Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 09:44 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Do you have any idea how depth of field works? Apparently not, it's a harvest moon, though, I understand.

The people with their cellphones are not anywhere near as close to the stage/podium as they appear in the video. Here's a wide-angle shot of the front of the venue, the stage/podium is in front of the large flag on the left: https://theconservativetreehouse.fil...pg?w=640&h=353
(please notice the URL, I picked an image from a rightwing site so as to dampen any further tinfoil notions of hanky-panky)

Compare that shot with what you see on the cellphones and it's obvious the folks with cellphones are some distance back from the podium and are capturing the balcony, swags, and the blue sign to the right of the podium & large flag.

Thread fail.
Post fail. Trying to pull the wool of obfuscation over everyone's eyes. Depth of field and then the arrogance to suggest nobody understands it.

The phones are no more than 20 feet from Hillary. In one camera, as she passes by with nothing between her and the camera lens, we do not see her pass by. Plain to see.

Maybe Hillary supporters at her rallies are watching a movie on their phones or some family album pics. Then saying they were recording Hillary if one of the HRC campaign people come around.

Either way, Hillary is not inspiring much enthusiasm among her supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 09:55 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
The phones are no more than 20 feet from Hillary. In one camera, as she passes by with nothing between her and the camera lens, we do not see her pass by. Plain to see.
Not sure how you know they're within 20 feet but I'll go with that. Even 15-20 feet is ample distance to capture the balcony and swags and sign that, if you looked at the image I linked, are right there where the cellphones are aimed.

But<shrug>, whatever cuckoo theory rings your bell, have at it. If you're not chasing this one, you'll be chasing the next one.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:00 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw
At 4:30 approx.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?415316...north-carolina

Some idiots had their phones on selfie mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Maybe, but every camera?

Like I said, I have no explanation, just noting that it is very strange.

There are a lot of idiots at Hillary Rallies, well percentage wise as attendees don't add up to so many.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:31 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Do you have any idea how depth of field works? Apparently not, it's a harvest moon, though, I understand.

The people with their cellphones are not anywhere near as close to the stage/podium as they appear in the video. Here's a wide-angle shot of the front of the venue, the stage/podium is in front of the large flag on the left: https://theconservativetreehouse.fil...pg?w=640&h=353
(please notice the URL, I picked an image from a rightwing site so as to dampen any further tinfoil notions of hanky-panky)

Compare that shot with what you see on the cellphones and it's obvious the folks with cellphones are some distance back from the podium and are capturing the balcony, swags, and the blue sign to the right of the podium & large flag.

Thread fail.
I'm familiar with photography, you are wrong.

The cameras are not showing what is in front of the cameras.

All the cameras are clearly in selfie mode.

How is it possible that all of the cameras were in selfie mode, and none of the people noticed.

This just isn't plausible. Now add the fact that this has happened at least twice, at two different Hillary rallies.

This just went from not plausible, to highly unlikely.

I don't know what is going on, and I have no explanation.

However, if the crowd is being added in through video editing, that would explain why every camera is in selfie mode, because you could not have the phones showing a green screen, or an empty stage with no Hillary.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Even after I explained this, folks are still buying into it. I guess I'd better buy some stock in tinfoil. Harvest moon or not, there's bound to be a shortage..
I have Reynolds Wrap, I guess that will work.

Cray.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:48 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
FFS, you guys have way too much time on your hands.

Seriously, go find something productive to do.
The same could be said for you. After all, you are here in the threads either defending Hillary or attacking Trump Oh the irony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You know, at least it keeps them content and occupied.
Uh huh. So...your constant defense of Hillary and writing lies about Trump is "keep[ing] [you] content and occupied".

Old 09-18-2016, 01:16 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Well, I have no idea about this. What I am noticing is the level of shrillness and expert testimony have both increased, dramatically, from the Clinton camp.

Disdain, denigration, expert testimony about videography, internal medicine.... You name it.

Right now polls are distressing to the left. If they turn in a weeks time, probably no worries for Mrs Clinton come election day. The preceding observation courtesy Nate Silver, 538. If the polls do not turn in a week, ugh oh. That also from Mr Silver.

Which might explain the panic-sounding shrillness.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Well, I have no idea about this. What I am noticing is the level of shrillness and expert testimony have both increased, dramatically, from the Clinton camp.

Disdain, denigration, expert testimony about videography, internal medicine.... You name it.

Right now polls are distressing to the left. If they turn in a weeks time, probably no worries for Mrs Clinton come election day. The preceding observation courtesy Nate Silver, 538. If the polls do not turn in a week, ugh oh. That also from Mr Silver.

Which might explain the panic-sounding shrillness.
Trump or Hillary fans: NO "counting the chickens till they hatch"; this election IMHO will keep swinging back and forth till the end.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:03 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Hardly counting chickens Packers. Related Nate Silvers take I believe from Friday. Did offer my opinion on the why of increasingly shrill left voices. That is all

Old 09-18-2016, 07:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I really never knew we had so many crackpots out there that buy every conspiracy theory that comes down the pike.
yea reminds me of the left and their accusations of conspiracy theories when referring to Hillary's health. First they called everyone who questioned Hillary's Health a RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY THEORIST! Then they called everyone SEXIST!

On the Jimmy Kimmel show, Clinton called the GOP claims about her health a "wacky strategy."

Then CNN said Karl Rove helped plant the seeds in 2014

And then the right was proven right. Wow, Hillary made a fool of the liberal media.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections