Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 07:37 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
I saw it online on the cover of USA today, and this headline is surely being repeated over and over throughout this country. What a wonderful thing to wake up to! This is the best thing that has happened this year.

Colin Powell is an American hero and an honorable man, and I am so grateful that he spoke out against this disgraceful and incompetent person. Thank you Colin, we're with you, and don't think that this isn't going to make a huge difference in the upcoming election. What a great day this is.
Colin Powell also talked about, as he said it >The Clinton Mafia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 07:38 AM

6,828 posts, read 14,047,739 times
I agree with what Powell said but in all fairness his thoughts were made in private and were not intended to be made public.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:38 AM

1,478 posts, read 789,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The Democrats are no different than the Republicans. Hillary is George W Bush and that's why Democrats love her.

Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump shook up the status quo of both party regimes and both threaten to give more of the pie to the underdogs. Bernie would have divided the pie more for everyone. Trump not so much but he will provide more of the pie for poor whites. Nothing could enrage the current regimes more.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:44 AM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I agree with what Powell said but in all fairness his thoughts were made in private and were not intended to be made public.
Which is a shame, because it is high time that Republicans speak out about Donald Trump and the existential threat to the US that his election represents. Staying silent is not enough. It is irresponsible.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:45 AM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
I saw it online on the cover of USA today, and this headline is surely being repeated over and over throughout this country. What a wonderful thing to wake up to! This is the best thing that has happened this year.

Colin Powell is an American hero and an honorable man, and I am so grateful that he spoke out against this disgraceful and incompetent person. Thank you Colin, we're with you, and don't think that this isn't going to make a huge difference in the upcoming election. What a great day this is.
I've always had respect for Colin Powell. I wish it was him running for office and not Donald Trump.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:07 AM

5,305 posts, read 6,193,233 times
Quote:
Would an "honorable man" tell such blatant lies before the UN and the world about Sadam Hussein's "weapons of mass destruction?" Lies that justified the Iraq war disaster and once more, he knew he was telling a lie. See link.

Colin Powell’s Infamous U.N. Speech, 10 Years Later: Deceiving Public, Ignoring Whistleblowers Led to War | Accuracy.Org

Old 09-14-2016, 08:15 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,944,388 times
Colin Powell can be defined as another dimwit masquerading as an honest politician. His credibility died when he turned his back on the Republicans. He's a proven liar. Why anybody would put any faith in what comes out of his mouth is beyond me. Yet another DC clown that talks out of both sides of his mouth so he can makes the news.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:28 AM

11,832 posts, read 5,816,767 times
Had respect for him and wanted him to run until he aligned with Obama.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:36 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,322,948 times
Respected C Powell as a boss. But it looks like he went over both candidates as negative in a private conversation.

Wouldn't expect he would be a fan

Old 09-14-2016, 08:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,033,703 times
Quote:

So you agree with what he said about Hillary as well right? That she screws up everything she touches? I think the praise for what he says about Trump is rather dishonest given that those that are praising him now were/are the same ones who claim the Bush admin lied and people died. Powell was right there on front street for that.
Hypocritical much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections