Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 05:26 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times

Advertisements

[quote=WaldoKitty; The people how put them out are the ones who vote.[/QUOTE]

Could you kindly translate your statement to english.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 05:40 PM

22,451 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This guy has decided to make a "Deplorable" bumper sticker.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...per_sticker_i/
Great bumper sticker!

Did you see the very first comment in the thread? Here it is:

"Id [sic] buy one but I don't want a tolerant leftist to key my car"

For that reason, I would never put one on my car---but still, I do like what it says

Old 09-18-2016, 08:46 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
I haven't seen any Clinton signs, I've seen a few Trump signs and one Gary Johnson sign. But really not many signs up, yet at least.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:51 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,986 times
I didn't see any Trump signs until after the forum then have seen two. Have seen none at all for Hillary but my neighbor has Hillary signs sitting in his garage. Maybe he is waiting until Nov.

My guess is that yard signs and car stickers will not be a good gauge this year

Old 09-18-2016, 09:46 PM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I haven't seen any Clinton signs, I've seen a few Trump signs and one Gary Johnson sign. But really not many signs up, yet at least.
I haven't seen any Clinton signs either, but I live in one of the most heavily Republican counties in Texas. I've seen one Trump yard sign, and it has been up for maybe 14 days tops. That house is a few blocks away from a guy who has had a Fire Obama sign in one of his front windows since 2012. I really haven't seen that many bumper stickers (and only that one yard sign) during this cycle (say since Clinton declared in April of 2015). I've seen maybe 4 Trump bumper stickers in affluent areas of Henderson, NV that are south of St. Rose Parkway (MacDonald Ranch, Anthem, Seven Hills), and 2 faded Obama/Biden stickers in poor sections of Las Vegas. In Mesquite, NV I saw a Prius with California plates and tons of Bernie stickers plastered upon it. In my county in Texas (Montgomery) I've seen probably three Bernie stickers, and one 'We are Newtown' sticker....and that's about it.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:00 PM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times
In my town there are several Trump signs about 5 Gary Johnson signs and none for Hillary.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:08 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
I haven't seen any Trump stickers or signs, but in LA that's asking to be the victim of vandalism. No Hillary signs or stickers either. I've seen a handful of Bernie bumper stickers. Saw my first Trump bumper sticker on a visit to Scottsdale Arizona.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:17 PM

1,229 posts, read 858,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBear View Post
I have yet to see a single campaign yard sign, or a bumper sticker for Trump or Clinton in town, and I do have a theory as to why. If you are a Trump supporter, you are not putting out a yard campaign sign , or a bumper sticker on your vehicle, because you do not want your property destroyed. (seen a lot of video of people's property being destroyed, because they have a Trump sign.) If you are a Clinton supporter you have not put a yard sign out, or a sticker on your vehicle, because you do not want to be identified as a Clinton supporter. ( can you find a single person who admits to have voted for Obama. I personally have never met one, or at least they will not admit it to me)

Trump signs abound out here---especially on rural properties--- in West by God.....but other than an occasional Clinton bumpersticker on a Maryland car, I've not seen one Clinton lawn sign.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:29 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,621,189 times
Strange, I haven't seen any where I live either. There were plenty the last election. I remember going down this street and counting all the Obama and Romney signs and there were a number of Ron Paul signs as well. The biggest sign I saw in someone's yard read "REVOLUTION" in bright red letters.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:59 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
I don't see yard or bumper signs for either party any place I go in town. People are either not excited about their choices or Facebook has taken over as the place to post signs. I sure see enough of them there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections