Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 08:35 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,549,392 times

Advertisements

I just wonder how much Hillary Clinton will consult and follow the advice of her husband the former president Bill Clinton if she is elected? Will a Clinton win mean both a Hillary and Bill presidency in office? I honestly hope so for even those who dislike Bill Clinton must admit he is a very smart man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 08:40 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
A smart man who gave us NAFTA? No thanks. Hillary did say if she wins, she'll put Bill in charge of the economy. That alone would be a reason not to vote for her.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:42 AM

247 posts, read 196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
I just wonder how much Hillary Clinton will consult and follow the advice of her husband the former president Bill Clinton if she is elected? Will a Clinton win mean both a Hillary and Bill presidency in office? I honestly hope so for even those who dislike Bill Clinton must admit he is a very smart man.
Really? I think it would only lead to more corruption and dicking of bimbos in the WH.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:10 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:

Just like Ma & Pa Ferguson;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miriam_A._Ferguson

After her husband's impeachment and conviction, Ma Ferguson sought the Democratic nomination for governor, and was elected to office. She told voters that she would follow the advice of her husband and Texas thus would get "two governors for the price of one."

No thanks.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:11 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
I don't think so considering they can barely stand to be in the same room together.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:14 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
I hope he is an advisor. He presided over a the largest period of peace and prosperity the US has had in decades. He managed to create peacefully end the war in Bosnia. He was a fabulous diplomat. He is extremely smart. Definitely a big plus to have him in the WH. We had great foreign relations.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:16 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I hope he is an advisor. He presided over a the largest period of peace and prosperity the US has had in decades. He managed to create peacefully end the war in Bosnia. He was a fabulous diplomat. He is extremely smart. Definitely a big plus to have him in the WH. We had great foreign relations.

Oh, Bill had all sorts of relations.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:26 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Just think of the interns slick willie would have....he keeps getting older and they all stay about the same age....

Old 09-17-2016, 09:35 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I don't think so considering they can barely stand to be in the same room together.

Oh, so you must be close to them and have personal knowledge to make that kind of statement. Otherwise, it is just speculation, and no intelligent person just speculates.

As for if she will discuss things with him, sure. Do not we all consult with our mates on various subjects ? It would be unthinkable to believe she would not bounce ideas and problems off of him, especially since he has been there and done that. A smart person will use any good resource available to them to make decisions.

I might add that Bill, even with his weaknesses for other women, left the country in very good shape. Here is a brief on how it ended up , there is more to read too, if anyone is interested in the facts.

Clinton's presidency included a great period of economic growth in America's history. David Greenberg, a professor of history and media studies at Rutgers University, opined that:
The Clinton years were unquestionably a time of progress, especially on the economy [...] Clinton's 1992 slogan, 'Putting people first,' and his stress on 'the economy, stupid,' pitched an optimistic if still gritty populism at a middle class that had suffered under Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. [...] By the end of the Clinton presidency, the numbers were uniformly impressive. Besides the record-high surpluses and the record-low poverty rates, the economy could boast the longest economic expansion in history; the lowest unemployment since the early 1970s; and the lowest poverty rates for single mothers, black Americans, and the aged.

And, a little more information:

The Clinton presidency claims responsibility for the following:
  • Average economic growth of 4.0% per year, compared to average growth of 2.8% during the previous years. The economy grew for 116 consecutive months, the most in history.[77]
  • Creation of more than 22.5 million jobs—the most jobs ever created under a single administration, and more than were created in the previous 12 years. Of the total new jobs, 20.7 million, or 92%, were in the private sector.[78]
  • Economic gains spurred an increase in family incomes for all Americans. Since 1993, real median family income increased by $6,338, from $42,612 in 1993 to $48,950 in 1999 (in 1999 dollars).[79]
  • Overall unemployment dropped to the lowest level in more than 30 years, down from 6.9% in 1993 to just 4.0% in January 2001. The unemployment rate was below 5% for 40 consecutive months. Unemployment for African Americans fell from 14.2% in 1992 to 7.3% in 2000, the lowest rate on record. Unemployment for Hispanics fell from 11.8% in October 1992 to 5.0% in 2000, also the lowest rate on record.[78]
  • Inflation dropped to its lowest rate since the Kennedy Administration, averaging 2.5%, and fell from 4.7% during the previous administration.[80]
  • The homeownership rate reached 67.7% near the end of the Clinton administration, the highest rate on record. In contrast, the homeownership rate fell from 65.6% in the first quarter of 1981 to 63.7% in the first quarter of 1993.[81]
  • The poverty rate also declined from 15.1% in 1993 to 11.8% in 1999, the largest six-year drop in poverty in nearly 30 years. This left 7 million fewer people in poverty than there were in 1993.[82]
  • The surplus in fiscal year 2000 was $237 billion—the third consecutive surplus and the largest surplus ever.[81]
  • Clinton worked with the Republican-led Congress to enact welfare reform. As a result, welfare rolls dropped dramatically and were the lowest since 1969. Between January 1993 and September 1999, the number of welfare recipients dropped by 7.5 million (a 53% decline) to 6.6 million. In comparison, between 1981–1992, the number of welfare recipients increased by 2.5 million (a 22% increase)

I think Hillary could do very well to seek his advice.............and the country will benefit once again.

Don

Last edited by don1945; 09-17-2016 at 11:05 AM..

Old 09-17-2016, 12:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
My guess, she could care less what he thinks: he is in the picture to help campaign with her. I doubt they even have a marriage as most of us see marriage. He will do his thing, she will do hers. Of course neither are a picture of health, so who knows how long either will be able to continue?

Don1945; you don't really think, after all the affairs and all the crap there will be any reason to think they have a marriage do you?

I will say, he did leave the country is good shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections