinson's or any symptom of it?

She's only showing us what she wants to.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:17 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,275,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear2014 View Post
Maybe her doctor didn't intend for her to be doing any political activities while taking such a powerful antibiotic. I am a Hillary supporter. I want her to be well and win.
The letter does say that she was advised to rest when diagnosed and put on antibiotics.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:18 PM

8,674 posts, read 10,223,795 times
Quote:
The letter does say that she was advised to rest when diagnosed and put on antibiotics.
Yes, let's all give her a break now. She needs some "down time" in order to gather her lies together.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:19 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,343,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
According to her doctors, she's been prescribed Levaquin. Out of the frying pan, into the fire:

Read down into this article:
Hillary Clinton 'healthy and fit', says doctor - BBC News
Hillary Clinton 'healthy and fit', says doctor - BBC News

This antibiotic has such serious potential side effects that the FDA recently RE issued even stronger warnings to doctors who consider prescribing it:
https://www.drugwatch.com/2016/05/16...tibiotic-risk/

This is one time that I hope her doctors are not telling the truth.

Anyway, just thought this was interesting. Most doctors are by now aware of the significant dangers of these antibiotics, and only reserve their use for very serious illnesses (they have been over prescribed in the past but the new FDA warning, issued to all doctors and hospitals and the general public earlier this year) makes it very clear that these drugs should only be prescribed for serious conditions. From the FDA:

http://www.consumerreports.org/drugs...on-infections/

Why the FDA's New Warning Labels for Popular Antibiotics Matter | Huffington Post
Your links discuss the use of fluoroquinolones specifically for cases of bronchitis, sinus infections, and urinary tract infections, not pneumonia and the CR article specifically states

Quote:
“Fluoroquinolones play an important role in treating serious infections such as those caused by bacteria that are resistant to other types of antibiotics"
I'm going to have to defer to the treating physician on this and assume there was a medical basis to determine that what she prescribed was the correct treatment for this specific patient and this specific case of bacterial pneumonia.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:21 PM

309 posts, read 161,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
It was a report written by a board certified M.D. who has treated her for many years.

What more do you want?

If she furnished the lab reports and they showed everything was within normal limits, you'd say it was faked.

If she made a copy of the x-ray available you'd say it was photoshopped.

Just admit that whatever she furnishes, you'll say it's not enough.
Absolutely right.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:22 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,008,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Don. I didn't say these meds were "bad for everyone," but thanks for playing. I posted the FDA'S most recent, and very strident, warnings about these drugs.

As you say, surely her doctor is among the best in the world, so he must have weighed the risks carefully. But these drugs are, according to the FDA, not me, to be used only for very serious infections because in spite of the risk of long term damage or even death from the side effects, the alternative without the drug could be as bad or worse than the risk.

[MOD CUT/rude]
Evrery drug has side effects. We are all grown ups and I think we should be able to watch our reactions to drugs.

I have taking mild drugs that are still in the market that produced me horrible side effects. I have also taking plenty who have been discontinued with zero side effects. I didn't go around blaming the drug, it's my chemistry. Period. Why would I want a drug banned when it can help someone else?

I hate when people make it about themselves and drugs that help a majority of people get banned because a small part of the population has side effects. If People watched their bodies and the reaction to drugs then other people shouldn't have to suffer because some medicine becomes unavailable.

I was taking Vioxx when it was discontinued. No effects. I thought that was very unfair and thank God I was in my last batch but I felt so bad for those who still needed that drug. That's how corrupt government and conspiracists control the masses. They make life harder for the majority because they think they are special.

It really p.... off. I'm sick and tired of all this paranoia, selfish behavior and pseudo science that many Americans are obsessed with because some snake oil salesman like Alex Jones or Dr Oz told them drugs are bad and natural crap is good.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:26 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,411,537 times
Quote:
Her doctor is the Chair of Internal Medicine at Care mount medical. I'm pretty sure she knows what she is doing.
I didn't say she DIDN'T know what she was doing. My point is that a doctor who knows what she's doing also knows that this is an extremely strong antibiotic used to treat very serious conditions such as anthrax, bubonic plague, as well as bacterial pneumonia that has been proven to be resistant to other medications.

This is such a powerful antibiotic, with such potentially debilitating (and sometimes fatal) side effects that the FDA released yet another, even more strident warning about them earlier this year.

This is evidence that her health condition is quite serious. No competent doctor in September 2016 would prescribe these meds for something mild. See the links I have already provided (to the FDA warnings and Consumer Reports) for clarification.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:27 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,411,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Evrery drug has side effects. We are all grown ups and I think we should be able to watch our reactions to drugs.

I have taking mild drugs that are still in the market that produced me horrible side effects. I have also taking plenty who have been discontinued with zero side effects. I didn't go around blaming the drug, it's my chemistry. Period. Why would I want a drug banned when it can help someone else?

I hate when people make it about themselves and drugs that help a majority of people get banned because a small part of the population has side effects. If People watched their bodies and the reaction to drugs then other people shouldn't have to suffer because some medicine becomes unavailable.

I was taking Vioxx when it was discontinued. No effects. I thought that was very unfair and thank God I was in my last batch but I felt so bad for those who still needed that drug. That's how corrupt government and conspiracists control the masses. They make life harder for the majority because they think they are special.

It really p.... off. I'm sick and tired of all this paranoia, selfish behavior and pseudo science that many Americans are obsessed with because some snake oil salesman like Alex Jones or Dr Oz told them drugs are bad and natural crap is good.
Take it up with the FDA, not me. The FDA is who issued the even more forceful warning about these drugs earlier this year (I've already given the links to the FDA so I won't repeat myself).

The FDA. Not Alex Jones. Not Dr. Oz. The Federal Drug and Alcohol Administration. Dot Gov. I'm not peddling snake oil and I seriously doubt that the FDA is either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections