Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2016, 06:29 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,558,250 times

Advertisements

Newsweek is a very credible publication, but I guess investigative journalism has no place in your worlds.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:35 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,614,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaheatfan View Post
Hispanic support is up though so it might be enough to counteract a poor black voter turnout.
There was a breakdown on early voting yesterday with a link posted here. When you look at the early voting in Florida it is breaking toward HRC in a big way. If this the trend in early voting continues going forward she is going to win Florida by about 300k votes. The biggest trends from analyzing early voting patterns are first time Hispanics are breaking Democratic 70% of the time and more than 70k first time Hispanic voters. This is the Puerto Rican wave which she spent so much time courting in central Florida which is going to put her over the top.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:37 AM

And that video is meant to say... what, exactly? If there is any puppet here, it's apparently Trump and anyone who votes for him. If I wasn't part of this country and living on this planet, I'd almost want to see Trump win so that everyone who is actually voting for him gets what they deserve. He'd bring down not only the U.S., but the entire world, so the risk isn't worth it. This would be the only positive if he does win, that I'll get to watch everyone who is supporting him now turn on him later. He has never hidden his true nature; prepare now for the apocalypse.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:37 AM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
I voted for Trump after extensive research. The Cold War with Russia is over. All world leaders will need to unite to defeat ISIS who has infected most or all the countries of the world at this point. Hillary would start a war over her email being hacked. This is all too simple, so I don't need an article written by Newsweek to help me sort it out.

I am also very aware that Hillary is paying people with her nearly unlimited funds (much of it coming from oil rich countries) in this last couple of months to try to sell her. Trying to sell her at this point is like trying to sell dead fish that have laid in the sun for a week. (It may take more than holding one's nose to vote for that!)

Trump supporters are strong individuals that don't give in and follow the crowd.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:38 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,864,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Most people canceled Newsweek a long time ago

Especially some Trump supporters, who have not learned to read yet. Somehow, I knew that the Trumpees would be posting that this article was nonsense, and you guys never disappoint.

But, it IS a big deal, not necessarily anything negative toward Trump himself, but rather how the Russians are trying desperately to influence his winning. We had better accept that the Russians are out to destroy America. The nicey nice after the cold war is over, and their main goal , right now, is to see us gone. They have been doing everything in their power to discredit Hillary and to promote Trump.

Very serious stuff.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:41 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,864,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
And that video is meant to say... what, exactly? If there is any puppet here, it's apparently Trump and anyone who votes for him. If I wasn't part of this country and living on this planet, I'd almost want to see Trump win so that everyone who is actually voting for him gets what they deserve. He'd bring down not only the U.S., but the entire world, so the risk isn't worth it. This would be the only positive if he does win, that I'll get to watch everyone who is supporting him now turn on him later. He has never hidden his true nature; prepare now for the apocalypse.
Part of me feels exactly the same way, it would be wonderful to sit back and be able to say I told you so, every day. But you are right, he would destroy us and Washington could be renamed "Moscow II". That is how serious this whole mess is.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:42 AM

13,795 posts, read 8,032,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaheatfan View Post
Hispanic support is up though so it might be enough to counteract a poor black voter turnout.
But then you have the Sanders vote which at this point I doubt will support HC in numbers she needs.

For sure HC will still get a good 75%-80% but not much more. Combine this with a depressed AA vote. Then say Trump will land 12-15% of the AA vote or double what a Rep. usually get. And this is going to hurt.

The Hispanic vote is certainly a bright spot for the Dems but their turnout is questionable. I can't see their numbers large enough to overcome a depressed AA vote combined with say 20% or so of the Sander vote who either sitting this out or go 3rd party.

Then there is the Trump wildcard. There's been a lot talk over the past 6 months about Reps. not necessarily supporting Trump in numbers he must have. However, he seems to have consolidated the Rep vote over the past ten days.

The wildcard in this election are voters who normally wouldn't vote Rep but will for Trump. Minorities, the young and registered Dems who for a variety of reasons they have decided to go with him.

I like Nate Sliver stats but he was dead wrong about Trump during the primaries largely because of variables you can't always measure. I believe the same will happen on Nov. 8th.

Last edited by john3232; 11-04-2016 at 07:06 AM..

Old 11-04-2016, 06:47 AM

Don1945, I agree. Apparently half of America can't recognize an internal threat like Trump, and they can't recognize an external threat like Russia either. Putin must be laughing at how gullible and easily led Americans are, but he's exploiting our biggest weakness - the lack of fact-checking before blasting "news" onto social media, etc. (If it's on the internet it must be true, right?)

Old 11-04-2016, 06:48 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,872,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Newsweek is a very credible publication, but I guess investigative journalism has no place in your worlds.
I hear the same thing as tabloids... sometimes they get it right and before anyone... I still don't call it journalism... you come here and put conspiracy theories and call it journalism... obviously you are a Hillary liberal...

Old 11-04-2016, 06:50 AM

Tabloids have nothing to do with good journalism, so your point is moot. I'm not a huge Hillary supporter, but yes, I'd do almost anything to keep Trump out of office. He's dangerous and unstable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections