Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 03:08 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Trump may attack Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton's enabling of her husband's sexual "abuse" in the Sunday town hall debate.

That debate's ratings likely will go through the roof. Pity NFL Sunday Night football which likely will see its ratings slammed.

Pity America for its candidates for POTUS.

Old 10-09-2016, 04:36 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,178 times
If Trump, Giuliani, Gingrich wives went out and had sex with their drivers, body guards, personal trainers, interns, Im sure they would all pat the other guy on the back and give them a raise. They would utter platitude after platitude of praise and thank the handsome younger men for satisfying the desires of their younger much prettier wives. Think this would be the case ?

Old 10-09-2016, 04:59 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Seems like Billy is getting fired from the today show because of the fallout, so..dont think any "daggers" will be heading Trumps way

Are Billy Bush's days numbered at the 'Today' show? | Fox News
OH... Fox news, bet he's quaking in his boots. Get back with us when the Today Show announces something.

ETA: in the spirit of making other people responsible for their family members' actions... will the other Bush kid who is a 'reporter' on a morning show also get fired for being related?

Last edited by kat in aiken; 10-09-2016 at 05:06 AM.. Reason: add text

Old 10-09-2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
If Trump, Giuliani, Gingrich wives went out and had sex with their drivers, body guards, personal trainers, interns, Im sure they would all pat the other guy on the back and give them a raise. They would utter platitude after platitude of praise and thank the handsome younger men for satisfying the desires of their younger much prettier wives. Think this would be the case ?
On the other hand, trump thinks he is soooo far superior, with all his 'star' power and money, that he feels free to molest, fondle, touch women's... whatever... He's just a nasty, dirty old man who talks and talks and talks, and does stuff that would make most people recoil in disgust. Oh, wait... people are recoiling in disgust.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:55 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Trump isn't the only one likely doing substantial preparation in order to address the Hollywood Access video.

New reports say Billy Bush will keep his "Today" show hosting gig and would explain his involvement in the episode on the program on Monday:

<<NBC executives confirmed to The Wall Street Journal and POLITICO Saturday that Bush was staying where he is, and that he is set to address his role in the scandal on Monday’s show.>>

Billy Bush, declared 'safe' in 'Today' show gig, has a lot of work to do Monday - POLITICO

Old 10-09-2016, 10:41 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
What I don't understand is that bush worked for one of those entertainment tidbit shows back then, and he didn't use the tape. It was gold, a dirty old man bragging about his exploits to a group of younger guys. The show should be suing bush for not using it back then.
I worked as a broadcast technician for many years. Believe me, everyone at the show knew about it. They weren't going to go there & then go up against Trump's lawyers for no apparent reason. However, they archived it. They could have dubbed it off without that portion but they didn't. They kept it intact.

Trump should have known that his mic could be hot at any moment, for the purpose of audio checks & communications with Billy Bush.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I worked as a broadcast technician for many years. Believe me, everyone at the show knew about it. They weren't going to go there & then go up against Trump's lawyers for no apparent reason. However, they archived it. They could have dubbed it off without that portion but they didn't. They kept it intact.

Trump should have known that his mic could be hot at any moment, for the purpose of audio checks & communications with Billy Bush.
That trump should have known goes directly to his lack of concern for the effects of his words and actions. Consider if he were to be involved in delicate negotiations over, oh,... nuclear stuff, or trade stuff, and let loose with some bragging or something about how hot someone's wife is... yeah, he sure as heck should know better, but sadly, he doesn't.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:37 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
That trump should have known goes directly to his lack of concern for the effects of his words and actions. Consider if he were to be involved in delicate negotiations over, oh,... nuclear stuff, or trade stuff, and let loose with some bragging or something about how hot someone's wife is... yeah, he sure as heck should know better, but sadly, he doesn't.
Yup.

Trump was working on The Apprentice. If he didn't know that, at any moment, that mic could be hot, he would qualify as the dumbest man on the face of the earth. If he wasn't working on a television production, the comments would be just as disgusting but he could claim ignorance of the mic being hot. He knew that the mic was probably hot.

I worked as a broadcast tech for 20 years. I was frequently the only female. I ran into 3 pigs like Trump in all of those years. The other guys never hesitated to tell them to shut up, that they were disgusting. Not all men are pigs. Not all men talk like that, especially in a work environment.

Old 10-09-2016, 04:13 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Post the release of Trump sex predator video also featuring now "Today" co-host Billy Bush, and post the Sunday Town Hall debate between Trump and Clinton, it will be interesting to see how Today's co-host Bush handles this controversy, if he's still a co-host come Monday. Bush obviously has remained silent about his personal knowledge of Trump's character, but what will he say now? Will he render a death blow to Trump in order to protect his own career?

<<“Your girl’s hot as s---, in the purple,” says Bush, who’s now a co-host of NBC’s “Today” show.>>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7101&tid=ss_tw

Of course, that comment isn't as extraordinary from a young male as a future Presidential candidate reveling in adultery and abusive behavior.

Billy Bush under fire over vulgar Trump tape - Oct. 7, 2016

NBC must wonder why Bush sat on such an important story, although Bush's own recorded comments provide a likely explanation. Imagine if Bush had obtained this video tape and disclosed the story during the primary campaign.

Also, what are cousins Jeb and George W. Bush thinking about their cousin's silence about Trump's character? It's doubtful that they'll be laughing about it when they next see him.

By sitting on such an important story, Billy Bush has compromised his journalistic credentials and objectivity to the detriment of his viewers and the nation, and likely was severely damaged his career.

The road not taken.

Access Hollywood's Nancy O'Dell also has chosen not to disclose her experiences with Donald Trump.

Donald Trump tried to fire Nancy O

How many dads with daughters, who view their daughters as something more than sexual fodder, will be able to continue to support Trump?

<<In the interview, Chaffetz, the chairman of the House Oversight Committee and one of the most vocal critics of Clinton, said he can no longer support the Republican nominee if he can’t look his 15-year-old daughter in the eye and tell her about Trump’s demeaning comments about women.>>

'I'm out': Rep. Chaffetz withdraws his endorsement of Trump - POLITICO

Sleaze in politics is an important story? Since when? Pardon me while I hurl. Or laugh.

For what it's worth (not much, I concede), Trump apologized. Frankly, I'm not nuts about this cesspool in which we've found ourselves. But anyone who thinks it's the purview of Trump alone, and not Hillary and her orbit, is smoking the wacky weed. I'll take my chances with an American Berlusconi.

And memo to Billy Bush: Chirping that you're "ashamed that you played along" was a real knee-slapper. OWN it, ya little twerp.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:06 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Ahhhh... Billy won't be doing much of anything for awhile:
Billy Bush Suspended by NBC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections