Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 09:53 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I feel Trump has conceded....all this talk of a rigged election is not the talk of a candidate thinking he is going to win.
I agree.

Seems like he realized there was no way he could win after the first debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 09:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
If you believe polling. He gained points on Hillary, through all the dirt thrown his way. That is remarkable.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:32 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
I can't find a scientific poll that shows Trump has gained ground.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:10 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,802,638 times
The OP has correct identified this issue as being important.

Other than that, the OP has likely not increased the likelyhood independent non-commited voters will pick Trump.

It has been my contention that starting threads like this one only decreases Trump's chances.

They only further drive independents away.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:26 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I can't find a scientific poll that shows Trump has gained ground.
RCP shows a slight increase for trump today and a minor decrease for clinton ( but still a large lead for clinton ).

Old 10-17-2016, 12:37 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,693,567 times
I believe there are many voters out there who see Trump as being unfairly attacked. Many see the news media attack on trump as a lot of crap. We should all ask ourselves why didn't any of these attacks surface during the republican primary? Secondly, even after some of Clinton's speeches have been revealed that are pro Wall St the news media continues to play them down while emphasising Trump's alleged incidents.

It's clear that Trump is a fall guy and as such many voters will vote for him.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:57 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
You're delusional.

His poll numbers are tanking, his campaign is imploding, and the more outrageous things get the more repulsive he becomes to any intelligent adult American that still has a functioning brain.

He's going down HARD in 3 weeks.

Yes intelligent adult Americans but see that's just wishful thinking. Realistically, bigotry is a very powerful toxin and people will eat up his crap because they think it's okay because he is just being honest.

Let's hope that you are right but a lot of neurotypicals are dense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sure, because having an orange faced, loud mouth orangutrumpuan grab our vaginas and kiss us makes us like him more

The delusion is so thick with you folks that we could cut it with a knife and serve it up like cheesecake.
I don't know how inappropriate touching has anything to do with normal sexual urges. I can have those same urges at times that a man can but I am able to restrain them in the presence of the man getting me going. Of course I guess in my case I hate being the center of attention so that helps but sexual urges or not you can definitely have self control in that case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i am not a bill clinton fan at all, but we have all heard over the years how charismatic he was. (still is? i don't know). again, i am not a fan and i don't know if i would be charmed by his charisma. but i sure remember hearing over all those years how charismatic he was to everyone.

trump? not so much.

why am i coming back to this thread...argh...step away from the computer beachie...step away....
That's what it is. Bill Clinton may have been a dirty guy but he was a lot more likeable. Everything that comes out of Trump's mouth that I've seen was filth. You could also joke about him easier so he was more of a good sport.
The state of the country was also better under his presidency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It is easier to get away with such behavior when you are wealthy and powerful, because a victim cannot hope to compete against your unlimited legal resources. However, that behavior should not be seen as any more acceptable simply because the person is wealthy.
I agree with you and it really makes me mad and envious because I'm a very honest person sometimes brutal but I can't get away with it because I don't have the lifestyle to. Somehow a rich bigot gets away with more than a brutal but well meaning lady.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:01 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
It's disgusting how the media and Democrats have portrayed Trump as a "Sexual Predator" to drive voters away from him, where in fact, he is honest and he admitted his wrong after that audio of him surfaced over 2 weeks ago, unlike Clinton who is trying to hide every bit of evidence behind the information that was in the emails that were recovered on her "server" after they were erased, and God knows what else were in the emails that were completely, and intentionally erased by the "bleaching" process, and cannot be recovered. It's obvious that she and her staff were trying her best to hide something.

Her supporters just can't see through her that she is deceitful and cannot be trusted. And this is only the tip of the iceberg, she proved her incompetence over 4 years ago when the US embassy in Benghazi was attacked and 4 people were killed as a result, the problems with the Clinton Foundation, her lies and inconsistent stands on various political issues, where she would tell an audience one thing, and contradict herself by telling a different audience the opposite, just to win the votes of the people she's speaking to.

Her supporters will not pay attention to those critical issues with Clinton, instead it's easier for them, and some Republicans, to focus on some lewd comments Trump made 11 years ago that have no relevance to solving the issues our country faces.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:15 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
where in fact, he is honest and he admitted his wrong after that audio of him surfaced over 2 weeks ago
Maybe but in that case he had to be honest when the evidence was there. It could be part of his strategy.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:19 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Trump's cult loves him, but there's no evidence anyone else is buying it. He's not expanding his base. In fact he isn't trying. He's just preaching to his choir and his choir isn't a majority of voters. Not even close.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections