U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-11-2016, 08:32 PM
 
33,613 posts, read 53,503,574 times
Reputation: 20243

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
You cheered on as Gore attempted to steal the 2000 election, didn't you? And now, since then, you claim that SCOTUS "selected" Bush in 2000, don't you?
Obama had the grace but poor sense NOT to go after Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and others in his cadre like Alberto Gonzales and charge them with facilitating war crimes...
They were guilty as hell...and should have been charged...but with all the other damage control that was required because of the failures in the Bush presidency, I guess he felt that unprecedented action would really tear America apart...
But those crooks and clowns escaped by the hairs on their chinny-chin-chins...
All you alt right conservatives should bless Obama every night for that blessing...
Rate this post positively

 
Old 10-11-2016, 08:49 PM
 
79,708 posts, read 40,098,338 times
Reputation: 16567
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Obama had the grace but poor sense NOT to go after Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and others in his cadre like Alberto Gonzales and charge them with facilitating war crimes...
They were guilty as hell...and should have been charged...but with all the other damage control that was required because of the failures in the Bush presidency, I guess he felt that unprecedented action would really tear America apart...
But those crooks and clowns escaped by the hairs on their chinny-chin-chins...
All you alt right conservatives should bless Obama every night for that blessing...
They should have been charged but the reason Obama didn't was because he knew it would open him up to the same charges after he left.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-11-2016, 09:07 PM
 
Location: annandale, va & slidell, la
9,267 posts, read 4,430,642 times
Reputation: 8455
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Folks, there is a reason why Presidents do not get to order special prosecutions in this country: it's because that is exactly what dictators do in places like the Congo or North Korea. This is America, where we have things like separation of powers and due process; where we don't give political winners the power to jail their rivals.

Never in the history of American Presidential politics have we ever had a candidate go into this kind of chilling territory. But then again, a lot of very negative records are being broken by Trump as of late.

Look, the Hillary email thing has been through like a year+ of investigation. FBI digging through it. Attorney General digging through it. Everything that could be scrutinized has been scrutinized. The evidence was looked at by independent entities in accordance with due process. Hillary handled her emails dismally and recklessly, and it calls her judgment into question. But nothing that can warrant the burden of criminal culpability has come of it. You can argue otherwise, but you're just letting your partisan zeal mask conjecture for fact.

For Trump to suggest now that he would convene a forum to reverse the process that's been carried out and jail Clinton is illegal and recklessly anti-Constitutional. Do people even understand what a massively dangerous precedent this sets?

And make no mistake: if you argue in support of this kind of behavior by a leader of ANY political persuasion and can't see you way through your partisan haze to recognize how dangerous this is, then you're anti-American. You're anti-Constitution. And you're not worthy of the heritage of this nation. End of story.
Your incredulity is misdirected. This administration has been corrupt since the beginning. Years of ignoring the Constitution and questionable Executive Orders. The FBI was hamstrung by the AG. Scandal after scandal.

The whole Clinton era stinks, and the media was the enabler. Never has there been such a media bias.
There has to be a penalty for what Clinton did.

If the proper government processes don't work, the citizenry will do it for them. That's when it will get interesting.
Know what I mean?

You apparently can't comprehend the damage Obama and Clinton has inflicted on America, or what's ahead for our Country. Don't talk to us about who's anti-American.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-11-2016, 09:59 PM
 
33,613 posts, read 53,503,574 times
Reputation: 20243
That is borderline treasonous to suggest revolution by any means but ballot box--
"Know what I mean"???
but totally predictable for your group...
That's why logical, prudent 2nd Amendment legislation scares you into even more reactionary behavior/threats...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-11-2016, 10:02 PM
 
33,613 posts, read 53,503,574 times
Reputation: 20243
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They should have been charged but the reason Obama didn't was because he knew it would open him up to the same charges after he left.
His sanctioning and egregious use of drone strikes is what would get him charged...

the torture I think he realized from beginning was not really a beneficial tool...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-11-2016, 10:42 PM
 
69,364 posts, read 60,448,911 times
Reputation: 9375
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
That's why Trump loves Putin's style
And note this is from FoxNews
Controversial Russian cartoons show Putin's enemies violently killed | Fox News
Oh just stop. This stuff is childish.. Claiming Trump would just "kill" people.

No more than Obama has.. the left celebrated his murdering a pirate earlier in his tenure as a sign of fantastic leadership..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-11-2016, 11:07 PM
 
Location: West Texas
2,366 posts, read 1,484,697 times
Reputation: 2558
Obama directs the DOJ not to prosecute criminal Clinton for political reasons and not a peep fron the OP?

Stupid thread.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-12-2016, 05:35 PM
 
Location: annandale, va & slidell, la
9,267 posts, read 4,430,642 times
Reputation: 8455
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
That is borderline treasonous to suggest revolution by any means but ballot box--
"Know what I mean"???
but totally predictable for your group...
That's why logical, prudent 2nd Amendment legislation scares you into even more reactionary behavior/threats...
You think so? Keep subverting the Constitution and you may experience the thinking behind the Second Amendment.
Know what I mean?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 12-01-2016, 08:47 AM
 
Location: San Diego
230 posts, read 151,342 times
Reputation: 329
when Attorney General Lynch meets with the husband of the investigated (Hillary) on an airplane, there's a good indication that there is something corrupt going on the Department of Justice. Hard not to agree. That being the case, we can imagine that there is corruption going on with the FBI. Which in turn would mean that Hillary's investigation was tainted. Are you telling me that it's ok for the maid to be printing off classified documents at Hillary's or Huma request? So yes, I am for furthering the investigation. I'm even more in favor of the investigation on the Clinton Foundation. I'm interested in knowing where the missing $6 billion went while Hillary was Secretary of State and how it involved the Clinton Foundation. I also want the FBI investigating the pedophile ring. And if it's true, I want them all locked up for abusing children. On 60 MInutes Trump said he wasn't going after Hillary. However, he didn't say the new Attorney General wouldn't!!
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:10 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top