Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 06:41 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Between Hillary Clinton's health issues and Donald Trump's legal ones are both candidates in very real danger of having to bow out of being our president if elected ? Maybe we should choose the election based on which vice presidential candidate we prefer since either may soon have to take over ? The vice presidential candidates in this election may be very important.
You're right about the vp candidates being important, but that won't change votes. Who that supports Hillary wouldn't support Kaine over Trump and who that supports Trump wouldn't support Pence over Clinton ?

I expect that by this time in 2019 we will have President Kaine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 06:48 PM

8,689 posts, read 11,076,893 times
VP are important in case Hillary announces her Parkinson's or dementia within the next year.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:55 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,548,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
One day someone will be able to clearly explain to me why a candidates odds of winning impacts if they would vote for them or not. Its not a popularity contest.

I see your point and it is true I wish I could just send a statement and vote for a best candidate even if they have no chance but I worry all it will do is help the very worst candidate to win by taking votes away from other less awful one .

Old 09-15-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're right about the vp candidates being important, but that won't change votes. Who that supports Hillary wouldn't support Kaine over Trump and who that supports Trump wouldn't support Pence over Clinton ?

I expect that by this time in 2019 we will have President Kaine.
The truth is I know very little about him.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:00 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
I see your point and it is true I wish I could just send a statement and vote for a best candidate even if they have no chance but I worry all it will do is help the very worst candidate to win by taking votes away from other less awful one .
People are crazy, their one vote means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Vote for who you think is the best qualified, maybe it would result in more qualified people running.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
VP are important in case Hillary announces her Parkinson's or dementia within the next year.

Could they just cover up a serious illness by the president? Is it true that Ronald Reagan began showing signs of alzheimers while still in office or is that just a crazy rumor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections