Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 07:41 AM

25,996 posts, read 22,187,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Go figure, Globalists who want to continue fleecing America for trillions don't like the America first policy. They are the ones who messed up the economy to begin with and came up with financial gimmicks and frauds that they never were held accountable for anyway. Who cares what they say, they are irrelevant.
I could not say it better, this ^^^.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 11:11 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,468,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Except for ONE simple fact.. it DIDNT create decent jobs.. In fact the CBO says it LOWERED the GP .2% long term..

Like I said.. Democrats.. dont evern know what they are talking about.. then whine when others propose something that isnt their usual FAILURE..
Republicans will not create decent jobs either, mark my words.

And it's because the economics of the past don't work anymore. Not only can you not compete with cheap overseas labor in a global economy, you also have no answer for increased automation that is rendering human workers irrelevant. That is why economic equality is fundamentally growing so much.

You're still reading off of some economic textbook from the 1950s that does not apply.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:21 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,789,738 times
I've read on CNBC that Trump's plan is bad but Hilary's economic plan is worse.

Old 09-17-2016, 12:23 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,250,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
"Experts" huh? Are these the same "experts" who got us into nearly $20 triilion in unfunded liability?

Eh, no. Where did you get that strange idea from?

Old 09-17-2016, 12:30 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,590,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I've read on CNBC that Trump's plan is bad but Hilary's economic plan is worse.
Proof without posting a right wing website???????????????????

Trump v Clinton: Comparing their economic plans - BBC News

Old 09-17-2016, 12:31 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,346,801 times
Why don't these "economic experts" have billions and billions... mega resorts all over the world, planes, yachts, the most beautiful apartment buildings?

You do realize these economic experts make 50k a year teaching at a local community college right?

Old 09-17-2016, 12:45 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,234,764 times
Trump v Clinton: Comparing their economic plans - BBC News

Quote:
Mr Trump's campaign said the plan would reduce the amount of income the government collected by $4.4tn over a decade. This is far below the $9.5tn calculated by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in August. The Center said Mrs Clinton's plan would add $1.1tn in revenue over the next 10 years.

Quote:
Mr Trump has focused mostly on increasing manufacturing jobs, which have declined by around 5 million since 2000. Much of that decline has been caused by improvements in technology, however, not outsourcing.

Mrs Clinton's policy for jobs growth is a little more specific. She has called for increasing jobs training - in part paid for by tax revenue from wealthier Americans. She has pushed for infrastructure spending and investment in new energy to lift the number of jobs in those sectors.
Quote:
Mr Trump has not addressed how he will pay for these cuts, other than saying the changes will boost the economy and that will increase the tax base.
Mrs Clinton has said most of her spending increasing will be covered by tax increases, but it is unclear if those numbers entirely match up.

Old 09-17-2016, 12:51 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,250,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Why don't these "economic experts" have billions and billions... mega resorts all over the world, planes, yachts, the most beautiful apartment buildings?

Because the most astute investors don't gamble with their money and they are frugal - they protect their nest egg and allow it to grow over time by taking the minimum risk with maximum gain. That means while many retire with a lot of money, they live modestly because they want to save more to invest. You will hardly ever see good economists buy jets, yachts, over renovate a home, etc; because those are waste of money. Plus, most economists did not inherit hundreds of millions of dollar like certain someone. So they have to live frugally in order to invest as much as they can to better more returns. They certainly do not go billions into debt and get into four bankruptcies like Trump.

Quote:

You do realize these economic experts make 50k a year teaching at a local community college right?
Yes, I know someone like that, and he is on track to retire with several million bucks. Like I said, these people invest wisely and they know the key to affluence is to be patient and outperform the market. You don't seem to realize that it is much more difficult for a median income person to retire with several millions than for a multi-millionaire via inheritane to become a billionaire (assuming he is one).

Old 09-17-2016, 12:55 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,346,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Because the most astute investors don't gamble with their money and they are frugal - they protect their nest egg and allow it to grow over time by taking the minimum risk with maximum gain. That means while many retire with a lot of money, they live modestly because they want to save more to invest. You will hardly ever see good economists buy jets, yachts, over renovate a home, etc; because those are waste of money. Plus, most economists did not inherit hundreds of millions of dollar like certain someone. So they have to live frugally in order to invest as much as they can to better more returns. They certainly do not go billions into debt and get into four bankruptcies like Trump.

Yes, I know someone like that, and he is on track to retire with several million bucks. Like I said, these people invest wisely and they know the key to affluence is to be patient and outperform the market. You don't seem to realize that it is much more difficult for a median income person to retire with several millions than for a multi-millionaire via inheritane to become a billionaire (assuming he is one).
I hear you. I feel like Hillary definitely knows more about the economy and more about money than Trump anyway.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:15 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,277,311 times
Quote:

That sounds pretty low. The chief economist at my last job had to be clearing well over $500K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections