Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2016, 05:51 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,436,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So let's break this down-

1. You are saying that if Bill did it, it's okay for Trump.
2. You are criticizing Bill for it, but not Trump.
3. You are saying that Republicans should be no better than Democrats in demanding a better candidate.
4. There is no actual evidence that Bill ever had anything but consensual sex. If there was, you can believe that there would be equal outrage. Hence, your premise is false from the start.
1 I'm saying that if Democrats didn't care about Bill Clinton they shouldn't care about Donald Trump.

2 I'm criticizing people who are criticizing Trump for things that they said didn't matter when it involved Bill Clinton and if you go back and read what I wrote you'll see that I pretty clearly did in fact insult and criticize Trump,I called Trump an 'obnoxious,boorish jerk' and didn't call Bill or Hillary any names.

3 Like it or not more Republican voters VOTED FOR TRUMP than anyone else in the primaries.If they want a 'better candidate' they need to find one who can win the primaries....that ship has sailed this year.NONE of the other 16 people running for the nomination had a reputation as a playboy...it's a little late to care now.Trump has had a reputation on par with Bill Clintons regarding women for decades so most of the outrage is from people who already didn't like him,NO ONE on the Planet thought Trump was 'mister morality' before this eleven year old tape came out.

4 Bill Clinton payed Paula Jones $850,000.00 to settle a sexual harassment lawsuit.....that qualifies as evidence to me of non-consensual sexual misconduct.There often wouldn't be any 'actual evidence' for a variety of things Bill Clinton is accused of committing by various women that's why so many sex crimes go unpunished,it comes down to a he said/she said with no witnesses or physical evidence.If you believe the alleged victims you feel outrage and if you don't then you don't.People thought Bill Cosby was a good guy too until a huge number of women came out with similar stories.

In Trumps case there is no actual evidence of non-consensual sex either.The woman refered to in the tape hasn't claimed that Trump did anything.His recorded locker room banter could be mostly or totally bs,he claims he tried really hard to get her to have sex and she rebuffed him,she hasn't claimed he did anything and has only said that she is saddened that men still talk like that....so your premise is the false one.

Last edited by imbobbbb; 10-08-2016 at 06:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 06:02 PM

18,032 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Now he loses.
I think you are right. I'm pretty disgusted. I thought we deserved better.

Now the talk of breaking up and disbanding the GOP needs to begin.

I'm going into my cave and hoarding my last dime, see y'all in four.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:22 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,704,369 times
Quote:
It really is like a cult. It's pretty classic stuff, actually. The attempt at equivalency with Bill Clinton would be laughable if they didn't actually believe it. Trump is going to get destroyed in the election, but it's scary to think that these people aren't going to go away. Can't wait to see what they nominate in 2020- I say "what" instead of "who", because Trump can barely be considered a human being.
But he is JUST that...human. People getting all worked up over things quite a large number of human males do is just crazy. I'm not saying what he said wasn't lewd, but men getting on here acting like they have NEVER talked about a woman like that before is hypocritical. And women do the same thing. Hillary's con's far outweigh his.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:27 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Simple Yes or No...has the recent surfacing of the 2005 sex-talk video between Trump and Billy Bush caused you to no longer support Trump for President?

No. Hasn't changed a thing. Anymore than Bill C's dozen of affairs and atrocities towards women changed anything.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:37 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'm just now hearing about this.

What I thought I'd just heard sounds really creepy.

His wife sounds disgusted but forgiving. He sounds like he's admitting to this and is asking for forgiveness.

What the F is going on here?

Where does it stop with this guy.

Please, fellow Trump supporters, tell me when does this guy stop the bleeding, and lay all comments about the media aside.

Could he really be this stupid or is this utter sabotage?

I wouldn't vote for Hillary Clinton if you stuck an ak-47 on my eye. But how in the world does this guy expect to get this done?

I am not at all forgiving of any kind of sexual creepiness, for anybody, family member, etc. Nobody, and I mean nobody gets a pass for that.

This going to really suck. He should quit and who knows what after that.

WHAT. HAPPENS. NOW?
The only other people who ever talked that way would be almost every man and woman in America, you you better get busy forgiving... It's locker room talk, everyone does it, men and women alike...
Anyone who says they haven't been involved in those conversations are liars...

Old 10-08-2016, 06:41 PM

17,431 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Small businesses don't employ the most people, corporations do, and they largely pocket tax breaks rather than hiring more people.
Now I know you're just trolling this thread.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:42 PM

18,032 posts, read 27,479,203 times
He's done, he's finished he's toast, and you now owe one thing to Donald Trump.

It's because of him and his wonderful campaign that you and I will be learning to utter a new phrase... Congratulations Mrs. President.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:46 PM

211 posts, read 302,059 times
Quote:
Small businesses don't employ the most people, corporations do, and they largely pocket tax breaks rather than hiring more people.
True. But to be more specific, corporate profits go into dividends that are reinvested. This DOES create jobs, but only when invested in fast growing markets, which happen to be in developing countries. Tax cuts in the US effectively create jobs overseas. These overseas jobs then create the ecosystem that helps US companies shrink their operations in the US and expand abroad. The lower cost of manufacturing allows them to sell in local markets more competitively. These profits cannot be brought back easily because of the high taxation. But there is no need to bring this money back to the US as they can still be invested globally, often in the same markets where they were generated. In the very long run, however, globalization is good because it will allow foreign markets to be able to consume American goods. But only as long as America manufactures for the future (since the past and present are served by low cost markets). That is why Obama is absolutely right (whether he means it or not) when he talks about creating jobs of tomorrow. Space tech, renewable energy, AI, etc., are areas where the US should focus - not internal combustion engines or heavy equipment manufacturing.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:52 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
My answer to the question in the thread is NO.

Interestingly, liberals believe all Trump supporters are of below average intelligence, yet they themselves lack basic reading comprehension when it comes to the title of this thread.
Per the bolded --- Bingo! We have a winner! I was going to write something similar but you beat me to it

They suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome and just can't help themselves. It's sad what TDS does to a person

Old 10-08-2016, 06:54 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,454,429 times
Hey - If Pence decides he doesn't want to share the ticket with T-rump maybe they can ask Bill Cosby

T-rump/Cosby 2016.

Birds of a feather....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections