Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 04:11 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,289,558 times

Advertisements

I have a better idea. Just have one stationary microphone. Each candidate has to step up to the microphone to speak. As soon as the question is asked, start a huge pendulum swinging back and forth over the microphone that gets lower with each swing until it reaches the height of the speaker's head when the allotted time is up. The candidate will either step away from the microphone or die. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

19,838 posts, read 9,402,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
If anyone claims their mind was changed, they're lying, especially those posing as independents who are suddenly voting for the woman who defended the rapist of a 12 year old and laughed about it. The woman who claims she is for women who've been assaulted, unless, of course, they were assaulted by Bill Clinton. The woman who sold influence as a senator and secretary of state to foreign countries.

Please, take it somewhere else.
Re: your comment about lying --

Must be nice to be able to read the minds of others. Have you never had your mind changed after gaining new or additional information?

(Btw, the infamous recent Trump video had no bearing on my opinion of him. I have known he was a sleaze for years, ever since the one time I watched "The Apprentice". His performance during his campaign just confirmed what I already knew. And as far as Hillary is concerned, yes, I knew she was a lying phony and hypocrite before the debate, too, but her demeanor last night just solidified the feeling I had that she considers herself to be superior to everyone who does not think as she does about various issues into a firm belief.)

Johnson might not be perfect and he is certainly not as knowledgeable as Hillary, but I don't think he is nearly as bad a person as I think the the leading candidates are. (Of course, I could be wrong about that, but we all know that Gary Johnson won't be elected.)

4,666 posts, read 5,099,670 times
No, but it was a 3 on 1...

Apparently the moderators making sure he stayed on track when he began one of his insane tirades means they're against him...

Old 10-10-2016, 04:13 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,554,410 times
Clinton is a psychopath. Were she to win the election, she will not be able to govern.

An amicable split of the country is preferable to civil war.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:15 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,477,878 times
If viewers preferred being informed to being entertained then yeah, one or more of these steps would be taken.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:16 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,873,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
No, but it was a 3 on 1...

Apparently the moderators making sure he stayed on track when he began one of his insane tirades means they're against him...
Of course they are against him. Everyone knows that we need to let "Trump be Trump" and deliver his rambling rants sans interruption.

Also, we are not supposed to believe what he says, because they're "just words."

By the way, Kellyanne claimed that his vow to put Clinton in jail was just a "quip."

In what universe does of any of this nonsense work?

I want to move there.

9,725 posts, read 15,183,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I think he has a point. Every time he speaks into a mike crap comes out of it.
LOL! It can't possibly be his words! Must be the mic's fault!

25,982 posts, read 22,169,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
<snort>... <snort>... <snort>... it was like "Luke, I am your father" with trump. Deja vu all over again. What kind of medication was he on to keep him relatively calm for the debate last night? Has he tweeted that it was rigged yet? Has anyone come up with a video of someone skulking in the background yet?
Trump was ready for them this time. It was a slam dunk for Trump! It is just ALL GOOD!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ates/91349488/ The commission said that there were auditory problems with the system as Trump suspected.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:20 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,873,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
They should switch the microphone off when time is over.
This is the ticket.

Your mic is on during your turn to speak. And off when it isn't.

A yellow light goes on when you have 30 seconds. A red one when you have 15 seconds. Mic goes off at the allotted time.

If you wander into another topic, your mic goes off at 1 minute. Moderator asks if you want to answer the question. If not, we move on.

This nonsense last night was not a debate by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:21 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,351,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I read some fact check answers and I knew the full story and they post a lie as well. A bunch of garbage.
Just like Trump, everybody is a liar except those who agree with you.
You know only what you can agree with, not what is factual.

Last edited by plannine; 10-10-2016 at 04:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections