Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 09:42 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Johnson doesn't help or hurt anyone. The candidates help themselves, if they can be honest, trustworthy, have good ideas, and respectable behavior they help themselves, if not they hurt themselves.
Oh boy, you have a real squeaky clean, naive wish concerning the American
political system.. perhaps that's why you're backing Johnson, because you
don't live in the real world.

The Koch Brothers are funding Johnson because they want Hillary's globalism,
if Trump wins, Koch will be shaking in their boots, they hate nationalism and
they hate independent countries who stand up to one-world corporatism.

by the way, what's an aleppo ?

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...highlight=koch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 09:42 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It's only logical he take votes away from Clinton since he is a liberal and just as left as her on many issues. That's why conservatives can't stomach him. As I've said before, if a liberal needs an alternative to Clinton in this election, Johnson is your man.
Liberals are not in favor of the Keystone Pipeline or increased fracking and apparently has no opinion on global warming, so seems to not care much about the planet. That's a republican stance.

His economic views are not liberal either:

"...Like most libertarians, Johnson believes that the government shouldn’t get involved in economic matters - even though, by remaining neutral, it gives advantage to the strong (big business, the wealthy in general) and disadvantages the weak (working class Americans everywhere). From a libertarian point-of-view, unnecessary taxes of any kind inherently limit human freedom. From a left-wing perspective, however, taxes that provide social welfare to the poor, create jobs, protect labor unions, and build infrastructure are necessary..."

Old 09-16-2016, 09:48 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Oh boy, you have a real squeaky clean, naive wish concerning the American
political system.. perhaps that's why you're backing Johnson, because you
don't live in the real world.

The Koch Brothers are funding Johnson because they want Hillary's globalism,
if Trump wins, Koch will be shaking in their boots, they hate nationalism and
they hate independent countries who stand up to one-world corporatism.

by the way, what's an aleppo ?

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...highlight=koch
Nah, you are simply looking past reality. Reality is that we have two of the most hated candidates EVER. If you think that a third party candidate is whats hurting either of them, thats just crazy. All he is doing is giving them another option.

And Aleppo, which you want to criticize for (its a capital "A" btw) is a laughable 30 second incident that he 30 seconds later recovered from that Clinton supporters think will erase the email issue, and Trump supporters think will erase any number of his enormous screw ups.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:55 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
All he is doing is giving them another option.
No, it's not an "option" at all, and neither is Jill Stein, or Vermin Supreme,
or Deez Nuts, there is zero chance Gary Johnson does anything but smoke
a big fat joint the night of the election and oversleep the next day.

Old 09-16-2016, 10:03 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
No, it's not an "option" at all, and neither is Jill Stein, or Vermin Supreme,
or Deez Nuts, there is zero chance Gary Johnson does anything but smoke
a big fat joint the night of the election and oversleep the next day.
You can deny reality all day long if you want, but it won't change the fact that every single US citizen that looks at a ballot will see the OPTION of Gary Johnson's name, same cant be said for the other folks you listed.

He likely won't win, and likely won't even win one electoral college vote, but the absolute panic and fear that I see from people who are terrified that their precious D or R hard-line all or nothing reliable votes might slowly get shaken loose over time.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:17 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
This article is disinfo.

Politico has always been a Democrat website, they want Trump to lose,
that is undisputed.

Trump is beating Clinton by 5 nationwide head-to-head without Johnson/Stein.........
Without Johnson?! The election will be with Johnson - all 51 ballots - so what does it matter who polls what without him?

Old 09-16-2016, 11:21 AM

1,327 posts, read 722,648 times
Johnson is a terrific alternative to Clinton.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:34 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I don't know where you get that number from since no one knows how many illegals are in this country and how many come in every year. Don't believe what the federal government tells you about the numbers. It's far greater. When amnesty was given back in the 80's there were only suppose to be about 3-4 million illegals here. Then when they came out from hiding it turned out to be more than double that number. If the government tells you there are 11,000,000 here now, you can bet there are closer to 30,000,000. There are probably 6-7 million in CA alone right now and I'm not exaggerating.
Oh, come now. You invent figures and justify them by dismissing every else's figures?

I get my information from ICE.gov, who reports that they removed 235,413 illegals in 2015. 165,935 were apprehended at or near the Mexican border.
https://www.ice.gov/removal-statistics

Hysteria abounds with regard to illegal entry. I don't like it, either, for that matter. But I have come to believe that building The Wall will exacerbate the situation and cause long term damage in the Mexican/American relationship. Regulating legal immigration will not only result in a better relationship, but will also reduce the total number of people coming in.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:47 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
I am voting for Johnson because it's my right to vote. Why would I not exercise my right to vote and stay home. By voting I use my voice and say who I want to win. I believe if Johnson can be heard and debate people would be aware of a third party and the voters would be rightfully represented.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:50 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Oh, come now. You invent figures and justify them by dismissing every else's figures?

I get my information from ICE.gov, who reports that they removed 235,413 illegals in 2015. 165,935 were apprehended at or near the Mexican border.
https://www.ice.gov/removal-statistics

Hysteria abounds with regard to illegal entry. I don't like it, either, for that matter. But I have come to believe that building The Wall will exacerbate the situation and cause long term damage in the Mexican/American relationship. Regulating legal immigration will not only result in a better relationship, but will also reduce the total number of people coming in.
Yes, Hysteria indeed. I live in an area with a high illegal alien population. I could run circles around most people about this subject. I've done my homework on this and live it everyday.
Illegal immigration effects almost every aspect of a persons life, including mine.

Quality of education in the schools
Quality of health care and health insurance costs
Cost of car insurance
Local and state taxes
Property values
Local crime
Jobs and employment
It even effects the traffic on the roads

I didn't make up any numbers. It's a fact that more than double the number of illegals thought to be here came out of hiding when the last amnesty happened. If you don't think that will happen again, you're either naive or just don't care.
Your government numbers are nothing but a guess at best and at worst are used to minimize the numbers here as much as possible to promote amnesty by the currently administration who would like nothing more than to have millions more here so they can eventually vote for the democrat party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections