Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 07:32 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,654,310 times

Advertisements

Ha, little fibs! Clinton's incompetence got people killed in Benghazi. That fact, coupled with her and Obama's bumbling in the middle East gave rise to Isis, which led to the Syrian refugee crisis.

That's all you need to know.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:33 AM

8,324 posts, read 3,966,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
My BS meter also was pegged when I listen to Trump. He is just like a used car salesmen, when thrown a question he can't answer he fumbles off word salad and double-talk.

Case in point:

"But when I do come up with a plan that I like and that perhaps agrees with mine, or maybe doesn’t — I may love what the generals come back with."
Awesome quote. That is a perfect example of the jumbled nonsense that often flows from this guys mouth. Like the OP stated, Trump's supporters seem to be so disillusioned or desperate that they don't need (or want) to really listen to the CONTENT of Trump's patter. It's all about genuflecting to their new Messiah, more like a cult or a religion than a political movement.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:34 AM

24,729 posts, read 17,469,691 times
Trump is Trumps' Biggest FAN ! He has been self promoting himself for decades by putting his name all over products and buildings and golf courses. His ego knows no bounds and this could be why he is working so hard on becoming the President.

Hillary is such a mess of a candidate and she represents the old outdated politics. We all know she is a liar and corrupt.
We all know that the only thing she cares about is increasing her bank account.
I know many people who don't like her and are only voting for her because they hate Trump.

I like Trump because at the very least he will enforce existing laws. At the most he will promote America to greatness again that will have a trickle down to everyone and will of course feed his ego and bank account.

Trump is ingrained in America with his buildings and business and really cares about its success because a strong economy affects his bottom line whereas Hillary? Where and with whom does her interests lie?

In the end people will vote for Trump because he is not Hillary.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:34 AM

4,615 posts, read 3,437,051 times
In sales it is called the Halo effect, it is why Toyota could tomorrow put a death trap on the road and not be called out on it for a year or 2 while GM would engender an immediate 300,000 car recall over a bad cup holder. Having a known track record is a bad thing this election, Clinton has the long venerable experience like GM and all the baggage that comes with it. Trump is like a new Tesla model specifically made for the middle class with a $15K price point, voters are willing to make all kinds of mental gymnastics to make the concept work in their minds, at least until there are 10-15 fatal Trumpmobile accidents. We already know about the Clinton fatal accidents.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:55 AM

13,658 posts, read 10,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump is Trumps' Biggest FAN ! He has been self promoting himself for decades by putting his name all over products and buildings and golf courses. His ego knows no bounds and this could be why he is working so hard on becoming the President.

Hillary is such a mess of a candidate and she represents the old outdated politics. We all know she is a liar and corrupt.
I know many people who don't like her and are only voting for her because they hate Trump.

I like Trump because at the very least he will enforce existing laws. At the most he will promote America to greatness again that will have a trickle down to everyone and will of course feed his ego and bank account.

Trump is ingrained in America with his buildings and business and really cares about its success because a strong economy affects his bottom line whereas Hillary? Where and with whom does her interests lie?

His buildings and business (luxury hotels, 100,000 membership golf courses) don't cater to the majority of Americans, so he doesn't care whether everyday people are making it.

As long as he gives enough breaks to the wealthy and uber wealthy he does fine. He needs them to have enough disposable income that they'll spend it at his properties.

Those doing the housekeeping or servicing the private jets won't see any upswing to their daily life.

And it's easy to be a successful businessman when you stiff people for 30c on the dollar.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:59 AM

68,379 posts, read 54,626,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Isn't it time to stop blaming Trump because the Democratic Party ran an old, proven unfit hag in the race? I mean, it isn't Trump's fault that Hillary is a criminal on her deathbed, it is the fault of the party for running her not to mention the FBIs fault for not recommending indictment. A lot of Democrats have left the party over this, I suspect those that left were the "higher educated Democrats" that the party keeps bragging about too!

So, let's put blame where blame belongs, on the Democratic party. Gee, Hillary is the best you have to offer means you all are finished!

And what does the fact you utterly fail to recognize a two-bit con-man is the best the Republican Party has to offer mean?

Old 09-20-2016, 07:59 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,983,588 times
"Clintons little fibs"......LOL!!!!!!!! That may just be the understatement of the year.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:49 AM

24,477 posts, read 23,182,443 times
The problem with that tactic is that Trump is far more honest and less corrupt than Hillary. Will Trump be accused of murdering Vince Foster and Ron Brown next?

Old 09-20-2016, 09:01 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,904,688 times
Quote:

I suspect that many will select this bastion of integrity ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...8708&tid=ss_tw

Old 09-20-2016, 09:08 AM

8,324 posts, read 3,966,475 times
Quote:
Trump is Trumps' Biggest FAN !

You my friend are a dreamer. America was built on dreams so I cannot entirely fault you. But to really and truly believe that Trump cares one iota about trickling anything down to the middle or lower classes in this country is a perfect example of just how good he is at peddling snake oil. Actually Trump craves power at least as much as wealth, and that's what makes him especially dangerous. If his motivation was strictly avarice I might tend to agree with you more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections