U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-10-2016, 07:47 AM
 
69,364 posts, read 60,467,527 times
Reputation: 9375

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We would see the American version of "Night of The Long Knives" soon after Trump is sworn in.

For those of you who don't know, in Germany it was the night when Hitler purged his political opponents.
Most of what Hitler did, was completely legal under German law, note the Obama/Clinton administrations argument in regards to their actions.

"it was a bad choice, but legal".

Spare us the "Hitler" comparisons because I cant take you seriously anymore..
Rate this post positively

 
Old 10-10-2016, 07:57 AM
 
11,111 posts, read 5,914,199 times
Reputation: 4552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He did say that. He threatened to appoint a special prosecutor to go after her, and then he continued by saying she'd be in jail if he was president.

This is crazy talk, and it is seen only in dictatorships.
You're crazy talking. He never said what you claim he said. We should have had a special prosecutor to Avoid political interference and decisions. Trump would do what Obama should have done.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:01 AM
 
34,305 posts, read 13,679,067 times
Reputation: 13029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Folks, there is a reason why Presidents do not get to order special prosecutions in this country: it's because that is exactly what dictators do in places like the Congo or North Korea. This is America, where we have things like separation of powers and due process; where we don't give political winners the power to jail their rivals.

Never in the history of American Presidential politics have we ever had a candidate go into this kind of chilling territory. But then again, a lot of very negative records are being broken by Trump as of late.

Look, the Hillary email thing has been through like a year+ of investigation. FBI digging through it. Attorney General digging through it. Everything that could be scrutinized has been scrutinized. The evidence was looked at by independent entities in accordance with due process. Hillary handled her emails dismally and recklessly, and it calls her judgment into question. But nothing that can warrant the burden of criminal culpability has come of it. You can argue otherwise, but you're just letting your partisan zeal mask conjecture for fact.

For Trump to suggest now that he would convene a forum to reverse the process that's been carried out and jail Clinton is illegal and recklessly anti-Constitutional. Do people even understand what a massively dangerous precedent this sets?

And make no mistake: if you argue in support of this kind of behavior by a leader of ANY political persuasion and can't see you way through your partisan haze to recognize how dangerous this is, then you're anti-American. You're anti-Constitution. And you're not worthy of the heritage of this nation. End of story.
Crooked Hillary is the one trying her best to turn the country into a banana republic by corrupting government.

Typical democrat thinking. Agree with them or your anti-American. Why stop there ? Don't leave out Deplorable and unredeemable. Its the new badge of courage.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:07 AM
 
69,364 posts, read 60,467,527 times
Reputation: 9375
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Folks, there is a reason why Presidents do not get to order special prosecutions in this country:
Um, President Nixon, in 1973,, ordered a special prosecutor, Archibald Cox, to investigate the Watergate scandal.

civics FAIL!!!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:11 AM
 
Location: Florida
73,512 posts, read 41,649,726 times
Reputation: 13602
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Most of what Hitler did, was completely legal under German law, note the Obama/Clinton administrations argument in regards to their actions. ..
No, murdering his political opponents was not legal.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:13 AM
 
Location: Florida
73,512 posts, read 41,649,726 times
Reputation: 13602
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're crazy talking. He never said what you claim he said.
He said he would appoint a special prosecutor to go after Hillary if he became a president. Get used to it.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:14 AM
 
69,364 posts, read 60,467,527 times
Reputation: 9375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, murdering his political opponents was not legal.
Neither was deleting emails after a subpoena was issued requesting them.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:15 AM
 
69,364 posts, read 60,467,527 times
Reputation: 9375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He said he would appoint a special prosecutor to go after Hillary if he became a president. Get used to it.
How is that any different than Democrats using the IRS to go after conservative groups while you then justified it?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Salisbury,NC
15,271 posts, read 6,720,953 times
Reputation: 7187
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, President Nixon, in 1973,, ordered a special prosecutor, Archibald Cox, to investigate the Watergate scandal.

civics FAIL!!!
No Nixon ordered the firing of the Special Prosecutor which led to 2 people in the cabinet resigning. It also forced the House to start Impeachment. Remember Nixon tried to kill democracy.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:21 AM
 
3,298 posts, read 2,215,699 times
Reputation: 5514
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, President Nixon, in 1973,, ordered a special prosecutor, Archibald Cox, to investigate the Watergate scandal.

civics FAIL!!!
History fail.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:35 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top