Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 07:29 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,319,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Dont you get it? You cant go around and insult people, and then get offended when others do it. Hillary attacked the American people, her supporters cheered. Hilly fully supports BLM, a group that openly chants "Death to white people" and you are totally ok with it. So, when Liberals whine about how racist Trump supporters are, its seen as hypocrisy.

The BLM movement isn't about hatred to white people. I am most definitely not OK with anyone who supports that kind of hatred...even if they spread their hatred under the umbrella of BLM.

Hillary criticized the dregs of society, and I'm totally OK with that. AC is being criticized for his sexuality because people didn't like how he treated Trump during the debate. It's not the same.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:31 PM

30,566 posts, read 23,987,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Thank you for the detailed post!

I don't think I am lumping all Trump fans [or HRC fans] together, and I don't think all of his fans act like this. I know of a handful of Trump fans who I know are really good people. I will say that I think these people are blinded by partisanship...and it frustrates the hell out of me.

I am wondering, however, if some of his extreme comments and actions promote these sorts of things. It's called The Trump Effect.
The only thing I think that Trump has done is get people excited to vote. Whether they hate him or whether they like him, he has definitely made this election season interesting and energized...and he's also, without directly doing a thing to them, made the RINOs in the GOP reveal themselves...so to me he's already done a lot of good with the Republican party.

I still think that those people would be talking like that no matter who it was running on the Republican ticket. Twitter is not largely monitored like Facebook. Say those words on Facebook, you end up in "Facebook jail" (you're basically suspended for 30 days and from what I hear, you have to then prove that it's your account with photo ID...I find that disturbing). YouTube is another "wild, wild west" type of comment platform. If you've ever made the mistake of spending any time reading YouTube comments, you will see that people talk like this all the time regardless of it being an election year or not. That is why I believe that those fools would be talking like that even if we had Rubio, or Jeb!, or Cruz running.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:33 PM

37,199 posts, read 42,429,753 times
People are supposed to jump on a "support Anderson Cooper" bandwagon? Create a #hashtag maybe? I don't know what you want. People are mean, everyone gets to deal with that equally. YAY AMERICA.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:34 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,396,963 times
Quote:
Will we (society) be able to heal? Once Trump loses, will the deplorables climb back under their rocks..or will they feel empowered for years to come?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I can't stand Anderson Cooper.
The weasels may..But from many comment's I have seen, they express a civil war..as in rising up and FIGHTING against corruption blah blah.. Trump has been preaching to THIS CHOIR ..and MANY ( Anarchists) have risen to the surface..and feel emboldened.. SO do not expect Master Trump to ever concede once those votes come in...Trump is nothing more than a Cancer trigger who has activated this cells to explode..

The above is how outsider's see it..like it or deny it..IT's precisely how the "OUTSIDE WORLD see Trump and his adamant followers who accept his Racism/bigotry/Misogyny/Phobia's crossing ALL who aren't like him(them) !!

Quote:
They are from Trump fans, and I'm asking if Trump (directly or indirectly) promotes this sort of behavior.
Of course..Trump advocates such behaviour..He does it in real time on Twitter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hillary called me deplorable and irredeemable, do you care? Does Hillary promote directly or indirectly hatred? Obviously yes. Your so blinded by your support for Hillary you refuse to see it.
Yep..Deplorable is just an adjective..and that definition fits perfectly given the agenda/attitude/behaviour..So accept it.

According to the deplorable, calling names is a NORM"..SO why do you or other's find being called a name so offensive??????...Hey..Maybe because you all can dish it out..but can't take it..LOL..That's exactly what bullies always act like

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
trump apologized, yes or no? And you are still mad at him why?
Trump did not apologize~~ He suggested locker room talk..I say BS BS.. How the Hell could he even brag about knowing THEY TAKE IT because I'm a STAR, unless HE PERSONALLY succeed in such behaviour???.. Trump is a BS professional..and protects himself with $$/Lawyers/Bullying/Litigations etc etc~~

SO no..He didn't apologize..But he gave lip service only because he GOT exposed..embarrASSED?? Maybe..But given he really doesn't care..Supporter's believe his CON and says more about them than Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
trump made it clear his statement was only words, not taking any action...do you care?

You support hillary, a KNOWN person who sheltered her husband after having sex, opps, I mean no sexual relations with that woman...just BLOWN with her mouth....
BBM^^^ because he would only boast about such stuff about SUCCESSFUL ACTIONS~~ WHY? does he say such a thing~~ By the Age of 60..he had already succeeded many many times..SO Words on that audio is only evidence of SUCCESSFUL conquests by Heir Trump in his lifetime !!

Old 10-11-2016, 07:37 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,319,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The only thing I think that Trump has done is get people excited to vote. Whether they hate him or whether they like him, he has definitely made this election season interesting and energized...and he's also, without directly doing a thing to them, made the RINOs in the GOP reveal themselves...so to me he's already done a lot of good with the Republican party.

I still think that those people would be talking like that no matter who it was running on the Republican ticket. Twitter is not largely monitored like Facebook. Say those words on Facebook, you end up in "Facebook jail" (you're basically suspended for 30 days and from what I hear, you have to then prove that it's your account with photo ID...I find that disturbing). YouTube is another "wild, wild west" type of comment platform. If you've ever made the mistake of spending any time reading YouTube comments, you will see that people talk like this all the time regardless of it being an election year or not. That is why I believe that those fools would be talking like that even if we had Rubio, or Jeb!, or Cruz running.
I think that's a fair point, and I do agree that YT comments are...well, deplorable.

I appreciate your comments.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:42 PM

6,909 posts, read 11,309,459 times
Smile Just the media - I wish they would go away for 24 hours

Quote:
I'm not surprised, but it is sad.

I really like AC, and I think he did a fantastic job during the debate. Either way, even if you think he sucked as moderator, why be so crass?

Does Trump promote (directly or indirectly) this sort of behavior?
I think it is the media. It's hard to get away from it.

This is how I look at it.

We work, live, socialize, go to school with all types of people. I don't think twice about some of this stuff the media talks about - I mean, we all have 2 legs (or most do), etc, have to get up in the morning - why don't we start thinking about what UNITES us rather than the different things?

We have to stop the insults. It is getting old.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:48 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,857,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

People are supposed to jump on a "support Anderson Cooper" bandwagon? Create a #hashtag maybe? I don't know what you want. People are mean, everyone gets to deal with that equally. YAY AMERICA.
thank you Ceece, I guess because I didn't say what Cali wanted Cali in response said I must identify as an alt-right white supremacist neo-Nazi... pfft, as if name calling is going to get me to jump on the bandwagon.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:51 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,857,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I think it is the media. It's hard to get away from it.

This is how I look at it.

We work, live, socialize, go to school with all types of people. I don't think twice about some of this stuff the media talks about - I mean, we all have 2 legs (or most do), etc, have to get up in the morning - why don't we start thinking about what UNITES us rather than the different things?

We have to stop the insults. It is getting old.
Good post Bette

Old 10-11-2016, 08:51 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,017,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I can't stand Anderson Cooper.
My view is the opposite of yours. I think he is terrific. Unlike Donald Trump, Anderson is articulate, intelligent, dresses well, polite, well mannered, handsome, fit, slim, and elegant.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:52 PM

31,034 posts, read 19,620,981 times
Quote:
I'm not surprised, but it is sad.

I really like AC, and I think he did a fantastic job during the debate. Either way, even if you think he sucked as moderator, why be so crass?

Does Trump promote (directly or indirectly) this sort of behavior?
He did his best to trump Trump, but he wasn't man enough to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections