Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 12:07 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh, I do know. I know quite well.

Your video is patently misleading and disengenious and apparently the videographer has no CLUE what a door knocking event even is.

This is because - TRUMP HAS NO GROUND GAME IN OHIO.

Where is the Trump office in Ohio, pray tell?

In Delaware? In Westerville? In Columbus? In Hilliard? In New Albany? German Village?

Where's the Trump office?
Here's the facebook page for the guy who took the video: https://www.facebook.com/eric.spracklen

Note the January 19 post. It appears his friends don't even support Trump. LOL!

(Here's more about this guy: http://regated.com/2016/08/magapod-e...ric-spracklen/ He's a major Trump fan!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 12:35 AM

13,736 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Ringo1 just needs some time to rest and think about everything. A lot of spinning and hopeless justifications for what is , it must be said, a HRC campaign in dire straits.

Sounds very tired to me and at wits end for what is happening to the campaign.

We can allow Ringo1 some rest and maybe see she/heback tomorrow or whenever they feel better.
Ringo1 like a lot of HC supporters simply can`t fathom the disastrous turn of events for their candidate and are indeed in shock.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:37 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
After seeing a video like this and venue after venue of empty seats at Hillary events I am starting to think she somehow skewed the polls too.....Oh yeah, that's right she did!!!
You know, you only have to see Hillary once to know what she's all about. She doesn't change her message every other second like Trump does. You never know what Trump will say but Hillary is very dependable.

What are Trump's policies today? Are they the same as yesterday or this morning or are they entirely different? Who knows? Who cares?

Old 09-19-2016, 01:21 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You know, you only have to see Hillary once to know what she's all about. She doesn't change her message every other second like Trump does. You never know what Trump will say but Hillary is very dependable.

What are Trump's policies today? Are they the same as yesterday or this morning or are they entirely different? Who knows? Who cares?
Name a policy of Hillary.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:23 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
After seeing a video like this and venue after venue of empty seats at Hillary events I am starting to think she somehow skewed the polls too.....Oh yeah, that's right she did!!!
Indeed.

Most of these polls are based on calling a couple of 1000 people then running them through private models to project how the rest of the population will vote. Unfortunately for the pollsters, this election is like none seen in the past generation.

And remember, their objective isn't to make accurate predictions. Their objective is to make money.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:24 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
.... She doesn't change her message every other second like Trump does.

Every other second? She hasn't had a press conference in 11 months.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:55 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
First - my son is a project manager - so I know the schedule Metroword has. When a project is in full swing - my son doesn't get down time until it's completed - so no he wouldn't have time to volunteer.

Second - I worked campaigns for years and obviously some of you never watched the video. There was suppose to be a door knocking - we called it canvassing - and everyone was suppose to meet at headquarters at 1 o'clock for their street designations and info packets. Now you'll have a few people come a bit early and leave to their assigned route - but the majority come around the time it starts and actually congregates for awhile in the building - chatting and waiting to get their assignments. There was only 1 guy handling handing out the assignments - we had 2-3 people doing it as many wanted their home areas, others needed something nearby to walk to and others had cars and didn't care where they were assigned - it takes awhile to get people out the door.

There isn't even a Hillary Clinton campaign headquarters in my area which is a big metropolitan city. I get calls and emails all the time from the Trump campaign - but none from Hillary and I'm a Democrat.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:01 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Here's the facebook page for the guy who took the video: https://www.facebook.com/eric.spracklen

Note the January 19 post. It appears his friends don't even support Trump. LOL!

(Here's more about this guy: MAGAPOD EPISODE 17 He's a major Trump fan!)
And this means what? Of course the guy is a Trump supporter - it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. So what if his friends don't support Trump - I myself have a couple (2) that support Hillary. Not everyone is going to agree - but then again - we don't go to war over it and treat each other so shamefully like some on this board.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
One small office in Ohio (Westerville) knocked on 250 doors this week-end. One small office in one small area.

The Delaware office is larger with more volunteers. The Columbus office even larger.

IF you choose to believe there is no ground game in Ohio, fine by me. Play your silly video all the live long day because a guy arrived early.

I have to continually remind myself that I'm dealing with folks who think Trump tells the truth and that Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya.

So normal conversation is really out of the question.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:59 AM

17,412 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
HRC will be at Temple University tomorrow ... the room she'll be in holds 700.

1. It will be interesting to see/hear reports from the event to see how many people were actually there.

2. Why is she only doing small events?

(I RSVP'd for this particular event last week to get tickets - though I received a confirmation at the time, I have not received any additional email information. And now HRC's website says the event is full. I have to wonder if they are intentionally keeping access at these events small.)
Quoting myself because ....

The time on the event just changed overnight from 4pm to noon.

I still don't have an email from HRC's campaign even though I have a confirmation email from the campaign when I signed up - though at that time it says location and time TBD.

Just frickin' weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections