Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2016, 05:05 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,226,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I read the link.

Hillary Clinton does not have bronchitis, a sinus infection or an uncomplicated urinary tract infection, which is what all of your links reference.

FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA advises restricting fluoroquinolone antibiotic use for certain uncomplicated infections; warns about disabling side effects that can occur together

My point - which I've made repeatedly - is that this very powerful and risky antibiotic is given only for very serious conditions. Hillary is seriously ill, not mildly ill. Ill enough to take a serious risk of debilitating side effects in exchange for life saving treatment.

I'm not saying I wouldn't take these drugs either, if I was sick enough. But I'd have to be extremely sick, and I doubt that any qualified doctor would prescribe them unless I WAS extremely sick, after the flurry of FDA warnings earlier this year, which were sent out to every hospital, licensed doctor, and pharmacy in the US, and published worldwide.

I'll tell you how serious this is. When a doctor looks up this med to prescribe it, a "black box" is required at the very top of the page, warning of the dangers and the seriousness of prescribing these drugs, and asking the doctor to ascertain that the condition is serious enough to warrant this prescription. Then when the patient goes to pick up the prescription, the pharmacist is required by law to call the patient up to the consultation area and give them another warning in person.

Not many drugs fall into this category, which is one reason why this prescription got my attention.

The other reason it got my attention is because I was prescribed these drugs in 2009 for one week, and they destroyed both my Achilles tendons. So yeah, I remember the name of the drug family very well.

I feel genuinely sorry for Hillary Clinton for being so sick that she has to take these drugs. I mean that - and I genuinely hope she doesn't have any of the serious side effects because they are life altering and at her age could be crippling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 05:06 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,994,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. Hillary shot herself in the foot for real this time and, what cooked it for her was someone with a smartphone who "captured" her falling next to her van.
Then you Trumpettes need to stop demanding that she releases anything since you are not gonna believe her anyway.

The best part is that Obese fat-ass Trump hasn't released crap and all of you have the nerve to demand crap.

November 9 can't come fast enough.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:07 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,255,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My point - which I've made repeatedly - is that this very powerful and risky antibiotic is given only for very serious conditions. Hillary is seriously ill, not mildly ill. Ill enough to take a serious risk of debilitating side effects in exchange for life saving treatment.

I'm not saying I wouldn't take these drugs either, if I was sick enough. But I'd have to be extremely sick, and I doubt that any qualified doctor would prescribe them unless I WAS extremely sick, after the flurry of FDA warnings earlier this year, which were sent out to every hospital, licensed doctor, and pharmacy in the US, and published worldwide.
And her doctor thought it was ok. I think her doctor knows best about how to treat her.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear2014 View Post
Hmmm, I must disagree on this one.

I have been given very strong antibiotics in the past, much stronger than I needed. Had me flat on the floor of my office sweating profusely. Needless to say, I did not take another dose and my doctor ordered a better prescription for me. Plus, isn't pneumonia more dangerous to older people, riskier? I know that I'm always after my mother to have a pneumonia shot as well as flu shot.
Like I said, take it up with the FDA - they're the ones issuing the warnings and professional guidelines.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:12 PM

309 posts, read 161,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I did hear one thing Hillary's released latest Stats...The one thing that jumped out to me is her blood pressure..Her Systolic pressure was only 100/ diastolic pressure was also fairly low..and not knowing if it was taken standing, sitting or lying down//It's hard to pinpoint!!

But as a ER caregiver..Those with low pressure Often have episodes of unsteadiness. It appears. it is comes under the umbrella of "Postural Hypotension" ..basically due to not enough fluid circulating to maintain upright balance..So given the video I saw of her outside of that Van on Sunday..I can completely reconcile her upright supported knee buckling..BUT would NOT at all affect consciousness.. and that too would explain once we was seated with legs up..she was quite coherent etc...

I'm sorry but Blood pressure in a 20 years LOW like that means and ( I know mine was 88/50) when 20 years old..never had an issue...But now my pressure is a whole different picture..NOT hypertensive at all!!

Postural Hypotension is always a symptom of LOW Fluid Volume..thus being dehydrated actually explains it... My particular experience was usually due to GO Bleeds ( thus Blood pressure done standing, sitting and lying down to compare) . This would be done in ER..

The day of HRC episode was 2.5 days of initial antibiotic treatment..and she never stopped her rigorous activity since diagnosis......But at her age..I know I couldn't keep up her level of activity...

There's one thing I took from HRC's medical report today..SHE does NOT have hypertension or cardiovascular disease ..Most of her systems have always been due to loss of balance ..no doubt due to bouts of HYPOTENSION caused by dehydration. Now i wonder if she has "Addison's disease" or at least something along that line. However, if she was differing from it..Her history throughout her adult life would have had FAR MORE symptomatic documented experiences..due to the lifestyle and pace of it! Hydration if of utmost importance..because those with Addison actually put out more fluid than they take in ( Adrenal Gland influences).. Symptoms are similar to those who have ever experienced Heat exhaustion/prostration...or you can see what happens to those marathon runners who actually hobble and fall . Dehydration IF prolonged is dangerous..especially for kids!! But that's another ( more critical) criteria!!
Thanks for that post. It is very interesting information.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:15 PM

350 posts, read 417,999 times
Really - this doesn't have anything to do with politics or who you may vote for. This is a very toxic drug that if you've had any exposure to either personally or through people you know who have
taken it - you wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Then you Trumpettes need to stop demanding that she releases anything since you are not gonna believe her anyway.

The best part is that Obese fat-ass Trump hasn't released crap and all of you have the nerve to demand crap.

November 9 can't come fast enough.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:15 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,562,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
If she's taking Levaquin, she doesn't just have the flu. And she doesn't have a mild case of pneumonia either.
Bacterial pneumonia can be both mild and antibiotic-resistant. In fact, that's fairly common. It usually only progresses to severe when ineffective or no meds are administered. (Viral PNA is different.)

I'm sure Clinton's long-time esteemed MD has sufficient training, experience, and information to properly prescribe meds. If there is a problem, it's that her headstrong patient won't follow her advice to rest.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Is the drug approved by the FDA? yes. Can people take it? yes.

So what is your point? She is not taking anything that is illegal. She is being supervised by a team of doctors and she should be doing fine.

Your fake concern about her health and this drug is unnecessary. We already know how you feel about Hillary Clinton and how partial you are about anything that is related to her.

Are you worried about Trump's condition and the obviously fake letter his doctor wrote in 5 minutes? Where are Trump's numbers? How about his taxes.

Save us the fake concern.
Sigh. I will spell out - once again - my point.

My point is that people who are not seriously ill are not prescribed this very powerful medication. She is seriously ill, not mildly ill. So seriously ill that she has to take a drug that alarms the FDA so much that they require - not suggest, but require - many additional warnings and precautions on the labeling and in person, not just to doctors but also to the patients.

As for Trump, personally I can't stand the guy. I think he's probably just as much a liar about his medical records as anyone might think Hillary is.

I'm not a Hillary (or a Trump) supporter, but I wouldn't wish fluor0quinolones' debilitating side effects on my worst enemy, and that's the truth.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:17 PM

15,665 posts, read 10,445,215 times
I wonder how many donors Hillary infected last week on her many fundraisers with her germs or if the little girl she touched when she emerged from Chelsea's apartment after she collapsed on 9/11 and hugged is infected? I'd be pretty pissed if she exposed me to this.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear2014 View Post
Hmmm, I must disagree on this one.

I have been given very strong antibiotics in the past, much stronger than I needed. Had me flat on the floor of my office sweating profusely. Needless to say, I did not take another dose and my doctor ordered a better prescription for me. Plus, isn't pneumonia more dangerous to older people, riskier? I know that I'm always after my mother to have a pneumonia shot as well as flu shot.
Maybe your doctor prescribed something too powerful for your condition -how would I know? Maybe not. Maybe you just had a reaction to it, who knows? Not me.

But what exactly are you disagreeing on - are you saying that Hillary is only mildly ill? If so, are you saying that her team of top notch doctors are prescribing drugs that are not appropriate to her? Because if she's mildly ill, they shouldn't prescribe these drugs to her. The FDA is very, very clear on that, and I'm sure that her doctors are aware of the seriousness of prescribing these drugs to a patient, especially someone of Clinton's stature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections