Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 01:45 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
yes, egotistical reply by you.

I was indicating wwc in Pa, as this thread is about, could lead to a DJT win.

You were dismissive of that.

How'd it work out?
Wrong? Yes

Egotistical? What?

If I was dismissive, it wasn't due to any contempt for that group of voters; just knowledgeable of the fact that they're likely to make up less of eligible voters with each election due to demographic change. You were thinking wwc; I was thinking white non-college which is largely the same group. But I don't see how that is eotistical. It's certainly not due to being self-centered or self-absorbed, which is what I think of when I use the term egotistical, because if that's descriptive of anyone, it's Donald Trump.

Reliance on statistical probability isn't egotism.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 09-02-2017 at 02:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 02:08 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
She's doing well in PA per the article.
So much for that article.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:29 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Wrong? Yes

Egotistical? What?

If I was dismissive, it wasn't due to any contempt for that group of voters; just knowledgeable of the fact that they're likely to make up less of eligible voters with each election due to demographic change. You were thinking wwc; I was thinking white non-college which is largely the same group. But I don't see how that is eotistical. It's certainly not due to being self-centered or self-absorbed, which is what I think of when I use the term egotistical, because if that's descriptive of anyone, it's Donald Trump.

Reliance on statistical probability isn't egotism.
Demographic change is not a get out of jail free card as the Dems learned. In addition, those growing demographics often fail to vote as regularly as more established, centuries old demographic groups.

Egotistical was your thinking demographics could offset the way the wwc was trashed by your DNC. It cost them dearly, and will continue to until the DNC repents for their sins.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Demographic change is not a get out of jail free card as the Dems learned. In addition, those growing demographics often fail to vote as regularly as more established, centuries old demographic groups.

Egotistical was your thinking demographics could offset the way the wwc was trashed by your DNC. It cost them dearly, and will continue to until the DNC repents for their sins.
That's not egotism, unless you have a strange definition of egotism. And as far as demographics as concerned, the election of 2016 didn't change anything, because both parties are still dependent on the same groups, with the groups most supporting the R's falling with each election and the groups more inclined to support the D's increasing. it doesn't mean that the D will win, just that the odds against the R's gets a little heavier with the passage of time, without an expansion of their base.

That's all it boils down to; statistical probability, not ego.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
That's not egotism, unless you have a strange definition of egotism. And as far as demographics as concerned, the election of 2016 didn't change anything, because both parties are still dependent on the same groups, with the groups most supporting the R's falling with each election and the groups more inclined to support the D's increasing. it doesn't mean that the D will win, just that the odds against the R's gets a little heavier with the passage of time, without an expansion of their base.

Its been a great 7 years for the GOP, starting with the 2010 shellacking, the state house takeovers, the governorships we won, and now POTUS.

Thanks for handing the wwc to us on a silver platter. They will remain a giant force in the Rust Bel and western Pa.

PS: 2016 Election showed the Blue Wall is finished. It fell like a house of cards. Red Wall held nice and firm, though. Red is IMO a much prettier color.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:46 PM

I'm glad you're happy, Bob.

......tick, tick, tick

Old 09-02-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you're happy, Bob.

......tick, tick, tick
another Hillary Rodham Clinton as POTUS Free Day.

MAGA

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=4&ajaxhist=0

Old 09-02-2017, 03:22 PM

5,897 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
PS: 2016 Election showed the Blue Wall is finished. It fell like a house of cards. Red Wall held nice and firm, though. Red is IMO a much prettier color.
You closet communist.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:05 PM

8,688 posts, read 11,076,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Poor white uneducated voters are deplorable, poor minority uneducated voters are victims
Lol

Old 09-02-2017, 04:57 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times
Quote:

Not going to increase with they way the far-left is acting right now, and the way the Democrat politicians are putting up with it. Hell, some of them encourage it, or participate in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections