Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 05:24 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times

Advertisements

It's very possible that Trump will be the next president.

" NEW YORK – A Gallup poll released Oct. 26, 1980 , showed Ronald Reagan was slipping farther behind President Jimmy Carter, with Carter at 47 percent and Reagan at 39 percent."

Old 10-21-2016, 05:27 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Will this Election Day be repeat of 1980?

Old 10-21-2016, 05:59 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
So far I have learned that Trump is just like Brexit, Ronald Reagan and Jesus Christ.

Mick

Old 10-21-2016, 06:03 AM

131 posts, read 98,994 times
Aggregate polls from 1980 showed Reagan leading since the summer.

This is the exact reason why I saved this link: //www.city-data.com/forum/elect...l#post45784905

Old 10-21-2016, 07:21 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
I am pro-Johnson only because I strongly dislike both Hillary and Donald. I think Hillary will win, but I would not be at all surprised if Trump won after all, assuming the election is not rigged. (Yes, I think that is a real possibility.) I think a lot of people are embarrassed to say they would vote for Trump (even on a supposedly anonymous poll), but when it comes to actually voting, I think many of these people will vote for him.

Of course, I could be wrong about the number of secret Trump supporters, as I seem to remember reading that many of the absentee and mail-in ballots are leaning even more strongly Hillary than current and recent polls would indicate. (Which is why I am VERY strongly against having any kind of this information regarding early voting results released before the actual election day because it could influence the election, either by people giving up or having even more people for the "other guy" vote to lodge their protest.)

Old 10-21-2016, 07:24 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
So far I have learned that Trump is just like Brexit, Ronald Reagan and Jesus Christ.

Mick
And Bill Cosby.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:26 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I am pro-Johnson only because I strongly dislike both Hillary and Donald. I think Hillary will win, but I would not be at all surprised if Trump won after all, assuming the election is not rigged. (Yes, I think that is a real possibility.) I think a lot of people are embarrassed to say they would vote for Trump (even on a supposedly anonymous poll), but when it comes to actually voting, I think many of these people will vote for him.

Of course, I could be wrong about the number of secret Trump supporters, as I seem to remember reading that many of the absentee and mail-in ballots are leaning even more strongly Hillary than current and recent polls would indicate. (Which is why I am VERY strongly against having any kind of this information regarding early voting results released before the actual election day because it could influence the election, either by people giving up or having even more people for the "other guy" vote to lodge their protest.)
Hillary is going to win by an impressive, indisputable margin. And Don Don is going to do what Don Don does and whine and cry and blame everyone but himself and probably will assert the election was rigged. I'm not sure how many days he'll hold out, but it will be enough to do even more damage to the Republican Party and his personal brand (amazing that's even possible after all he's already done).

Old 10-21-2016, 07:27 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post

I considered Johnson. But Trump is unacceptable and a vote for Johnson seems to help Trump more than Clinton.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:31 AM

6,820 posts, read 14,032,189 times
I think Trump will do better than expected but it still will not be enough. I do you believe you there are alot of secret Trump voters out there but they will not be able to overtake HRC huge lead.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:37 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I think Trump will do better than expected but it still will not be enough. I do you believe you there are alot of secret Trump voters out there but they will not be able to overtake HRC huge lead.
There may be some secret Trump voters, but my guess is there are even more secret Hillary ones. How many women in states like Alabama, Tennessee, Kansas, etc. have never voted for a Democrat in their lives but who can clearly see Trump for the slimy, rotten disrespectful punk that he is? You think they are going to loudly proclaim they're voting for a Democrat for all of their friends, family and fellow church members to hear? I don't. But I bet when they get into the polling booth they're going to deliver the well placed kick in the ***** to Donald that he so richly deserves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections