Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 07:08 AM

34,297 posts, read 15,750,955 times

Advertisements

Paul Ryan is no better than crooked Hillary putting their own interest ahead of the country.

A leader in the GOP that won't support the nominee of their party has no business being a leader. What is the point in having a political party ?

I will be voting for Trump.
I will not be voting for anyone else in the republican party.
They wanted to fracture the party. I will cooperate with them just not in the way they wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 07:12 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,421,757 times
Paul Ryan finally showed some guts. It's a start.

If he wants to be remembered in history as someone who stood up to the fascist Trump, he should actively campaign against him, and make it clear that Trump is no Republican.

Any Republican who votes for Trump is a traitor to the party's principles.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:22 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,675,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Paul Ryan is no better than crooked Hillary putting their own interest ahead of the country.

A leader in the GOP that won't support the nominee of their party has no business being a leader. What is the point in having a political party ?

They wanted to fracture the party. I will cooperate with them just not in the way they wanted.
Good for you.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:27 AM

34,297 posts, read 15,750,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post

If he wants to be remembered in history as someone who stood up to the fascist Trump, he should actively campaign against him, and make it clear that Trump is no Republican.

Good comment. Proves my point.

Look how loyal people are to the crime boss of a criminal syndicate that funds and supports terrorist and wants open borders that would help continue the import of drugs and criminals from every nation. You have to give democrats their due. They will stick with crooked Hillary no matter how vile and corrupt she is.
This is a candidate that her own staff says she is a notorious liar.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:45 AM

68,411 posts, read 54,715,839 times
Quote:

Was Donny putting the country ahead of his own interests when he sent jobs overseas? Or does he just jet the hypocrites' pass because the Kool-Aid is so lip-smackin' good?

Old 10-11-2016, 07:46 AM

26,239 posts, read 22,415,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post

Why do you call Trump a "facist"?

What do you consider the "party's principles" to be?

Isn't right to life one of the GOP principles? Those that don't vote for Trump, vote for abortion and worst of all the return and increase in partial birth abortions up to the moment before natural birth takes place, that is Hillary's stance. For many this is considered a very important principle.

The race is not about Republican vs Democrat, it is about nationalism (Trump) vs globalism (Clinton): Trump vs. Hillary Is Nationalism vs. Globalism, 2016 | The National Interest

I learned about the "principles" of each party in American Government class in the Spring of 1972. Neither party has adhered to their "principles".

Old 10-11-2016, 07:49 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,675,345 times
Lightbulb Paul Ryan is no better than crooked Hillary putting their own interest ahead of the country.

It's true.

Ryan is just another right wing stuffed shirt, pretending not to be a corporate shill. But Pubs will keep on electing him as long as he runs.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:53 AM

57,398 posts, read 26,458,152 times
Resign, he should offer his resignation as house leader and see the long list of candidates that would take his job, I can hear Boehner celebrating that he got out before this train wreck. Dealing with the Freedom Caucus & Tea Party is bad enough but this isn't what Ryan bargained for when he took over the position no one else wanted.

They are going to lose the election, if Ryan and others keep on supporting him they will also lose the house and senate.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:55 AM

68,411 posts, read 54,715,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's true.

Ryan is just another right wing stuffed shirt, pretending not to be a corporate shill. But Pubs will keep on electing him as long as he runs.

And the signs Trump isn't just pretending not to be a shill for his own corporate interests are?

Old 10-11-2016, 07:56 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,236,812 times
Quote:

He should be replaced in WI by some non "D" or "R" imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections