Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 11:33 AM

1,683 posts, read 811,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Not anymore, recent polls put her ahead in all but Iowa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 11:40 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We already saw that with Bush and GOP House & Senate. Disaster. Its never good when one party controls everything.
What a disaster Obama, Dem House & Senate. Created the largest tax increase for the middle class in 2 decades just to help redistribute income to the poor and the rich.

Income inequalities jump the fastest and highest under Obama. He increased payroll taxes, increased cost of healthcare, while poor people enjoyed free healthcare and don't have to join the workforce.

I was paying $350/month before Obama, now I have to pay over $1200/month. This is the single largest middle class tax hike in the 20+ yrs I've been apart of the workforce.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:44 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
There's no guarantee the GOP is losing the Senate this year - The Senate: Democrats have paths to majority, but GOP sees glimmer of hope - CBS News

Old 09-30-2016, 12:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
What a disaster Obama, Dem House & Senate. Created the largest tax increase for the middle class in 2 decades just to help redistribute income to the poor and the rich.
Feel free to say whatever you want about Obama. I stand by what I said in my post.

Wait a minute, looks like Ronald Reagan was the tax-hiker in Chief since the 1960s.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:46 PM

318 posts, read 436,603 times
Fareed Zakaria
16 hrs ·
Donald Trump is a strange standard-bearer for Republicans. He espouses few of the party’s traditional positions and disavows most of its icons. Almost every important conservative publication — National Review, the Weekly Standard, Commentary — opposes him, as do most leading conservative pundits, from George Will to David Brooks to Bret Stephens. Of the five previous Republican nominees for president, three will not publicly affirm that they would vote for Trump and I would bet that a fourth (John McCain) will not in the privacy of the voting booth. And yet, amazingly, in polls, Trump has received around the same level of support from Republicans as previous GOP nominees — so far. The election might well hinge on one simple issue — whether Republicans prove to be rational or tribal.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/&#823...92c2-14…

Old 09-30-2016, 04:36 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
New Fox News poll out today for FL Senate has Rubio +4 over Murphy. This is an improvement over a Mason Dixon that had Rubio +9.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:19 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times
Again this thread is about how chances of a GOP controlled Senate are fading in light of a very bad week for Trump.

Many polls are beginning to show Trump peaked just before the debate.

I hear the argument that a single party controlling both Congress and Executive Branch is bad. However, we all witnessed what a mess it is when Congress will not pass anything suggested by the President.

The American people know that the US needs to invest billions in infra structure projects. How can it do that if a GOP controlled Congress won't authorize new airports, roads, bridges, and other big projects?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections