Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 02:26 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times

Advertisements

For the past few weeks Kellyanne Conway has kept Trump on a very short leash. She is doing the talk shows while he gets a few softball spots on Fox. He has been reading from the teleprompter and even stayed above the fray on Clinton's health. But it all has changed. Since Clinton's triumphant return to the trail on Thursday, Trump has made fun of her health, insulted a black pastor and congregation, called CNN hosts "losers", called Maureen Dowd (NYT) a "neurotic dope", trolled the press for an infomerical for his hotel while dredging up his racist remarks of the past 5 years, suggested that Clinton be left defenseless against assassins, and said he likes the violence at his rallies. Did I miss anything? He clearly seems to have broken free and is rummaging the chicken coop being anything but Presidential. Maybe they have decided to let him off on weekends when nobody is really watching, but clearly things have changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 02:35 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times
In the movie Clash of the Titans the memorable phrase was "release the Kraken" but in this election cycle it is apparently "release the crackpot"

Old 09-17-2016, 06:59 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Since trump is reading off teleprompters, I think kellyanne has simply added his little tirade things to the text, so that they can say he ins't going off script any more. It is all in the script already. Smart girl, eh?

Old 09-17-2016, 07:05 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
In the movie Clash of the Titans the memorable phrase was "release the Kraken" but in this election cycle it is apparently "release the crackpot"
Ha!

Old 09-17-2016, 07:19 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Since trump is reading off teleprompters, I think kellyanne has simply added his little tirade things to the text, so that they can say he ins't going off script any more. It is all in the script already. Smart girl, eh?
There is nothing unscripted anymore. All has been thought through and approved by HQ.

Kellyanne is merely letting Trump sound a bit like the Trump of Old. Also a warning shot to HRC, he can still attack and attack when savaged by the Hillary campaign.

Trump is at his best and most irresistible when giving it out as good as he gets.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:55 AM

13,236 posts, read 7,286,273 times
He makes fun of these people it's like watching a comedy roast there isn't anything more funny to watch then a politician get roasted. People in general hate politics so it's fun to watch what Trump does and they will vote for him. I can see why his poll numbers go up he attacks her I can't wait for the debates it's going to be epic. I guess folks with no sense of humor will never understand him.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:03 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times
I agree let's let the debates decide this.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:19 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
There is nothing unscripted anymore. All has been thought through and approved by HQ.

Kellyanne is merely letting Trump sound a bit like the Trump of Old. Also a warning shot to HRC, he can still attack and attack when savaged by the Hillary campaign.

Trump is at his best and most irresistible when giving it out as good as he gets.
"I just threw up in my mouth"

Old 09-18-2016, 05:48 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,855,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
For the past few weeks Kellyanne Conway has kept Trump on a very short leash. She is doing the talk shows while he gets a few softball spots on Fox. He has been reading from the teleprompter and even stayed above the fray on Clinton's health. But it all has changed. Since Clinton's triumphant return to the trail on Thursday, Trump has made fun of her health, insulted a black pastor and congregation, called CNN hosts "losers", called Maureen Dowd (NYT) a "neurotic dope", trolled the press for an infomerical for his hotel while dredging up his racist remarks of the past 5 years, suggested that Clinton be left defenseless against assassins, and said he likes the violence at his rallies. Did I miss anything? He clearly seems to have broken free and is rummaging the chicken coop being anything but Presidential. Maybe they have decided to let him off on weekends when nobody is really watching, but clearly things have changed.
Sniff....sniff....Can you smell it? That is the stench of liberal desperation.
Hillary is collapsing both physically and in the polls.

bill

Old 09-18-2016, 09:39 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,994 times
Well, you can only keep a good man down for so long. I guess the same goes for Donald Trump.

Leopards don't change their spots no matter how hard you scrub.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections