Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 12:00 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,746,397 times

Advertisements

This is a plea to Hillary supporters to vote for Trump, i know you're angry at him and seeing red and are so upset at his 'lifestyle' for lack of a better word, that you are just going to 'show him' and vote for her. I'm going to explain why you should reconsider.

I'm going to float a theory out there that there's really 'no trump' and there's really 'no hillary'. These people aren't 'presidents' they're 'spokesman' for something much bigger than they are. Hillary is 'spoken for' she's not going to be leading anything, she's already purchased, so a vote for her is a vote for Monsanto, Goldman Sachs and some other big donors, THEY are running the country, not her. She's just the 'face' of the brawn behind the scenes. As for Trump? This is an odd election since we don't really know who Trump is beholden to, is he also 'bought and paid for' and a vote for him is also a vote for someone that's in the pocket?

If you say that there's no donor class behind Trump, than couldn't you make the case that he's just the spokesman for the people? Ill admit he's kind of a crappy spokesman, but if he's not representing the donor class, he might be repping YOU and your family. You know who she's representing, but we don't really know who Trump is repping.

Anyway, i think if you just view Trump and Hillary as 'spokesmen' as opposed to 'rulers' you might be better able to figure out who to vote for, and not have so much passion against Trump, after all, he's just the spokesman. . Like i said, who the heck knows who Trump is 'beholden to' but we know who's bought her already, she's paid for, but Trump may be the spokesman for you and your family, there's really no proof that he's not. I know, he's a bad spokesman, but even with a bad spokesman he's YOUR bad spokesman.

Strip away all the allegations of sexual misconduct, underage rape, bleachbitting, lying and the list goes on and on for both candidates, just assume they are 1 percent of the entire 'election' and the other 99 percent is the nuts and bolts of the people who are REALLY running the country, don't be confused and don't be angry, don't get passionate towards these spokesmen, think about the money trail and who's got influence and who doesn't, there's a reason the Koch brothers and all these other well heeled people are donating tens of MILLIONS of dollars, make sure you research the reasons these people donate before you pull any levers on Nov 8th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 12:03 AM

15,087 posts, read 13,500,955 times
You really think Trump got to be a multi-billionaire as a representative of the people?

I would love to vote for someone outside of the establishment - IF they are at least in the least bit personally mature and not grossly reckless.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:13 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,014,783 times
Not Trump. I will never vote for Trump and Hillary (not Bill) would have be caught in a horrendous scandal for me to skip this election. It would have to be like she planned some genocide in Africa.

Get a better candidate next time. I can wait 4 more years. I cannot vote for someone as unpredictable, offensive and shady(taxes anyone?) as Trump.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You really think Trump got to be a multi-billionaire as a representative of the people?

I would love to vote for someone outside of the establishment - IF they are at least in the least bit personally mature and not grossly reckless.
No, but he never said he was going to be a representative of the people when he was running his business, he wasn't giving press conferences 30 years ago saying 'im going to fight for you'. He was doing what any other businessman or woman would do, try and make his own business as successful and as rich as possible.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Not Trump. I will never vote for Trump and Hillary (not Bill) would have be caught in a horrendous scandal for me to skip this election. It would have to be like she planned some genocide in Africa.

Get a better candidate next time. I can wait 4 more years. I cannot vote for someone as unpredictable, offensive and shady(taxes anyone?) as Trump.
So, can i count on your vote? lol

Talk to me about taxes again and why you think its shady. Keep in mind all the stuff that has come out against him, do you think if he released his taxes, that we would all say 'thanks' and move on? Taxes are between a tax payer and the government, he's routinely audited, do you really think that someone like him would be able to skate by without the govt noticing? Zero chance, they LIVE for the chance to make an example out of someone rich if that rich person doesn't pay what he or she owes, his taxes are above board, they've been gone over with a fine tooth comb on a yearly basis by the govt, no way they are anything but 100 percent above board.

You don't want to vote for someone you can't predict, but isn't that a good thing? Why must you be able to 'predict' Trump's every move in order for you to accept him as a viable candidate?

Old 10-16-2016, 12:35 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,995,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post

.."like she planned some genocide in africa or something"....what, the genocide she created in the middle east doesn't count......oh i get it, they're not black enough for you...

Old 10-16-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedentary_Nomad View Post
OP:

If that's your sales pitch for selling Trump you must be getting desperate. Have you accepted that he almost certainly won't win?

A president is not just a spokesperson. They appoint cabinet positions and supreme court justices that have practical ramifications. They can also promote legislation they favor and veto legislation they oppose. These are just a few examples; who's president is of major practical significance.

Even if we go with your highly dubious premise that Trump is 'repping' us (by 'us' you mean white males), that doesn't make him remotely qualified to be POTUS. If I were elected POTUS I would do my best to act in the interest of the multitude, but that doesn't make me even remotely qualified to be president (I know I'm not).

That's a really strange, unconvincing way of selling Donald.
Thanks for the post, can i count on your vote?

My general point is that Hillary is already spoken for, she's not YOUR candidate, so in order for you to vote FOR her, there must be a reason. Also, why do you think that Trump wouldn't consult great political minds like Newt Gingrich for example and sit down with him and figure out who's going to be in the supreme court and cabinet? Trump didn't get to be a successful businessman by just flying by the seat of his pants, he is good at delegating authority and asking questions of people, i'm not the least bit concerned that Trump won't reach out to experienced politicans like Pence, Gingrich, Guiliani and even Christie if he doesn't know something, to me, that makes him plenty qualified.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:37 AM

15,087 posts, read 13,500,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
No, but he never said he was going to be a representative of the people when he was running his business, he wasn't giving press conferences 30 years ago saying 'im going to fight for you'. He was doing what any other businessman or woman would do, try and make his own business as successful and as rich as possible.
And the fact that he has now changed his tune in time to ride this populist wave should have thinking people highly skeptical.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:44 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,014,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
So, can i count on your vote? lol

Talk to me about taxes again and why you think its shady. Keep in mind all the stuff that has come out against him, do you think if he released his taxes, that we would all say 'thanks' and move on? Taxes are between a tax payer and the government, he's routinely audited, do you really think that someone like him would be able to skate by without the govt noticing? Zero chance, they LIVE for the chance to make an example out of someone rich if that rich person doesn't pay what he or she owes, his taxes are above board, they've been gone over with a fine tooth comb on a yearly basis by the govt, no way they are anything but 100 percent above board.

You don't want to vote for someone you can't predict, but isn't that a good thing? Why must you be able to 'predict' Trump's every move in order for you to accept him as a viable candidate?
If he has nothing to hide then he can just release them. He is hiding something. He is not transparent. He gives me no reasons to trust him. At least with Hillary I know what I am getting since we even have access to her campaigns internal emails. I don't know what's going on with Trump's campaign. Assange is not releasing that information.

No, we don't need unpredictable. All Trump has is a shady past. I have no reason to believe he cares for other people based on his past behavior.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And the fact that he has now changed his tune in time to ride this populist wave should have thinking people highly skeptical.
I gotta take a lot of this 'election season' stuff w grain of salt, both candidates are flip flopping on almost every issue, they are just trying to win the election, pander to both sides, so i don't want to get too deeply into the he said she said stuff, its the process, they want votes so tunes will change, but at the end of the election, only one tune will carry the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections