Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 06:00 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,642,806 times

Advertisements

I love how the Media wants to tell me how to think. Who won the debate? Well I'm not sure, let's see what ______ << news channel tells me.

I only saw the last half of the debate actually. What I personally found sad was how much the two got personal.

Why not focus on the issues, your plan, and why it will work/why their plan won't work? Isn't that the benchmark of an adult conversation, let alone a job interview.

Why wouldn't we expect it from people applying for supposedly the most important position in America.

The whole thing really disgusts me to the core. Trump did the most of the generalized insults.

All of this or all of that is her fault? Come on man American's aren't that stupid.

They talk to us like we're dumb. This isn't a WWF competition. Yet this is the best we could come up with.

I'm voting for Trump not for the Man, but based on many of the conservative ideologies which I believe define this nation's roots and supreme court justice.

The bottom line is 20 Trillion dollars in debt with America currently sitting high on a service-based, consumer-based economy living off the strength of our Fiat currency. We have resources in America which is a source for wealth. Our priority shouldn't be building another bathroom so transgendered people don't feel offended and discriminated against.

We have land where I have 2 friends personally that are set up as successful organic farmers through ambition. They're doing what they love and are supporting a family, a concept this nation has forgotten about which is essential for our survival.

Why buy produce at Walmart with foodstamps when you can buy Organic, homegrown food at a farmer's market with your own successful company. << THIS is what America is all about.

Not waiting in line at Walmart to use the automatic checkout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 06:01 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,869,746 times
You see it as spineless, the rest of us see it as them having a conscience and integrity. Like the one Governor said , he has daughters and how could he look them in the eye and say he approved of statements like Trump made ? Some of us will still do the right thing, even if it has risks and consequences.

I have not always been quiet about my feelings regarding Republicans, but I certainly respect those (many) men and women who stood up and said enough is enough. Everything has a breaking point and , for many, that was the one.

Don

Last edited by don1945; 10-10-2016 at 06:10 AM..

Old 10-10-2016, 06:02 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,697,058 times
How many American Voters are really "Undecided" voters ? How many will make up their mind only after seeing the performance of the candidates in the debate ?
Barring the elite or political bigwigs, I dont think that there are many people who will change their stance. They have already made up their mind. Mr Trump is going to win.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:05 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,873,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's troubling he'd threaten to use his presidential power to get revenge on his political opponents. I don't think that has ever happened before in US.
The most troubling part about Trump is that so many people are buying into his nonsense.

For example, despite bragging that he knows more about ISIS than the generals and he has a secret plan to get rid of ISIS, last night he displayed a discouraging lack of basic information.

It's almost unbelievable that someone who has been getting regular security briefings and is running for president would not know what Aleppo is about or that Mosul wasn't in Syria.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:06 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,420,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's troubling he'd threaten to use his presidential power to get revenge on his political opponents. I don't think that has ever happened before in US.
Presidents have used the IRS for many decades to get revenge on their political opponents.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:08 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
Hillary is probably well aware of what else will be exposed on the "Trump Dump". Why engage in a pointless TV fight? The media will report extensively on them as they come out. Trump certainly didn't win, Hillary simply gave him a length of rope.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:10 AM

15,875 posts, read 21,466,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
It was disgraceful how Cooper and the female moderator attacked Trump. Just another reason I'm voting for Trump.
Yes, I always feel attacked when I'm forced to follow directions and answer questions.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:11 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,877,477 times
Looks like the Peso went down vs the dollar... that means Trump won...

Old 10-10-2016, 06:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Presidents have used the IRS for many decades to get revenge on their political opponents.
What Trump threatened Hillary with has never been seen in US politics. Not even close.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:14 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,729,507 times
The mask came off........An open mike would sure have been interesting in her car, afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections