Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If Trump quits now, can Pence win?
Yes 23 33.33%
No, it's too late. 46 66.67%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 01:11 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Talk about fear mongering

How could any one President (want to) do that anyway?

Trump isnt dropping out

CN
You haven't read up on Pence much have you? I swear some vice presidents are chosen because they're a worse alternative. IE the "don't assassinate me because then you get the vice pres-and look!" defense.

Biden has a reputation for making foot in mouth mistakes, but the guy is smart. Best Recent Vice president-but a lot of people associated him with the occasional gaff. That would be a mistake.

Bush had...Cheney. The guy shot a lawyer in the face, and the lawyer apologized. He was often compared to Darth Vader....which is completely unfair since Vader was the hero of the movies. He even killed the emperor-something no one else could manage.

Clinton had Gore....a guy so dreadfully dull that he made drying paint look interesting.

Bush had Quayle. Milk-toast (See gore)

Reagen had bush.....to be honest I was 11 when he was first elected. I remember none of it. The only real opinion I can recall was that deficit spending seemed like a good way to promote growth, but I felt it should be used sparingly. (I didn't yet have the concept of boom bust cycles to be honest, or I might have had a clearer idea that deficits should only be ran during busts, and paid off during booms)...but hey I had other concerns. Puberty really distracts from....thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 01:34 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,509,301 times
I'm still all-in for Trump. As bad as today's revelation was, my focus is on change to our government, which I think Trump can deliver. While, Trump has said some bad things...Hillary has done some bad things. And I don't want the Obama regime to continue.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:35 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Yes, because everyone knows that this election isn't about jobs, the economy, Islamic terrorists, or illegal immigration, it's about the gays.
Thanks for the clarification.

Which of your rights would you give up for a job, the economy, Islamic terrorists, or illegal immigration?

How about your right to own a gun?

How about your right to practice your religion?

How about YOUR right to marry?

How is taking away the right of homosexuals to marry going to improve the economy or protect us from terrorists?

Republicans need to listen up.

Homosexuals may be a small group, but they have the support of the majority of Americans.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:38 AM

3,254 posts, read 2,341,436 times
Yes, Trump can step down. They can't make him stay in the race and it looks like many Republicans want him to step down now. I found this article that explains what happens if he does step down. Basically the Republican party can nominate someone else, most like Pence, but it could be anyone. Is it Time for Trump to Step Down? What Happens if He Does? – The Bull Elephant

Old 10-08-2016, 01:48 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
Yes, Trump can step down. They can't make him stay in the race and it looks like many Republicans want him to step down now. I found this article that explains what happens if he does step down. Basically the Republican party can nominate someone else, most like Pence, but it could be anyone. Is it Time for Trump to Step Down? What Happens if He Does? – The Bull Elephant

That article does not address the people that have already voted.

What if the voters who have already voted for Trump want their vote back?

Putting in a replacement would essentially be denying those people the right to vote for an actual candidate.

Talk about opening a can of worms.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:15 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,803,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Yes, because everyone knows that this election isn't about jobs, the economy, Islamic terrorists, or illegal immigration, it's about the gays.
Thanks for the clarification.
Wow!

I feel so special!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Sayf

Won't you be my neighbor?

We can exchange tips on how to defeat nasty sexist pigs that run under GOP ticket.

ps You need a sailboat to be my neighbor.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:19 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Trump isn't quitting. You know, we have been listening to that and the liberals been praying, wait, I don't think they do that, but whatever they do in order that Hillary would have a chance.

Right now, this is nothing but trying to deflect from the last batch of wikileak. It is bad for Hillary and verifies what Trump and his supporters have been saying all along.

Pence is OK, but no, he could have went no where as the nominee, so a liberal dream only.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:21 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
No way Trump will win. The R's have lost already with their idiotic choice.
So the R's need to have some leadership and integrity and dump him for their party's reputation.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:24 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
It's hard for me to believe that Trump will want to remain on the ticket. Four weeks of being publicly berated, leading up to an assured loss on election day? Seems to me that he won't be able to stand it.

What should Rs do? Invent time travel real quick...

I think leaders in both parties will be looking at their policies regarding candidate replacement. Because we know one thing for sure - this situation WILL come up again.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Default Not so fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
It's hard for me to believe that Trump will want to remain on the ticket. Four weeks of being publicly berated, leading up to an assured loss on election day? Seems to me that he won't be able to stand it.

What should Rs do? Invent time travel real quick...

I think leaders in both parties will be looking at their policies regarding candidate replacement. Because we know one thing for sure - this situation WILL come up again.

The absence of robots from the future sent back to change history is a strong indicator that time travel never developed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections