Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 10:10 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,375,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
We Republicans don't care about the Republican Party.
We're voting against Hillary.
There's not enough of you to make a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 10:22 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,111,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
You may be right, but we'll see.

The questions is going to be how many dems stay home, and how many vote for Trump.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:30 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Excellent news indeed! I bet that Donald John Trump's percentage chance of winning the Keystone state has risen from 10.8 percent to 11.01 percent (per 538)!

See also:

Poll: Hillary Clinton trounces Donald Trump in Pennsylvania - CBS News

Say, you never did return to that other thread where I asked you a question about the need of Hillary Rodham Clinton's necessity to keep fundraising. I believe the question was:

If you believe that Mr. Trump will surely win the election, wouldn't it make sense for Ms. Clinton to continue to fundraise to purchase ads in swing states?

Or do you think that Ms. Clinton has a 'lock' on the election, which would indicate that further fund-raising is unnecessary?

I imagine that you simply forgot to go back to your earlier thread.
Okay...Can you give me a hint about which thread it is?

Old 10-13-2016, 11:07 AM

25,609 posts, read 17,346,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Don't get your hopes up yet.

1. Democrats still lead Republicans in registrations by 913,000 (i.e., 23% more) as of 10/11/2016.

2. The approximately 60,000 net change in party registration from Democrats to GOP pales in comparison to the margin of victory for the Democrats in 2012 in PA (310,000 votes). Less than 1/5 of the margin.

Mick
Hopes run high.

13 of Pennsylvania's 17 sitting US Representatives are Republicans. And they didn't get there by Presidential Decree.

But today it still looks good for Hillary.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:10 AM

11,228 posts, read 8,321,082 times
It's funny, all this talk about Democrats being the problem with Election Fraud, and here you have a string of people saying they changed their registration from R to D, simply to influence the outcome of the primaries, but they fully intended to vote R in the general.

It's not illegal, but it's a clear case of trying to sabatage the opposition, instead of focusing on your own solution. Typical Republican projection.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:21 AM

25,609 posts, read 17,346,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
We Republicans don't care about the Republican Party.
We're voting against Hillary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Republicans? Probably not.

But only about 42 - 44% of the population intends to vote for Hillary. That's alarmingly low for such a well known person. Bill came out of nowhere and got 43%.

The best hope for saving us all from Hillary and her greed is to tie things up so that no one gets 270 in November, and that doesn't look very likely. Might happen; Johnson is concentrating his efforts where he has some traction.
If it goes to The House, Hillary is out of the Pennsylvania running immediately.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:24 AM

13,697 posts, read 9,029,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Okay...Can you give me a hint about which thread it is?
Said thread, which you started, and asked why HRC was still fundraising, has apparently been deleted by the moderators.

However, you literally just now, in quoting me, quoted the question I had originally propounded in your deleted thread.

I shall ask it again. Again, it is in reference to your question wondering why Hillary Rodham Clinton was still fundraising.

My question: Do you think Donald John Trump will win the election? If 'yes', then does that not indicate that HRC is justified to continue her fundraising efforts, in order to purchase television/radio ads for swing states?

Or: Do you think that HRC is a 'lock' to win? If you think so, then it does appear that there is no need for her to spend time fund raising.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:27 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,270,133 times
Quote:
Hopes run high.

13 of Pennsylvania's 17 sitting US Representatives are Republicans. And they didn't get there by Presidential Decree.

They got the reps because there are huge numbers of Dems in one place... Philadelphia.
At this point PA can barely be called a battleground.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:30 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,962,971 times
I am a Pennsylvanian who follows state political trends.

Donald Trump has lost Pennsylvania.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:41 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,962,971 times
Quote:
Hopes run high.

Those are not state wide elected positions ... they are influenced by gerrymandering.

The trend in the Keystone State is leaning towards the Democrats. Two years ago, in an off-year election where the GOP usually does better, the three state Supreme Court up for election went to the Democrats ... all of them.

Our governor, Wolf, a Democrat, trounced the incumbent Republican governor Corbett two years ago. Our senior senator is a Democrat, while the junior senator Toomey is behind in the polls and running scared ... and refused to endorse Trump. Toomey even boycotted the GOP convention in Cleveland.

Hillary is far ahead of Donald here. She has nearly 10 times as many field offices in PA and 10 times the campaign funds to run commercials here. No major PA newspaper has endorsed Donald. Hillary's Rodham family is from the Scranton area and is popular there; I don't have to mention she dominates the four biggest cities here: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Allentown, and Erie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections