Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump's lewd comments change how you'll vote
Yes 43 25.90%
No 121 72.89%
Don't know / Haven't decided 2 1.20%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 04:43 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,605,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Nobody 2016.

Leadership you can trust.
Sorry, but that's not an option !

We WILL have a new President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 04:45 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,874,491 times
Today, at work, a customer I am friendly with said to me "Boy, Trump really got himself in a mess this time, didn't he ?" I agreed and said "I thought you were a Trump supporter." He said "No way, he is an idiot and an ***hole, no way I would support him !"

After some conversation about the video, I said "So you will be voting for Hillary then?" and he said " NO ! I do not like Hillary, and would never vote for her." When I asked him who he was going to vote for then, he said "I guess Trump !" I asked why, if he thinks Trump is so bad he will vote for him, his only response was "I just do not like Hillary !"

Here he is, admitting Trump is a lowlife jerk, and yet he is going to vote for him ! I really do not understand this election at all.

Don

Old 10-09-2016, 04:48 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,984,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Today, at work, a customer I am friendly with said to me "Boy, Trump really got himself in a mess this time, didn't he ?" I agreed and said "I thought you were a Trump supporter." He said "No way, he is an idiot and an ***hole, no way I would support him !"

After some conversation about the video, I said "So you will be voting for Hillary then?" and he said " NO ! I do not like Hillary, and would never vote for her." When I asked him who he was going to vote for then, he said "I guess Trump !" I asked why, if he thinks Trump is so bad he will vote for him, his only response was "I just do not like Hillary !"

Here he is, admitting Trump is a lowlife jerk, and yet he is going to vote for him ! I really do not understand this election at all.

Don
Because he is voting against Hillary just like many of us are voting against Trump. He probably won't change his vote even if Trump kills 5 kittens, 10 puppies and 15 people on 5th avenue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

But what I do care about is how many people have come out of the woodwork defending comments and behavior like this.
Not just here but on FB, etc. It's sickening.

It's one thing to say, "Yeah, he said it, it was disgusting and lame, but I still prefer him to be president over whasserface."
It's another to act like he didn't do anything wrong. That's just plain disturbing.

People are surprised by how Trump supporters defend such despicable behavior. That's how politics works. Once you belong to a party or group you will see the competition as "the others", as the enemy. They will start labeling the others "phony liberals" or "conservative nutjobs" "thugs" "racists". That's how many states get away with torture, abuse of human rights and even in some cases genocide.

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 10-09-2016 at 04:56 PM..

Old 10-09-2016, 05:00 PM

1,229 posts, read 860,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
As I'm sure anyone not in a coma knows by now, The Donald was caught on a tape (not knowing the mic was hot), making lewd comments about committing assaultive behavior on various women. This has now blown up into a huge controversy.

So the question is, will this change your mind on how'll you'll vote in the general election?
I didn't care when Clinton was messing around and screwing tons of women and I could give two chits that Trump was trash-talking and bragging amongst 7 guys about women.

I mentioned in another post that Karma is a BS fairy tale......

Chivalry is a bunch BS too -- and I refuse to get caught up in it and have phony mainstream BS projected into my evaluation process.

I'm voting for the anti-globalist candidate in this election. Period.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:11 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,178,297 times
Yes, it is the sour cherry topping on his curdled milk sundae.

It shows just how rotten a human being he is and that he shouldn't have any responsibility and authority over anyone - but then we already knew this.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:14 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,980,361 times
I care about what Trump said - inexcusable but not all that uncommon unfortunately - but it won't change my vote. We really only have 2 candidates to vote for and it would take a lot more than this to move me to Hillary who is much worse in my opinion.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:25 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,699,179 times
Everyone screws up. Trump did it thinking he was in a private conversation. How many times have you said something in confidence that would be considered at least controversial?
It is very clear this tape was a trap set up well in advance. There may me more. The elitist want Clinton and will stop at nothing to get her elected. If she is elected Americans will have hell to pay for their mistake.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:26 PM

35,146 posts, read 17,102,781 times
I voted "no" because I was never planning on voting for Trump.

Someone's comments in 2005 are ancient history. But when the comments and conduct have poured forth, like a mighty stream, almost nonstop since then, that indicates that his repentance is phony. He crudely lambasted Megyn Kelly for her menstrual cycle during the first debate. Thereafter he continued attacks on the disabled, people of different races and nationalities, and of course genders. He's sorry it's ruining his campaign. Not sorry that he caused grievous injury to many people.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:49 PM

1,229 posts, read 860,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Everyone screws up. Trump did it thinking he was in a private conversation. How many times have you said something in confidence that would be considered at least controversial?
It is very clear this tape was a trap set up well in advance. There may me more. The elitist want Clinton and will stop at nothing to get her elected. If she is elected Americans will have hell to pay for their mistake.

You nailed it - great post.

For the reasons you've stated above - is why my primary goal in life, above all, has been to attain the type of financial independence where you can speak your
mind about anything, anywhere, and never be harmed.

Nowadays, there's always someone lurking in the shadows with a recording device - but if you don't have to worry about a job or your business or some kind of political or society-projected ethical position - the feeling of freedom and your hands always remaining untied is just beautiful.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:53 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,874,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post

Uh, this was 11 years ago, when Trump was not a candidate or even thinking of running. So why would anyone be setting him up ? It was simply him having a live mike and not realizing he was broadcasting.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections