Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Gary Johnson be allowed in the 9/26/16 Debate?
Yes 65 61.32%
No 41 38.68%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 01:12 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I say that anybody who would consider a candidate, who doesn't know what or where Aleppo is to be qualified to participate in a debate for president of the United States of America is stupid. Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Not knowing what the nuclear triad is, or a complete misunderstanding and unwillingness to follow basic security protocols with classified information get a free pass though?

Old 09-14-2016, 01:32 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
They should allow Johnson in the debates. Like the other candidates, it will either help him or harm him.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:41 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Not knowing what the nuclear triad is, or a complete misunderstanding and unwillingness to follow basic security protocols with classified information get a free pass though?
Well I'll give you the "Not knowing what the nuclear triad was" point but the "basic security protocols" is an alt right stretch that's been dissected more than the single frog in a 10th grade biology class and has been proven highly overinflated.
Sum total, three small "c" at the head of a paragraph out of all those emails. three small "c" is all those investigations came up with.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Well I'll give you the "Not knowing what the nuclear triad was" point but the "basic security protocols" is an alt right stretch that's been dissected more than the single frog in a 10th grade biology class and has been proven highly overinflated.
Sum total, three small "c" at the head of a paragraph out of all those emails. three small "c" is all those investigations came up with.
I'll play along, but so far you have confirmed that your rule for the debate is "one strike and you are out" so am I to assume that in your most fair and balanced analysis of Clinton, she is still standing in front of the American public with no strikes against her?

Old 09-14-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I'll play along, but so far you have confirmed that your rule for the debate is "one strike and you are out" so am I to assume that in your most fair and balanced analysis of Clinton, she is still standing in front of the American public with no strikes against her?
No, I agree, she's got baggage but compared to Trump's and Johnson's total ignorance concerning Aleppo, She's coming into the debate with a piece of carry on luggage while Trump has a steamer trunk to check and Johnson lost his baggage before he got there.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:59 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
of course not, this is mano y famino, one on one, johnson would just in the way, he has 0 chance to win.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
No, I agree, she's got baggage but compared to Trump's and Johnson's total ignorance concerning Aleppo, She's coming into the debate with a piece of carry on luggage while Trump has a steamer trunk to check and Johnson lost his baggage before he got there.
Well I guess we will just have to respectfully disagree then because I don't see her as any less guilty as the other two. Neither do many other Americans if are being honest with yourself.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:01 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
No, I agree, she's got baggage but compared to Trump's and Johnson's total ignorance concerning Aleppo,
Ignorance?

She blamed Bengazhi on a Youtube video.

She was either hugely ignorant of the situation or absolutely lying.

Which choice do you prefer since this seems to be an issue for you?

Old 09-14-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Well I guess we will just have to respectfully disagree then because I don't see her as any less guilty as the other two. Neither do many other Americans if are being honest with yourself.
I agree with your statement "Neither do many other Americans". I acknowledge that point. For myself, If Biden had been nominated, I'd have voted for Biden. If Jeb Bush had been nominated, I'd have voted for him. If Rubio had been nominated, I'd have voted for him. But since it's Clinton vs Trump, I have to, in good conscience, and with a duty to the constitution, vote for Hillary. No way should that man have any political power whatsoever in this nation. Now or ever. He is the loose canon fired at the face of true democracy.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
I agree with your statement "Neither do many other Americans". I acknowledge that point. For myself, If Biden had been nominated, I'd have voted for Biden. If Jeb Bush had been nominated, I'd have voted for him. If Rubio had been nominated, I'd have voted for him. But since it's Clinton vs Trump, I have to, in good conscience, and with a duty to the constitution, vote for Hillary. No way should that man have any political power whatsoever in this nation. Now or ever. He is the loose canon fired at the face of true democracy.
Look I'm not saying you have to vote for someone else, but you have to be honest here. The criteria that you lay out for Johnson and Trump not being included is certainly comparable to things Clinton has done. I get it, you want to defend your candidate, but at least try not to be so transparent. Based on your own criteria, the debate stage should be three empty podiums at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections