Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 10:49 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,564,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
I too think it's likely there are other tapes. After all, we have Trump on tape admitting--boasting--that he assaulted multiple women and tried to bed a married woman (Nancy O'Dell), whom he later tried to have fired after she refused his advances. Based on his statements, it seems unlikely this was a phase he went through.

Also, I think it's very interesting that Sarah Palin--formerly one of his most vocal supporters--has been strangely silent for months now. Palin loves to be in the media. She had her own cable show for a while. You'd think she would be tweeting or commenting in Trump's defense these past weeks.

Makes you wonder what he might have done to alienate Ms. Palin....

He didn't say "could." He said this:

"I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. I just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

First, kissing someone without their permission or interest is assault. But the next sentence he utters is also telling:

"...Grab them by the p****. You can do anything."

The last verb he used before "grab" is "can"--from the "You can do anything" statement. So he's saying these are things that one as a star can get away with. Now how would one assert that unless he'd done so himself?

Note that when he made his infamous "I could shoot people in the middle of Fifth Avenue" statement, he did say "could," because he was speaking theoretically. But on the bus he said "can." Not may. Not might. Not could. "You CAN do anything" -- as in, groping women in their crotch is behavior he's established for certain that he as a TV star can (and by implication does) get away with.
Good post but you're talking well above the frequency many folks around here can pick up. A little crisp editing goes a long way.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:59 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
I hear people on the street are saying that they saw Bill Cosby & his attorney going into the Trump tower to meet with Donald and advise him.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:05 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
Also, I think it's very interesting that Sarah Palin--formerly one of his most vocal supporters--has been strangely silent for months now. Palin loves to be in the media. She had her own cable show for a while. You'd think she would be tweeting or commenting in Trump's defense these past weeks.

Makes you wonder what he might have done to alienate Ms. Palin....
Trump probably told her to go away. Palin is too old for his taste if you are trying to imply he tried to sleep with her.

Back when Palin vanished the campaign was gaining many endorsements so they probably thought it was better for her to go away. They might call her back. I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up again.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:10 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksarben View Post
i hear people on the street are saying that they saw bill cosby & his attorney going into the trump tower to meet with donald and advise him.
lol

Old 10-08-2016, 11:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Talking There Are More "Trump Tapes" On the Way

This just keeps getting better all the time.

I'm gonna hate to see this campaign end!

Old 10-09-2016, 01:27 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post

"From what I understand" Trump is not running to be the Pope.
But when it was Bill Clinton, every Repugnantcan said "think of the children!"

Old 10-09-2016, 01:32 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Bill Pruitt is a coward, this could have come out a year ago, but no, it comes out exactly now during an avalanace of cowards who are all feeling brave and 'piling on'. None of these people would be the 'only one' but piling on is the cowards way, plenty of cowards out there these days.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Bill Pruitt is a coward, this could have come out a year ago, but no, it comes out exactly now during an avalanace of cowards who are all feeling brave and 'piling on'. None of these people would be the 'only one' but piling on is the cowards way, plenty of cowards out there these days.
And so could have Wikileaks. Welcome to politics.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:42 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
And so could have Wikileaks. Welcome to politics.
what does this have to do with 'piling on'? my point was that this guy comes out now when he had this information years ago, months ago and even days ago, why now? why this exact moment?

Old 10-09-2016, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
what does this have to do with 'piling on'? my point was that this guy comes out now when he had this information years ago, months ago and even days ago, why now? why this exact moment?
Why did Asange drop his stuff at his exact moment? It's no different than what happened to Trump in any way, shape or form. Both are trying to do their damage in the eleventh hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections