Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 02:36 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,228,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Sad as the situation is for those who don't have the skills to make it today's economy, tariffs aren't going to help them any.

This is where Hillary's plan to retrain workers will really make a difference.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 05:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You don't actually know what the billion dollar stimulus plans are for do you?

Hint: It is to create jobs.

Fact: Unemployment at a low 4.9%.

It worked.
Except for ONE simple fact.. it DIDNT create decent jobs.. In fact the CBO says it LOWERED the GP .2% long term..

Like I said.. Democrats.. dont evern know what they are talking about.. then whine when others propose something that isnt their usual FAILURE..

Old 09-16-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This is where Hillary's plan to retrain workers will really make a difference.

Bahahaha.. we've been "retraining" workers for FIFTY YEARS.

Old 09-16-2016, 06:09 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,258,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Except for ONE simple fact.. it DIDNT create decent jobs.. In fact the CBO says it LOWERED the GP .2% long term..

Like I said.. Democrats.. dont evern know what they are talking about.. then whine when others propose something that isnt their usual FAILURE..
Do you have a link to that report? Last I checked, the CBO said that the stimulus raised GDP and employment. I don't recall reading a long term analysis from them, but they stopped analyzing the impact sometime last year, so maybe I missed something.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:08 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Trumpistas do not care. Like Brexit voters - the stance can best be summed up as "Up yours!" with a huge helping of "Make it like we imagine the 1950s was, please."

Old 09-16-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Do you have a link to that report? Last I checked, the CBO said that the stimulus raised GDP and employment. I don't recall reading a long term analysis from them, but they stopped analyzing the impact sometime last year, so maybe I missed something.
https://reason.com/blog/2011/11/17/cbo-on-the-stimulus

CBO on the Stimulus: "A net negative effect on the growth of GDP over 10 years."

And since you liberals dont get it, here, let me explain it to you.

Taking money from person A and giving it to person B does NOT stimulate. It only CHANGES where the money is spent. And because the money is BORROWED.. it must then be reversed out of the economy in order to pay the debt, and the interest, thus leaving a NEGATIVE effect on the GDP as the debt grows..

Common sense should dictate this to be true, but so many liberals lack it.. its pretty sad.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:08 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,258,614 times
Quote:
https://reason.com/blog/2011/11/17/cbo-on-the-stimulus

CBO on the Stimulus: "A net negative effect on the growth of GDP over 10 years."

And since you liberals dont get it, here, let me explain it to you.

Taking money from person A and giving it to person B does NOT stimulate. It only CHANGES where the money is spent. And because the money is BORROWED.. it must then be reversed out of the economy in order to pay the debt, and the interest, thus leaving a NEGATIVE effect on the GDP as the debt grows..

Common sense should dictate this to be true, but so many liberals lack it.. its pretty sad.
Do you have a link to a CBO report that supports your claim in the post below? The last report I recall was published in 2015, but that one doesn't support your claim, so there must be a later report that I have missed - that is the report that I am asking for. A video clip from 2011 doesn't really help.

Quote:

Old 09-16-2016, 11:11 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
these "experts" are getting paid by the Clinton Campaign and George Soros........LMAO!

Old 09-16-2016, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Do you have a link to a CBO report that supports your claim in the post below? The last report I recall was published in 2015, but that one doesn't support your claim, so there must be a later report that I have missed - that is the report that I am asking for. A video clip from 2011 doesn't really help.
That is, a net negative effect on the growth of GDP over 10 years." Elmendorf then confirms that CBO estimates that the economic drag will continue in the following decade:
Why exactly do you think we can remove this money from the economy to cover the debt, and it wouldnt result in something negative?

CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul - Washington Times

Why do you need a "report" to tell you what should be common sense?

President Obama’s economic recovery package will actually hurt the economy more in the long run than if he were to do nothing, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:24 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,228,503 times
Quote:

The goal was NOT to create endless well-paying jobs, coming out of the recession the goal was to stop the freefall, reduce unemployment,and kickstart the economy. Done, done, and done. You have been told this many, many times already! Hillary is the one who will finish the recovery and create many many well pay jobs.

Quote:
Is a Republican really going to bring up Failure? Considering they practically invented and then mastered it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections