Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 05:12 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He has had a distinguished career EXCEPT for Iraq. He steered us way wrong there. A lot more than four dead ambassadors under his watch.
You do realize that Hillary voted for the Iraqi War Resolution, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 05:13 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
I saw it online on the cover of USA today, and this headline is surely being repeated over and over throughout this country. What a wonderful thing to wake up to! This is the best thing that has happened this year.

Colin Powell is an American hero and an honorable man, and I am so grateful that he spoke out against this disgraceful and incompetent person. Thank you Colin, we're with you, and don't think that this isn't going to make a huge difference in the upcoming election. What a great day this is.

Powell was on target!

Old 09-14-2016, 05:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You do realize that Hillary voted for the Iraqi War Resolution, right?
Are you unwilling to hold Colin Powell's feet to the fire over Iraq - the same AS you have done to Hillary over Benghazi?

Typical.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:27 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Powell has more credibility with Americans than Trump and Hillary put together.
Before the Iraqi war he did, but not now.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:32 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,138 times
Quote:
I saw it online on the cover of USA today, and this headline is surely being repeated over and over throughout this country. What a wonderful thing to wake up to! This is the best thing that has happened this year.

Colin Powell is an American hero and an honorable man, and I am so grateful that he spoke out against this disgraceful and incompetent person. Thank you Colin, we're with you, and don't think that this isn't going to make a huge difference in the upcoming election. What a great day this is.
Unfortunately for Colin, he was used a pawn for Bush/Cheney and came out looking pretty bad. I respected him before he aligned himself with Obama and still do to this day. He knows the GOP base has a deplorable racist element to it and I applaud him for calling it for what it is and now for doing the same with Trump. Facts are facts and the Donald is an embarrassment to our great country.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:50 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Powell has more credibility with Americans than Trump and Hillary put together.
And yet it's still only HIS opinions (not that he's uber political or anything ) That and $2.50 will buy a cup of coffee.

Yes, he's got a chest full of well earned medals. So, exactly WHAT has that got to do with anything other than fighting/planning/executing a war?

Old 09-14-2016, 07:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Unfortunately for Colin, he was used a pawn for Bush/Cheney and came out looking pretty bad. I respected him before he aligned himself with Obama and still do to this day. He knows the GOP base has a deplorable racist element to it and I applaud him for calling it for what it is and now for doing the same with Trump. Facts are facts and the Donald is an embarrassment to our great country.
As do the Dems, don't kid yourself. <bold>

Old 09-15-2016, 12:36 PM

74 posts, read 112,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's hilarious that you think Hillary killed 47 people. You just went full tinfoil. Never go full tinfoil.
I never said she did kill 47 people. I am only throwing it out there she very well could have a "few" ties to the list since all 47 were in close association to the clintons. As I said, "All coincidence" and "Too problematic" to even consider her for my vote. Especially, taking into account her personality and even if she was involve in one - just one - out of 47. Something like the Benghazi fiasco.

No conspiracy! Just refusing to be a sheeple, unlike some.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:39 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,664 times
So if Powell is correct when he said Trump is a national disgrace is he also correct in everything he said about HRC?

Old 09-15-2016, 12:40 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Quote:

How is he a hero?

Honorable man? He provided false information to the UN regarding Iraq.

Career military general officer as much as being political as being able.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections