Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 10:10 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,599,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Mostly Trump by a factor of 15 or 20 to 1. There has been a lot of vandalism of Trump signs as well as cars with bumper stickers.

Maryland.

Same here (Maryland). Mostly Trump. Have seen only 3 or 4 Clinton signs. Quite a few LARGE Trump signs too, and none for Clinton.

Saw more "Hillary for Prison" signs than her Political signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 10:35 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,801,710 times
I live in a blue part of a red state and have seen very few stickers/signs for either candidate. On our block there is one Clinton bumper sticker. On the next block I've seen a Trump yard sign. Driving to work I see a few scattered signs for each.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:10 PM

30,567 posts, read 23,987,526 times
I don't see any signs anywhere. Right now I'm on the west coast which is typically blue, and not a single sign have I seen in this entire area. I don't mean just my neighborhood, I mean the entire area from the coast line to further in...no signs. Not even on cars.

What I HAVE seen, however, is the comments on news articles from a couple of news stations in my area. Those comments are either on their website or on their facebook page. The comments are overwhelmingly anti-Hillary. I'm not saying that they are pro Trump, they don't actually specify that, but they do, without a single shadow of a doubt, absolutely HATE Hillary around here. Some liberals would be surprised what area I'm talking about.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:23 PM

3,508 posts, read 2,236,205 times
The overwhelming majority of overt Hillary supporters I've encountered in this area have been entry-level government employees, subsidized minorities, militant LGBTQ members, sexually frustrated stay-at-home-moms, and widowed retired women.

The overwhelming majority of overt Trump supporters I've encountered in this area have been represented by law enforcement, the comparatively well-to-do, religious hypocrites and zealots, as well as a combination of under-educated or insecure -- and predominantly white -- men.

As far as the topic question is concerned, I see significantly more Trump-related signage, etc. What I'm more concerned about is that a majority of voters in general are fighting over a vote, which cast in the direction of either front-running candidate, is objectively both harmful and servile.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:26 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,746,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
One Hillary sticker ....a few more Hillary for.prison stickers and many Trump stickers.

Overall it is less than what we have seen in prior elections.

Many Trump supporters are scared to get their cars damaged.
This reminds me, i did see a hillary for prison sticker in the los angeles area recently.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:38 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,448,931 times
Where I live, it's staunchly Republican, so you only see Trump signs. I haven't seen a Clinton sign.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:47 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,493,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Same here (Maryland). Mostly Trump. Have seen only 3 or 4 Clinton signs. Quite a few LARGE Trump signs too, and none for Clinton.

Saw more "Hillary for Prison" signs than her Political signs.
I was just driving through that area with my boyfriend and we not only saw lots of Trump signs, but it seemed like every house we passed had three Trump signs in their yards. Then we passed a house with four signs followed by a house further down the road with just two. I asked my boyfriend if we should go knock on the door and let them know one of their signs was missing and let them know who took it! Lol

All in all, I've seen less signs than usual this year. In my own neighborhood I've only seen two Clinton signs and no Trump (even though I usually see more Republican signs than Democrat.) I honestly don't understand why people put them in their yards. I'd never do that, no matter how strongly I feel about a candidate. But everyone is different I suppose.

Old 10-15-2016, 11:51 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,360,126 times
I am seeing much more trump signs than Hillary signs although most were put out last week. Before that not much of either. Central Florida

Old 10-15-2016, 11:58 PM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times
Trump doesn't even bother to campaign here. I think the last time I checked he was up 10%. All I see are local politician signs.

Old 10-16-2016, 01:20 AM

4,506 posts, read 3,863,225 times
I also should mention I have seen more "Hillary for prison" car stickers on the road compared to actual Hillary stickers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections