U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 06:49 AM

1,050 posts, read 630,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Only in a 3rd world banana republic does that happen. But that doesn't matter to Trump. He'd just love to waste millions more of our tax dollars on more partisan investigations.
If there had been an investigation, all the key witnesses wouldn't have been granted immunity and pleaded the fifth
Rate this post positively

Old 10-10-2016, 06:52 AM

6,566 posts, read 16,609,637 times
Thank you, Don, for your voice of sanity. I think God for our Constitution and the way our forefathers set it up so that no one branch would have unchecked power. I don't know why Trump is automatically assuming he can just ignore a document that has governed our nation successfully for so long. Oh, wait - hmm, no experience in politics maybe?

Old 10-10-2016, 06:53 AM

1,050 posts, read 630,995 times
All the key witnesses were granted immunity and pleaded the fifth, there was no investigation

Old 10-10-2016, 06:55 AM

19,721 posts, read 14,611,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There are people in jail and kicked out of Service for LESS than what Hillary has done with Classified emails.

Great. Give us some names, please.

Don

Old 10-10-2016, 07:00 AM

2,773 posts, read 1,373,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
When he says really dumb stuff like "On day one half the illegals will be gone (I paraphrase slightly)" it shows how out of touch he really is and how little he knows about American laws and process. He does not get to just wave his magic wand and hundreds of his minions jump up and bow down to the chief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I th[a]nk God for our Constitution and the way our forefathers set it up so that no one branch would have unchecked power. I don't know why Trump is automatically assuming he can just ignore a document that has governed our nation successfully for so long. Oh, wait - hmm, no experience in politics maybe?

The irony is strong with you Trump haters.

The ignorance, too.

If Trump is elected, he will be POTUS.

As POTUS, he will be the head of the Executive branch of the US Government.

Article II Section 1 of the US Constitution states, The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America... Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.".

Article I Section 1 of the US Constitution states, All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States...

Congress has already legislated that foreign nationals cannot enter the US illegally, and Congress has passed into law provisions for enforcement of the immigration laws.

0bama has refused to faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States with respect to enforcement of the US immigration laws currently in place.

Trump as POTUS would not have a magic wand. He would, however, have the power, as granted by the Constitution, and the duty, to enforce legislation already in effect.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:03 AM

69,364 posts, read 60,368,136 times
Quote:

Don
Martha Stewart went to jail for far less....

Old 10-10-2016, 07:06 AM

19,721 posts, read 14,611,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Martha Stewart went to jail for far less....

Well, that is Martha Stewart. She is just annoying.

Don

Old 10-10-2016, 07:08 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,471,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
He said he would order his AG to conduct a special prosecution - that IN ITSELF is highly un-Constitutional and exceedingly dangerous. Particularly in light of the fact that due process has already been followed in this case and the result has been announced.

It's a good comeback if you either know nothing about our form of government or are an aspiring dictator.
I also caught the possessive "MY ATTORNEY GENERAL"

Trump said it like he has the power to decide which cases an Attorney General decides to prosecute.

It was like Trump was saying that an AG was someone he kept in his pocket to do his bidding.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:10 AM

38,692 posts, read 43,554,373 times
Quote:
How about these 10.

10 Times People Were Punished For FAR Less Than What Hillary Clinton Did

Quote:
Marine Corps. Major Caught Sending Classified Documents to Superiors Using Personal Email: Maj. Jason Brezler was dismissed from the Marine Corps when he “accidentally took home 14 documents on his personal computer, some of which were classified.” According to the report, Brezler was “in a graduate school class when he received an urgent email from military officials in Afghanistan and sent a specific document in response, using his personal email account.”

Old 10-10-2016, 07:13 AM

69,364 posts, read 60,368,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
I also caught the possessive "MY ATTORNEY GENERAL"

Trump said it like he has the power to decide which cases an Attorney General decides to prosecute.

It was like Trump was saying that an AG was someone he kept in his pocket to do his bidding.
It was obama who said they had discretion on what laws they can prosecute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.