Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 10:57 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Trump promised us he'd go away never to be heard from again if he loses.

I hope he keeps his promise.
I wouldn't hold my breath!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 02:08 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,193,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Paul Ryan reminds me of a little girl, petulant spoiled and "right" for all the wrong reasons. He can't seem to ever exactly get it together. By invoking his right to disagree he has damaged Trump which ultimately is his to do but shows his own cavernous issue with authority...again.
If anyone has utterly failed and wasted the chance to earn the privilege of being an authority, it is Donald Trump. Has not ever governed in any capacity for a single day and despite all efforts to get him to focus on issues, Donald goes off on Alicia Machado via 3 AM Twitter rant; now he wants to prosecute and jail Clinton after a proceeding and determination has already been made by the FBI director. He has chosen this vendetta as his number #1 goal now if elected. His temperament is not even suited to lead at a lower level of government...mayor, city council, etc...let alone for the Presidency. He is clearly not disciplined.

Donald Trump is the petulant child that has created the divide in the Republican Party. Many people were in disbelief after some of those GOP primary debates. They consisted of name calling mainly by Trump. There was a mature and responsible leader who wanted to focus on the issues named John Kasich, but the primary voters went the silly reality show route instead of considering it a serious process to choose our nation's next leader. The GOP primary voters have to accept some blame for this. Think there are many that will now admit voting for him was a serious mistake, but too many still support him. Not enough to win the election fortunately.

Paul Ryan and other Republicans had no other choice. The Friday tape was the last straw for many. Someone that acts like a 14 year old and often insults respectable Americans is neither disciplined or strong. Clinton messed up once with her "deplorables" comment. For Trump, it is a consistent habit. Consistent lack of discipline.

Trump damaged Trump.

Agree to disagree.

Last edited by chessgeek; 10-11-2016 at 02:18 PM..

Old 10-11-2016, 02:17 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Get a Grip Ryan. Trump don't need you.. You were never for Trump .. We Are The Smart People ,we are not the special interests, not money, not the brainwashed , but people who actually look at the policies that are destroying this nation and support Trump because his policies line up with Americans who love this country.

We stand for freedom of the people. We are not dictated to by the media.. We still have a brain left to think for ourselves. We look at cause and effect for our country. We want the best for all Americans. We want safety for our children. We want prosperity for all races , creeds , all Americans.

We want a government free of corruption, free of special interests, free of elites taking jobs from us. Free of bad schools, government intrusion, free of regulations, free of red tape. We want power to the states to run their state without the federal government dictating to each state. We want the Constitution followed. The second amendment upheld, and jobs for Americans first.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:18 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
If anyone has utterly failed and wasted the chance to earn the privilege of being an authority, it is Donald Trump. Has not ever governed in any capacity for a single day and despite all efforts to get him to focus on issues, Donald goes off on Alicia Machado via 3 AM Twitter rant; now he wants to prosecute and jail Clinton after a proceeding and determination has already been made by the FBI director. He has chosen this vendetta as his number #1 goal now if elected. His temperament is not even suited to lead at a lower level of government...mayor, city council, etc...let alone for the Presidency. He is clearly not disciplined.

Donald Trump is the petulant child that has created the divide in the Republican Party. Many people were in disbelief after some of those GOP primary debates. They consisted of name calling mainly by Trump. There was a mature and responsible leader who wanted to focus on the issues named John Kasich, but the primary voters went the silly reality show route instead of considering it a serious process to choose our nation's next leader. The GOP primary voters have to accept some blame for this. Think there are many that will now admit voting for him was a serious mistake, but too many still support him. Not enough to win the election fortunately.

Paul Ryan and other Republicans had no other choice. The Friday tape was the last straw for many. Someone that acts like a 14 year old and often insults respectable Americans is neither disciplined or strong. Clinton messed up once with her "deplorables" comment. For Trump, it is a consistent habit. Consistent lack of discipline.

Agree to disagree.
Have you ever checked out the Clintons past? It is the worst.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:19 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Get a Grip Ryan. Trump don't need you.. You were never for Trump .. We Are The Smart People ,we are not the special interests, not money, not the brainwashed , but people who actually look at the policies that are destroying this nation and support Trump because his policies line up with Americans who love this country.

We stand for freedom of the people. We are not dictated to by the media.. We still have a brain left to think for ourselves. We look at cause and effect for our country. We want the best for all Americans. We want safety for our children. We want prosperity for all races , creeds , all Americans.

We want a government free of corruption, free of special interests, free of elites taking jobs from us. Free of bad schools, government intrusion, free of regulations, free of red tape. We want power to the states to run their state without the federal government dictating to each state. We want the Constitution followed. The second amendment upheld, and jobs for Americans first.
Great post! Could not have said it better!

Old 10-11-2016, 02:27 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,858 times
Quote:

Trump damaged Trump.

Agree to disagree.
Spoken like a typical herd member who thinks those running for office are truly representing the people and not bought off donors.

As for trump creating the "divide" in the rep party....that's a joke, right? You do know the voters have the ultimate control over who they want in office, correct? And that trump won the nomination fair and square largely because the people wanted him there largely because they are sick of the ryan types acting in a selfish/self serving manner which we are seeing in full display here?

I submit it's the ryan types that have to grow up and start listening to the will of the people instead of their donors as one day the herd will wake up and will vote against them. But more than likely we'll just get a new face/new set of donors so why bother really.

Perhaps more than a few in the GOP are too stupid to realize they are just helping hil get elected. Perhaps they are all closet dems in the end and this is their coming out party but I still am 99% the money is telling them don't let the anti donor guy, trump, in whatever you do. Capitalize on any excuse to make that happen.

I'm guessing this is all new to you. And btw, do you vote chessgeek? Please tell me no.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:33 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Have you ever checked out the Clintons past? It is the worst.
No, it isn't.

She's been investigated by 20 some different agencies, by many who love to pin her to the wall. None of them have come close.

Now she is either innocent or the most clever woman in the universe.

Frankly, I would love to have the most clever woman in the universe running the country. It's been a great 8 years having a smart guy in the WH. I'm looking forward to what a smart woman would be like.

You can continue to believe conspiracy theories and bold-faced lies peddled by the Breitbart group if you want. But those of us on planet earth know we need someone in the WH who has her wits about her.

Trump can't even run a campaign. How the hell could he run a nation?

The guy's a con man and not a very good one.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:10 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,193,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Spoken like a typical herd member who thinks those running for office are truly representing the people and not bought off donors.

As for trump creating the "divide" in the rep party....that's a joke, right? You do know the voters have the ultimate control over who they want in office, correct? And that trump won the nomination fair and square largely because the people wanted him there largely because they are sick of the ryan types acting in a selfish/self serving manner which we are seeing in full display here?

I submit it's the ryan types that have to grow up and start listening to the will of the people instead of their donors as one day the herd will wake up and will vote against them. But more than likely we'll just get a new face/new set of donors so why bother really.

Perhaps more than a few in the GOP are too stupid to realize they are just helping hil get elected. Perhaps they are all closet dems in the end and this is their coming out party but I still am 99% the money is telling them don't let the anti donor guy, trump, in whatever you do. Capitalize on any excuse to make that happen.

I'm guessing this is all new to you. And btw, do you vote chessgeek? Please tell me no.
You guess wrong. I have voted in several elections. Trump created this divide. Tweeting insults against a beauty pageant winner after 3 AM this close to the election and threatening an opponent with prosecution and jail like they do in fascist nations/banana republics are not the signs of a responsible leader, let alone even a sane person. All those GOP leaders wanted was for Trump to focus on issues and stop with the Twitter insults, but he could not do it. Then the Friday videotape was the last straw. Perhaps you believe otherwise.

That is the difference between us. I am willing to post without disrespecting your right to vote. I do think the vote for Trump in the primaries was a mistake and his reckless behavior is proving that to be correct IMO, but by all means everyone has the right to vote. It was predictable though. Lol. That statement you made at the end of your post is actually the herd mentality. "If you don't agree with me, I don't want you to vote."

I will vote for either Clinton or Johnson. Still deciding between those two. It will not be for Trump.

Trump damaged Trump. He avoids accountability about anything (tax returns, insults, misogynistic behavior, past statements, and contradictions, etc). He will continue doing that if he is elected President.

Meanwhile, Clinton went through hours of testimony about the emails and the final decision was made by a Republican FBI director and that is still not good enough for many of her opponents. Double standard.

Last edited by chessgeek; 10-11-2016 at 03:20 PM..

Old 10-11-2016, 03:20 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Perhaps more than a few in the GOP are too stupid to realize they are just helping hil get elected.
That would be those who nominated Trump, yes? Face it, the guy is highly appealing to a specific subset of GOP voters and completely unpalatable to everybody else.

Every time the Establishment GOP managed to keep him on message and under control, he gained in the polls. And every time he couldn't stay disciplined, he dropped like a rock. Even if you believe the numbers are skewed, the trends were unmistakable.

You want to uproot the establishment? Introduce something or someone that looks better, not merely different. If my mechanic is not getting the job done, I find a better mechanic - I don't take my car to an acupuncture clinic.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:23 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,858 times
Quote:
You guess wrong. I have voted in several elections. Trump created this divide. Tweeting insults against a beauty pageant winner after 3 AM this close to the election and threatening an opponent with prosecution and jail like they do in fascist nations/banana republics are not the signs of a responsible leader, let alone even a sane person. All those GOP leaders wanted was for Trump to focus on issues and stop with the Twitter insults, but he could not do it. Then the Friday videotape was the last straw. Perhaps you believe otherwise.

That is the difference between us. I am willing to post without disrespecting your right to vote. I do think the vote for Trump in the primaries was a mistake and his reckless behavior is proving that to be correct IMO, but by all means everyone has the right to vote. It was predictable though. Lol. That statement you made at the end of your post is actually the herd mentality. "If you don't agree with me, I don't want you to vote."

I will vote for either Clinton or Johnson. Still deciding between those two. It will not be for Trump.

Trump damaged Trump. He avoids accountability about anything (tax returns, insults, misogynistic behavior, past statements, and contradictions, etc). He will continue doing that if he is elected President.

And don't forget the other side. Read hil's donor list. Has a "private" and "public" view on things. "Dreams" of open borders. Read about how the fbi director called her "Extremely careless". Read about how she claimed to not know that "C" means a classified document. And this when she was SS(!). And chose to work with a concussion/says she forgot briefings because of the concussion and didn't have the good judgement to take a leave of absence if this was the case. Choose to send/receive classified documents on a private email server against the rules. Etc, Etc., Etc.

This is an inept person in the eyes of many. Proven. And people talk about being worried about trump having a hand on the nuclear button....Ms. work with a concussion/forgot briefings/what's "C" in control of our nuclear arsenal?

So as for your "accountability", enjoy the "extremely careless" one. And buying into the world of scripted reality for a wink is as good as a nod to a blind horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That would be those who nominated Trump, yes? Face it, the guy is highly appealing to a specific subset of GOP voters and completely unpalatable to everybody else.

Every time the Establishment GOP managed to keep him on message and under control, he gained in the polls. And every time he couldn't stay disciplined, he dropped like a rock. Even if you believe the numbers are skewed, the trends were unmistakable.

You want to uproot the establishment? Introduce something or someone that looks better, not merely different. If my mechanic is not getting the job done, I find a better mechanic - I don't take my car to an acupuncture clinic.
And most logical/rational people don't want their president to be "extremely careless", yet apparently you do.

As for "introducing" something better, you sound like the typical herd member who doesn't get it/plays in a text book world. It's a game of money, power, influence and "better" doesn't apply here. And throw in a herd member like yourself who will vote the "I'm with her!" type and what you are saying/asking for is in non-sequitur land as your actions don't match reality. Unless you really think hil is a good choice for president and would be crazy enough to admit this.

I bet she had you at "Extremely careless".....or was it "duh, what's C mean". Or the choice to work while having a concussion and not recall briefings/didn't have the common sense to take a leave of absence? Or deleting all those emails/ignoring the call from congress to turn them over as required by law yet getting away with it where you/your family member would be in jail in a heart beat for doing so? Or the "I've got a private and public view".

This shows me a nation gone off the rails with a voting populace that has the average IQ of a small soap dish.

Last edited by stevek64; 10-11-2016 at 03:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections