Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 10:57 AM

26,692 posts, read 14,646,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
How is this ironic in anyway?

Donald isn't conducting top secret level government work that could affect national security, nor is he, PURPOSELY in violation of federal laws, putting CLASSIFIED INFORMATION on his unsecured system.

That is besides the fact nobody's email system is secure in the entire business world. I've run many IT security departments and I know for fact that nobody, including DOD, is 100% secure and not riddled with security flaws - we can only do the best we can.

This post is disingenuous at best, and a lying piece of crap in my opinion. For someone to publish this and re-post this, it speaks loudly about the character of such people.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 10-18-2016 at 11:07 AM..

Old 10-18-2016, 10:58 AM

27,409 posts, read 15,525,143 times
Quote:

Pray tell us what US office he currently holds.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:00 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,025,091 times
I forgot the Donald is the Secretary of State with access to Secret Classified information.....

Old 10-18-2016, 11:10 AM

26,576 posts, read 14,532,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I forgot the Donald is the Secretary of State with access to Secret Classified information.....
nope, he's a private citizen........ with access to secret classified information.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/29/us...ings.html?_r=0

Old 10-18-2016, 11:15 AM

26,692 posts, read 14,646,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
nope, he's a private citizen........ with access to secret classified information.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/29/us...ings.html?_r=0
Right, "access to secret classified information" does not mean "purposely saving such information on private systems in violation of federal law."

Did Donald save such information on his private systems? Did the security briefing team communicate such information using his private emails?

Old 10-18-2016, 12:06 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,019,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Then you better not do ANY business with the federal government. They gat hacked and expose citizens data constantly.
I know, and that is exactly why I'm opposed to government run things like healthcare. I have enough concerns about my doctor storing that information who is a much smaller target than if the Federal Government was somehow the gatekeeper of tons of our health or financial data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
You do realize this is about email systems right? No where did it state anything about their payment processing or data storage systems. Even top of the line systems aren't hack proof to begin with, take a look at that Yahoo breach or the Target breach. Question the system all you want but we don't see leaked documents pouring out of every crevice like we see with Hillary and the people she considers to be her top allies.

I'm sure your purpose was to deflect and derail; instead of having an argument with someone who isn't thinking clearly I will say that my original reply is all that is really needed here from me. We don't expect or require the systems of private businesses to be top of the line and as such this thread in itself is ironic.
You do realize that email systems are a great front door to everything else. Its called a "connected" world for a reason, email is by no means an island and through poorly designed IT systems and security protocols and processes it can quickly become the gateway to other information or holes that can be used to exploit other more critical systems in an enterprise. I've had to stop doing businesses with several companies that actually email you your unhashed password when you click "forgot password" link on their websites. This kind of sloppy security means that if someone has hacked that companies email system, they now have access to all of those outgoing passwords, and likely the "user name" to match for logging in since its usually the email address that the email is being sent to. Once they have that access, they are in your account with possible access to your billing information, password reset questions, and who knows what else. All of this can be used to gain access to some of your other related accounts, and possibly give the hacker insight into other security loopholes at the hacked company.

So yeah, nothing is hack proof, even the NSA was recently hacked. Like I said, NSA level security is one thing, and I don't expect average businesses to go that far except for some financial or medical entities. I'm not arguing the "irony" of anything, I'm arguing that both Hillary and Trump (if this story was true) seem to have zero concept of even the most basic IT practices and policies out there, so how can we expect them to ask the right questions that will drive the change that is going to keep us safe from one of our biggest threats?

Old 10-18-2016, 02:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
No irony involved, Trump isnt the one hacking the DNC or Clinton..

Old 10-18-2016, 03:05 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,137,337 times
Quote:
It is indeed.

A clinton supporter having the nerve to talk about unsecure servers is very ironic.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:08 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,395,405 times
Quote:
They are as secure as your email sever. At this point in time, Trump doesn't need a Government server, because he is not yet sending and receiving classified communications from any government agency.

Duh!

But, nice try.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,346,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Is he sending or receiving classified information on this server? Maybe you need to look up the word irony.
It isn't ironic because we don't expect a private company to have the most secure systems possible.
Possibly--he does a lot of whacky stuff and is the first presidential candidate ever to discuss security briefings on national tv.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections