Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 05:57 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Quote:
Will you swear now, against your sacred honor, that if Clinton wins the electoral college vote, that you were utterly wrong about there being any kind of silent majority or even plurality? Or are you just blowing smoke trying to diffuse the worry you have about having been exposed to actual information about the state of the election?
There is a HUGE silent majority waiting to vote for Trump.
Stop equivocating. Will you swear now, against your sacred honor, that if Clinton wins the electoral college vote, that you were utterly wrong about there being any kind of silent majority or even plurality? Or are you just blowing smoke trying to diffuse the worry you have about having been exposed to actual information about the state of the election?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 06:22 AM

26,239 posts, read 22,408,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
1/5 of Republicans is not the majority of Americans, not in the math that I learned. You do know that there are Democrats and Independents voting for Trump, right? "Very to somewhat important" (sounds like hemming and hawing to me)? Yeah, I wouldn't bet the house on this one!

Old 10-18-2016, 06:27 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,236,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
No, they're not.

I realize it makes you feel better to believe that.

Of course a poll, honestly and competently done, may still be wrong. Being wrong is not evidence of doctoring.
Independent polling not reported by the MSM = more accurate as their methods of conducting such are very fair.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
1/5 of Republicans is not the majority of Americans, not in the math that I learned. You do know that there are Democrats and Independents voting for Trump, right? "Very to somewhat important" (sounds like hemming and hawing to me)? Yeah, I wouldn't bet the house on this one!
= Hillary math which changes depending on the situation to suit the narrative.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:50 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Independent polling not reported by the MSM = more accurate as their methods of conducting such are very fair.
Only if "very fair" means "biased to support the corrupt narrative that right-wingers prefer" over the scientific polls that actually have real credibility.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:35 AM

3,202 posts, read 5,401,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
When are people going to use their head and realize, it is the primary system that got us Trump and not the Republican party? Sometimes I don't think some people can see beyond the surface. I wonder if their minds are really that simple? Maybe it boils down to low informed voters who do not pay attention to how the primary system affects our choice of candidates.
What's simple minded and naive is to believe that the emergence of Donald J Trump onto the scene was an illegitimate occurance that the GOP had little to do with. The GOP has allowed the kind of extreme RWNJ rhetoric that Trump & his followers spew to exist and fester within the party for years. It all came to an ugly head this election season with the fruition of Trump.

The Republican Party in it's entirety should be made to take ownership of the anti-American man-child it has fostered.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Only if "very fair" means "biased to support the corrupt narrative that right-wingers prefer" over the scientific polls that actually have real credibility.
No - no matter who it favors, I'm a fair person as I want what's correct even if it's against my wishes/choices/wants/etc. Like example, the laws are for everyone.

Journalism on the most part in our country is dead when the MSM is one sided, that's not ALL of the news just what they want one to hear - just not good imo.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:52 AM

51,743 posts, read 26,064,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
What's simple minded and naive is to believe that the emergence of Donald J Trump onto the scene was an illegitimate occurance that the GOP had little to do with. The GOP has allowed the kind of extreme RWNJ rhetoric that Trump & his followers spew to exist and fester within the party for years. It all came to an ugly head this election season with the fruition of Trump.
Not only allowed, but encouraged those with extreme views to join them in an attempt to build a coalition that could win elections.

Over the years, we've seen many capable, honorable Republican legislators throw in the towel, saying they no longer recognized their party.

"Racial and cultural resentment have replaced the party’s small government ethos."

The End Of A Republican Party | FiveThirtyEight

Old 10-18-2016, 07:58 AM
bUU

Quote:
No - no matter who it favors, I'm a fair person as I want what's correct even if it's against my wishes/choices/wants/etc.
We'll have to agree to disagree about whether what you consider fair is indeed fairness versus just what supports your preferred narrative. That's rather the point.

Quote:
Like example, the laws are for everyone.
Of course "laws are for everyone". The question is how do you apply simplistic jingoistic rhetoric like that, when the matters of contention are far more complex and nuanced. The inability or unwillingness to acknowledge the reality of complexity and nuance is the number one way people seek to hide their bias under bogus claims of fairness.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:39 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,369,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Math much?

It's 57% of all voters - the headline for the article pointed out that that 57% includes 20% of Trump's own party. No one but you tried to suggest that 20% of Republicans is a majority of all voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections