U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Gods country
7,456 posts, read 5,600,427 times
Reputation: 9614

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I'm guessing you were asleep during the entire political trial of George Zimmerman?
And the sham trials of cops in Baltimore who were charged with murder in the Freddie Gray case.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:29 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,758 posts, read 8,903,121 times
Reputation: 13123
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you admit the OP was wrong about Clinton having due process already, but decided to argue with ME anyways? bahahaha..

Or are you conceding there was evidence of a crime but the Obama administration covered it up?
I was responding to a ridiculous post asserting that if there is an investigation there SHOULD be a prosecution. That is what you claimed.

The post I responded to seems to indicate that the poster feels if there is an investigation into a crime, but no evidence of a crime can be found, the person being investigated should STILL be prosecuted.

Explain that logic if you can.

Just so we are clear about the post I responded to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest

Proof you dont know what you are talking about.. "Due process" involves a prosecution. Clinton was not prosecuted,
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Florida
73,512 posts, read 41,566,915 times
Reputation: 13602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I was responding to a ridiculous post asserting that if there is an investigation there SHOULD be a prosecution. That is what you claimed.

The post I responded to seems to indicate that the poster feels if there is an investigation into a crime, but no evidence of a crime can be found, the person being investigated should STILL be prosecuted.

Explain that logic if you can.

Just so we are clear about the post I responded to:
Sounds like some people want to prosecute just for the sake of doing it, crime, or no crime.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:35 AM
 
69,364 posts, read 60,412,463 times
Reputation: 9375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
History fail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
No Nixon ordered the firing of the Special Prosecutor which led to 2 people in the cabinet resigning. It also forced the House to start Impeachment. Remember Nixon tried to kill democracy.
Summary of U.S. Special Prosecutor Rules

The first U.S. special prosecutor, Archibald Cox, was appointed by President Nixon in 1973 to investigate the Watergate scandal.

Try again...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:36 AM
 
69,364 posts, read 60,412,463 times
Reputation: 9375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I was responding to a ridiculous post asserting that if there is an investigation there SHOULD be a prosecution. That is what you claimed.
I stopped here because that wasnt at all what I claimed..

Comprehension is difficult for Democrats..

Due process is a CRIMINAL process, which doesnt at ALL have to do with an investigation. Clinton NEVER had due process because she was NOT charged with anything.

Learn what the hell you are talking about... Just like the OP needs to do..

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...process+of+law
A fundamental, constitutional guarantee that all legal proceedings will be fair and that one will be given notice of the proceedings and an opportunity to be heard before the government acts to take away one's life, liberty, or property. Also, a constitutional guarantee that a law shall not be unreasonable, Arbitrary, or capricious.

An investigation is NOT a legal proceedings.. Clinton has not been denied life, liberty, nor property without process.. nor was there any attempt to do so.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:37 AM
 
5,439 posts, read 5,390,562 times
Reputation: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
How Stalin-esque of Trump.

I doubt Trump supporters would care. Constitution be damned so as long as those 'commie liberals' get theirs.
you liberals are now concerned about the constitution; that's funny.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:40 AM
 
Location: NY, NY
1,219 posts, read 1,631,586 times
Reputation: 1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There are people in jail and kicked out of Service for LESS than what Hillary has done with Classified emails.
There are people in jail for sexually assaulting women for less than what Trump did to God knows how many poor women.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:40 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,758 posts, read 8,903,121 times
Reputation: 13123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're crazy talking. He never said what you claim he said. We should have had a special prosecutor to Avoid political interference and decisions. Trump would do what Obama should have done.
“I hate to say it, but if I win I’m going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation,” Trump said. “Because there have never been so many lies, so much deception.”

Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:47 AM
 
69,364 posts, read 60,412,463 times
Reputation: 9375
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
There are people in jail for sexually assaulting women for less than what Trump did to God knows how many poor women.
And when an accusation comes out that turns out to be true, he's put on trial and found guilty, I'll be the first one to suggest he goes to jail for it.. The EXACT same process that should follow for Clinton..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-10-2016, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Free From The Oppressive State
27,413 posts, read 20,543,130 times
Reputation: 32753
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Folks, there is a reason why Presidents do not get to order special prosecutions in this country: it's because that is exactly what dictators do in places like the Congo or North Korea. This is America, where we have things like separation of powers and due process; where we don't give political winners the power to jail their rivals.

Never in the history of American Presidential politics have we ever had a candidate go into this kind of chilling territory. But then again, a lot of very negative records are being broken by Trump as of late.

Look, the Hillary email thing has been through like a year+ of investigation. FBI digging through it. Attorney General digging through it. Everything that could be scrutinized has been scrutinized. The evidence was looked at by independent entities in accordance with due process. Hillary handled her emails dismally and recklessly, and it calls her judgment into question. But nothing that can warrant the burden of criminal culpability has come of it. You can argue otherwise, but you're just letting your partisan zeal mask conjecture for fact.

For Trump to suggest now that he would convene a forum to reverse the process that's been carried out and jail Clinton is illegal and recklessly anti-Constitutional. Do people even understand what a massively dangerous precedent this sets?

And make no mistake: if you argue in support of this kind of behavior by a leader of ANY political persuasion and can't see you way through your partisan haze to recognize how dangerous this is, then you're anti-American. You're anti-Constitution. And you're not worthy of the heritage of this nation. End of story.



Are you working on your creative writing essay?

Trump did not "suggest" that he would "convene a forum to reverse the process that's been carried out and jail Clinton".

The only thing reckless around here is the liberals trying to spin that almight jab that Trump got on Clinton. She got BURNED and the liberals are mightily butthurt over that. No one is buying the horse manure, deal with it. He took her down more than a notch, he buried her with that come back.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top