Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 01:27 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,174,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Nice "progressive" url there.

"The New Republic was founded in 1914 as a journal of opinion which seeks to meet the challenge of a new time. For over 100 years, we have championed progressive ideas and challenged popular opinion."

See my non-partisan/data driven realclearpolitics url below instead of team lib/progressive spin on this matter.

That's contradictory. As the gallup poll said this about the 1980 race:

Election, 1980-Style | RealClearPolitics
So, you think comparing a three way race - where Reagan had considerable competition from the third party - and then reality struck those who said they would vote for Reagan instead of Anderson (Thus the last week rocket) is compatible to this two horse race? Mode delusion - and poor logic.

Do you also not realize what you posted is NOT a fact and statistic based article, but an opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 01:49 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,227,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I'll take the guy with no political experience that has already surrounded himself with competent people over that psychotic wench.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:49 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,108,777 times
All people need to do is ignore the propaganda, ignore the polls, and just go out and vote for Trump.

That's what the people did in the UK, and Brexit passed despite the face that the British msm insisted it never would pass.

Just go out and vote for what is in your best interest, vote for Trump.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:51 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,938,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
All people need to do is ignore the propaganda, ignore the polls, and just go out and vote for Trump.

That's what the people did in the UK, and Brexit passed despite the face that the British msm insisted it never would pass.

Just go out and vote for what is in your best interest, vote for Trump.
Really surprised that we have so many billionaires on this forum, I am happy for you. Since those are the only people whose interests that Trump will truly represent. The rest of us are dirt under his feet.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:57 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,204,829 times
Quote:
Did a little research and found this information.

And Reagan killed it.

The propaganda from the STATE RUN media is on HYPERDRIVE.

Goooo TRUMP!!!!!
Trump is ahead and has been so all this time, but the MSM and the HRCC/DNC are in collusion of doctoring so-called polls and narratives for them.

Very much as you said "HYPERDRIVE"!

GOD is not in their lives - it just can't be otherwise they'd denounce her imo.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:25 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,174,863 times
Quote:
...I'll take the guy with no political experience that has already surrounded himself with competent people over that psychotic wench.
What competent people is Trump surrounded by?

The campaign managers of the week? The totally unbelievable Rudy? The petty Gov of NJ? Sarah Palin? What republican advisors who have any credibility has Trump not already dismissed as an enemy?

Old 10-17-2016, 03:38 PM

29,607 posts, read 16,577,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Nice "progressive" url there.

"The New Republic was founded in 1914 as a journal of opinion which seeks to meet the challenge of a new time. For over 100 years, we have championed progressive ideas and challenged popular opinion."

See my non-partisan/data driven realclearpolitics url below instead of team lib/progressive spin on this matter.

That's contradictory. As the gallup poll said this about the 1980 race:

Election, 1980-Style | RealClearPolitics

"Just two days before the October 28 debate, Carter was eight points ahead in the Gallup poll. A week after the debate, he lost to Reagan by nearly ten percentage points."

So yes, let's talk about the gallup polling in this 1980 race the OP brought up and how wrong it was in regards to the final voting results, shall we?

So go at it deniers of black and white data....."but see there was a......and that happened in an alternate reality.....and it can never, never happen again.....and, see, well, trump bad, hil good"......racist......orange......blah......snort ...I'm with extremely careless...where's my safe space!!!..
You didnt quote Gallup, you quoted someone who was writing about the 1980 election. They put forth no evidence to support their claim ,so basically you are arguing second person "he said she said "

Old 10-17-2016, 03:56 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,130,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
The polls historically have been fairly close, but I don't believe that is the case in this election. And that is due to three known factors.

1. It's been shown that many people who plan to vote for Trump don't want to admit it, even to a pollster on the phone. That's due to the media stigma associated with being labeled a racist, etc.

2. About 99.9% of people who say they will vote for Trump are going to vote. They are excited about Trump.

3. Hillary does not have excited voters and many just don't want Trump. But when it comes to voting day, many will not bother. NOBODY likes this woman.

You combine all these factors and these "polls" are likely 5-7 points off in favor of Trump.
Didn't you see Fox News and ABC/WSJ polls both concluding recently that Clinton supporters are finally more enthusiastic about voting than Trump's followers? There was a thread about it here yesterday. Sorry.

Mick

Old 10-17-2016, 05:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,241,592 times
Trump ain't Reagan.

I swear, you right wingers are delusional.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:06 PM

592 posts, read 503,006 times
Quote:
Did a little research and found this information.

And Reagan killed it.

The propaganda from the STATE RUN media is on HYPERDRIVE.

Goooo TRUMP!!!!!
I think Mr Trump will lose and has already started preparing for his loss.

People generally do not like whiners and blaming the GOP, Saturday night live....etc does not endure him to the regular folks. My take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections