Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 01:22 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,822,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
RW nonsense gets no better on repetition.

And none of this reads on the subject which is whether you need a security clearance to build or maintain a civilian server. You don't. Simple as that.
It's not repetition. They are facts. Here's another fact. This guy who built the server was a Clinton Aide..he was on her payroll...therefore he was suppose to have a security clearance.

Since you don't believe the posters above who have told you this over and over, here you go.
https://www.clearancejobs.com/securi...arance_faq.pdf

All About Security Clearances

Your welcome.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:37 PM

46,465 posts, read 27,328,200 times
Quote:
RW nonsense gets no better on repetition.
Seems to work for you and the left, say it enough and it must be true, except for the fact I have provided links that have proven you completely 100% wrong....

I'm going to re-post this, just in case you missed it.

Quote:
For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation. In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail (that is, excluding the later “up-classified” e-mails).
Quote:
And none of this reads on the subject which is whether you need a security clearance to build or maintain a civilian server. You don't. Simple as that.

Let me ask you something, if you "set up" a server, do you have to make sure that all those computers, BBs, and everything else run correctly? If so, how does the IT personnel make sure everything works correctly and has the proper settings to work with that particular server?

Understand, (and I know you don't) to even touch a computer that is considered classified, you have to have a what, I'll make this a Multiple choice answer:

a. a diploma
b. a graduate degree
c. a security clearance
d. a truck driver license
e. own a black rifle

Go ahead and answer....I'll wait....

Old 09-14-2016, 03:13 PM

18,057 posts, read 10,476,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Seems to work for you and the left, say it enough and it must be true, except for the fact I have provided links that have proven you completely 100% wrong....

I'm going to re-post this, just in case you missed it.

Let me ask you something, if you "set up" a server, do you have to make sure that all those computers, BBs, and everything else run correctly? If so, how does the IT personnel make sure everything works correctly and has the proper settings to work with that particular server?

Understand, (and I know you don't) to even touch a computer that is considered classified, you have to have a what, I'll make this a Multiple choice answer:

a. a diploma
b. a graduate degree
c. a security clearance
d. a truck driver license
e. own a black rifle

Go ahead and answer....I'll wait....
I have done a few dozen servers personally and ran the design for product that housed tens of thousands. I have been in the business to one degree or another for something over 50 years. In fact at moment I am going a little crazy trying to update a 10 year old site. You do not realize how things have changed until you go to update and discover the art has radically advanced.

That the Federal government is not very good at this stuff is well known particularly as it gets to the part connected to the public system. One hopes they do better on classified communications than they do on the public end. Much of this nonsense, like the IRS mess, was due to the lack of rational email policies. Of course Clinton should not have been using a private server. She clearly admits that. And there should be a huge record of the battle where she overrode the professionals but there is not. Couple of emails from second or third level functionaries worrying apparently swiftly shut down by management. So the Feds suck at non secure computing and emailing.

A civilian server requires no one with a security clearance. Fact of life. Putting emails on a non secure server is against the law and good judgement. Clinton had every right to have a private server shared with family and friends. It is alleged that some topics discussed were classified. There is no way to ever find out if they should have been or whether this is simply the age old war between the spooks and the line. Comey questions her judgement for which he is out of school. The problem here is that she cannot defend herself as the subjects are apparently forbidden to discuss openly. And I would expect her to return the favor by firing Comey when she takes office.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:16 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,451,223 times
^^ The FBI has confirmed that she put classified emails on her private, civilian server. That's kind of the issue.

I'm sure the IT staff wouldn't have invoked the 5th or demanded immunity for simply working on a civilian server.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
^^ The FBI has confirmed that she put classified emails on her private, civilian server. That's kind of the issue.
That is of course purported and will likely never be confirmed in the public view...at least not in our lifetime.

It however has nothing to do with the civilian nature of the server or those who constructed and maintained it. The spec was for a non secure system. The guy apparently knew how to build a non-secure system. That is the end of it. Again is Snowden chooses to put a top secret document on gmail does all of Google now require a TS clearance?

Old 09-14-2016, 03:37 PM

Ok. I think I see what you are saying lvmensch so let me see if I can break this down. Trapper, chucksnee, please correct me if I'm wrong.

You keep saying "A civilian server requires no one with a security clearance." Since you said you work with servers, lets say (hypothetically) that I own a business selling zippers and I want my business to have a server. You are correct that one does not need a security clearance for that.
HOWEVER
Hillary at the time worked for the US Government. She knew she would be receiving classified information in reference to her job. Once one obtains a security clearance so they can receive classified information. In turn her server is no longer civilian. In fact she has to keep all that information because it belongs to the government. When one obtains a security clearance they have to sign form SF312 stating:
Quote:
7. I understand that all classified information to which I have access or may obtain access by signing this Agreement is now and will remain the property of, or under the control of the United States Government unless and until otherwise determined by an authorized official or final ruling of a court of law. I agree that I shall return all classified materials which have, or may come into my possession or for which I am responsible because of such access: (a) upon demand by an authorized representative of the United States Government; (b) upon the conclusion of my employment or other relationship with the Department or Agency that last granted me a security clearance or that provided me access to classified information; or (c) upon the conclusion of my employment or other relationship that requires access to classified information. If I do not return such materials upon request, I understand that this may be a violation of sections 793 and/or 1924, title 18, United States Code, a United States criminal law.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Ok. I think I see what you are saying lvmensch so let me see if I can break this down. Trapper, chucksnee, please correct me if I'm wrong.

You keep saying "A civilian server requires no one with a security clearance." Since you said you work with servers, lets say (hypothetically) that I own a business selling zippers and I want my business to have a server. You are correct that one does not need a security clearance for that.
HOWEVER
Hillary at the time worked for the US Government. She knew she would be receiving classified information in reference to her job. Once one obtains a security clearance so they can receive classified information. In turn her server is no longer civilian. In fact she has to keep all that information because it belongs to the government. When one obtains a security clearance they have to sign form SF312 stating:
If the US government wished to buy a secure server they perfectly well know how to do so. If the Clinton family wishes to establish a family server which they buy and support they have a perfect right to do that.

Mrs. Clinton has asserted multiple times there was no classified material on the server. Others dispute this view. There is no court or Judge available to settle the matter.

But whether true or not the server was constructed to handle non secure matter. In fact no server can be connected to the internet and deal with high level secure information. The assertions of violations would be exactly the same on a .gov server as on the Clinton Email one. dYou simply cannot send classified information on the internet.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:11 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,451,223 times
Dude, at this point you are the only human out of seven billion in denial about the presence of classified information on her "private" server.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
If the US government wished to buy a secure server they perfectly well know how to do so. If the Clinton family wishes to establish a family server which they buy and support they have a perfect right to do that.

Mrs. Clinton has asserted multiple times there was no classified material on the server. Others dispute this view. There is no court or Judge available to settle the matter.

But whether true or not the server was constructed to handle non secure matter. In fact no server can be connected to the internet and deal with high level secure information. The assertions of violations would be exactly the same on a .gov server as on the Clinton Email one. dYou simply cannot send classified information on the internet.
So with your thinking, when a person joins the military they don't have to go to training when told to do so, they don't have to deploy when they are told to do so, they don't have to move when told to do so. They can even go on vacation with their family without making sure they fill out the proper documents and receiving permission to do so.

The point is this. The military member life is no longer their own when they sign the dotted line to serve in the military.
In the case of her server, the moment she received or sent a classified email, it is no longer her server. It is property of the US government because of the documents it holds.
What do you think the government uses to send emails if it doesn't go over the internet?

Old 09-14-2016, 04:27 PM

27,224 posts, read 46,934,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Hillary Clinton Aide Who Set Up Her Private Email Server Had 'No Security Clearance' - Breitbart

But remember she's qualified for the presidency! I didn't think anyone could be more incompetent than Obama...she's proving me wrong!
I wonder if this will become a bigger issue. Hillary let him get access to classified emails!

It is almost to ridiculous to believe but the man testified under oath and he is also the one with the hammer slashing the blackberry's to pieces!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections