Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 11:50 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,624,387 times

Advertisements

I listened to Rush Limbaugh today. He ranted about how the political elite has destroyed mens concept of masculinity. I havent heard him in years. I understand many of the posts here defending Trump much better now. Hours of right wing banter has poisoned their brains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 11:52 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,432,208 times
Paul Ryan has an opponent on the ballot in November. Ryan will probably keep his seat due to gerrymandering, but I hope he gets the message that even he is vulnerable.

Old 10-10-2016, 11:53 AM

33,610 posts, read 18,286,361 times
Ryan cares more about the stinking party than the country. Both parties stink!

The rino's are afraid of Trump finding out the corruption on both sides of the aisle..

The people spoke. Trump got the nomination because of the corrupt system on both sides. Trump is so honest he will call out everyone who stole money , lied , and used their positions for their gain instead of serving the country and the people.

Old 10-10-2016, 11:55 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,014,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
I listened to Rush Limbaugh today. He ranted about how the political elite has destroyed mens concept of masculinity. I havent heard him in years. I understand many of the posts here defending Trump much better now. Hours of right wing banter has poisoned their brains.
Really?

That's disgusting. Bragging about sexual assault and getting away with it because you are a STAR is a sign of masculinity?

Old 10-10-2016, 11:58 AM

20,847 posts, read 17,211,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Oh, wonderful. So as a journalist one should be happy that Trump will sue your pants off for any story he deems unfavorable to him, as opposed to getting the firing squad?

I see you've got really interesting standards for freedom of the press.
That is what the courts are for. Like Ryan if they believe that they can get away with calling him out they should be prepared to back it up. Thats the fighting spirit that makes this country great imho. If they believe it is fair be ready to prove it....Trump likes to fight bare knuckle. I say what is wrong with that?

Old 10-10-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Its far more than that. Its the current paradigm from Fox to CNN. For years men have been intentionally trained to cow tow to anyone who challenges a fundamental part of being male that being making decisions which others may disagree with. It's fun to make tough decisions. It is realistic and it's a part of life. Just because you disagree does not mean you can tell us what to do.

When it's our turn to do so....We make the rules and we say whats fair.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:03 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,819,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Call me crazy, but Ryan's comments about women aren't really that much better than Trump's vulgarity. What Trump said is fairly typical locker-room talk, which I can see would trouble some women who don't realize guys say crap like that. It's the tiniest bit surprising to me that no women have said a word about Ryan's tweet, though. While I don't remember the entire thing (and am feeling too lazy to look it up), there were two words he used that had me cringing; "championed" and "revered".

Sounds fine as long as you don't look too deeply, but think about those two specific words. As a woman, I hate the attitude some men have, that women can't do anything themselves, need a man to protect them, and should be put up on a pedestal. Ugh. To me, that's as bad as seeing a woman only as a sex object. We need a balance between these two idiots.
As a captain of a vessel, I caught those two words Ryan said too.

I expect woman to pull their own weight. Also to work without complaining constantly.

I could write a book about how there is a small difference ingrained in many women as a result of them expecting to be on a pedestal.

One tiny example: While sailing I awoke to noise from the sails and realized the wind had changed and a squall was close. I called all hands to deck. A woman sipping her coffee replied to me:

"Aren't you going to say good morning?"

She admonished me that my attitude was that I expected her to help with no explanation why something needed to be urgently done.

Whereas, most men tend to do difficult work aboard without complaining.

I believe many women create the glass ceiling that holds them down because men like myself learn it is far easier to ask another man to help with difficult work. As a consequence I have to be careful to ask my crew and provide women equal opportunity to learn and grow. I still am yet to find one willing to learn how to change the fan belts on the engine when the engine room is hot as an oven. These are tasks I am willing and capable of doing because I just recognize them as tasks that must urgently be done and everything is my duty.

Grumble.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
As a captain of a vessel, I caught those two words Ryan said too.

I expect woman to pull their own weight. Also to work without complaining constantly.

I could write a book about how there is a small difference ingrained in many women as a result of them expecting to be on a pedestal.

One tiny example: While sailing I awoke to noise from the sails and realized the wind had changed and a squall was close. I called all hands to deck. A woman sipping her coffee replied to me:

"Aren't you going to say good morning?"

She admonished me that my attitude was that I expected her to help with no explanation why something needed to be urgently done.

Whereas, most men tend to do difficult work aboard without complaining.

I believe many women create the glass ceiling that holds them down because men like myself learn it is far easier to ask another man to help with difficult work. As a consequence I have to be careful to ask my crew and provide women equal opportunity to learn and grow. I still am yet to find one willing to learn how to change the fan belts on the engine when the engine room is hot as an oven. These are tasks I am willing and capable of doing because I just recognize them as tasks that must urgently be done and everything is my duty.

Grumble.
I have worked with talented women for 25 years in medicine as an RN. They make split second live saving decisions and I trust them with my life. These women are truthful and integrity and intelligence. And yet they have feelings simply put that men do not have or need. Men don't really give a crap about the niceties in my experience and when the hammer comes down we don't tolerate the bs that comes more frequently with the women....easy to say harder to say it's bad or worse. We are both genders given strengths and weaknesses. It deserves to be understood not denounced. When the women says "no good morning" she wants to engage and god knows may actually want your attention...maybe even likes you. When it's life and death men are built imho to move past their emotions quickly.....but I will tell you easily I work with some awesome women who can put everything else in their world first before them....and do so looking very hot.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:18 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,055,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
And according to CNN, that message isn't going over well with some of his members on his conference call.

Ryan to House lawmakers: I 'won't defend Trump' - POLITICO
And he shouldn't, Trump supporters shouldn't even support that idiot. Too bad too many feel the same way. This isn't my America. This isn't the America I knew and love.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And he shouldn't, Trump supporters shouldn't even support that idiot. Too bad too many feel the same way. This isn't my America. This isn't the America I knew and love.
I feel you but here's the deal and it is the truth. America is failing and we really need a leader to right the good ship of state. When the attacks start happening in the malls and the communities you'll want a man like this. Carnage in our schools, carnage in our malls....your America changed and not for the better.

Sure he's not nice. you want a leader to be nice??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections