Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 08:02 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,017,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post

... There are 20,000+ showing up to his rallies in places like Ambridge, PA and Dayton, OH.
Well I'm a Pennsylvanian and I never even heard of Ambridge, PA. I can name at least 100 Pennsylvania cities and towns, but Ambridge is not one of them.

It turns out that Donald's rally was held in a high school gymnasium that has a capacity of 3,000 tops. Where did you get the highly inflated number of 20,000+? To be sure, Beaver County (it's located in west central PA just north of Pittsburgh) is a Republican stronghold, that is where Ambridge is located.

Nothing wrong to hanging on hope, but I will candidly tell any Trump supporter that as far as Pennsylvania is concerned, Trump has lost it and he is finished in the Keystone State.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:05 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,177,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Amazing that people are counting him out. Let's remember that the Brexit was a complete surprise because the pollsters underestimated the turnout of Middle England. Well, since Paul Ryan and the entire Republican party abandoned Trump, he's back to giving 2-3 speeches per day in Middle America. There are 20,000+ showing up to his rallies in places like Ambridge, PA and Dayton, OH. There were record numbers of new Republican registrants in that area when Trump got traction in the race this year. Who cares if he loses a few traditionally R states like Utah? Call me crazy, but I can see a situation where he sweeps Florida, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Nevada and Colorado.
Anything is possible. Speaking of which, I might win Powerball this week.

Mick

Old 10-16-2016, 12:24 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,525,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Anything is possible. Speaking of which, I might win Powerball this week.

Mick
You're more likely to win the Powerball lottery than Trump is likely to win the election! And don't spend it all in one place!

Old 10-16-2016, 09:41 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,055,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
People forget quickly, one day is enough to make the sheep of america forget. I agree with your second sentence, he needs to not insult her, her family or her supporters even one time, he needs to be as presidential as possible, after all, he's said what he has to say, he's talked about all her negatives that he believes to be true, he needs to be calm and present a case for the country, most of us are on overload at this point, its like we don't want to hear anymore negativity, if he can come across as a nice guy and show some humility, class and humbleness while just sticking to the issues, he will be much better off. But you're right about the good luck with that, i don't see it happening.
It COULD but it is rare that a third debate "win" when the candidate "lost" the first two (debates) translates into an electoral win. I understand you do like Trump but at some point you gotta think realistically. With all of his negatives, it is all but over. Trump can't afford to lose any Romney states but he is statistically tied in several including Arizona.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:48 PM

35,867 posts, read 21,277,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Well I'm a Pennsylvanian and I never even heard of Ambridge, PA. I can name at least 100 Pennsylvania cities and towns, but Ambridge is not one of them.

It turns out that Donald's rally was held in a high school gymnasium that has a capacity of 3,000 tops. Where did you get the highly inflated number of 20,000+? To be sure, Beaver County (it's located in west central PA just north of Pittsburgh) is a Republican stronghold, that is where Ambridge is located.

Nothing wrong to hanging on hope, but I will candidly tell any Trump supporter that as far as Pennsylvania is concerned, Trump has lost it and he is finished in the Keystone State.
I know our northern friends would see the light -from a prev philly and Hanover resident

Old 10-19-2016, 05:15 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,620,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Bookmarked for future laughs.
I'm laughing now.

Bless their hearts. A year's worth of threads about yuge rally sizes, all for naught.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:20 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,575,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'm laughing now.

Bless their hearts. A year's worth of threads about yuge rally sizes, all for naught.
Exactly. The denial from the Trump folks is amazing as they continue to ignore the polls and use rally size and office water cooler talk to predict the winner. Same group that proclaimed victory after the first debate based on the first internet polls which was obviously skewed by rabid Trump supporters. When real polls of a cross section of voters came out it was clear who won.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 10-19-2016 at 05:34 AM..

Old 10-19-2016, 05:22 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,319,432 times
Quote:
I'm laughing now.

Don't discredit the importance of good laughs.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:46 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Exactly. The denial from the Trump folks is amazing as they continue to ignore the polls and use rally size and office water cooler talk to predict the winner. Same group that proclaimed victory after the first debate based on the first internet polls which was obviously skewed by rabid Trump supporters. When real polls of a cross section of voters came out it was clear who won.
However, let's not think that this is a right-wing-only phenomenon. That kind of denial is just as common on the far left.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:18 AM

18,247 posts, read 22,616,058 times
Quote:
I'm laughing now.

I am truly looking forward to Nov 9th because a LOT of these rabid pro-Trumpsters will magically vanish never to be heard from again.....but they will lurk (just like they did when Romney lost)

I'm here for all of the Trump supporters crying on election night videos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections